Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im so sad about Angela Lansbury. Shes a real Disney legend

Reactions: 10
Angela is one of those celebs who I always knew I'd be genuinely sad about when the time eventually came. She was a legend of a golden era. As the saying goes, "they don't make them like that anymore."

RIP

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Angela Lansbury was such a massive part of my childhood. I loved watching Murder She Wrote and still do. Beauty and the Beast was my favourite Disney film as a child and Bedknobs and Broomsticks is amazing. So sad to hear of her death.

Reactions: 4
Was mentioned on the radio that she played the mother of Elvis' character in Blue Hawaii, which I didn't know.

Reactions: 4
This one hurts a bit.

Bedknobs and broomsticks, murder she wrote, miss Marple, death on the nile, beauty and the beast, anastasia. She was in so many things I loved growing up.

I also saw her in blithe spirit on broadway and she had incredible stage presence.

Another end of an era

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
She was also in Lace, the 1980's "bonkbuster". One of my all time favs with the oldest schoolgirls in history 😂

"Which one of you three witches is my mother?"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
British, moved to USA at 15, made a Dame, honorary academy award, BAFTA lifetime achievement, Tony Award lifetime achievement, 5 Tony Awards, 6 Golden Globes, Olivier award and worked for Disney, among many other career highlights.

Then she sees out her days in sunny Los Angeles at her own home passing away in her sleep. That's the way to go. In year round sun, in your sleep so you don't know about it and in your own home paid for by yourself with your own amazing work life. The word legend gets thrown around too easily but she is one.

Just don't go pretending when you watched episodes of Murder She Wrote you knew who the murderer was before Jessica did :D

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
She was also in Lace, the 1980's "bonkbuster". One of my all time favs with the oldest schoolgirls in history 😂

"Which one of you three witches is my mother?"
'Lace' I have thought about this series for years but couldn't remember the name. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
'Lace' I have thought about this series for years but couldn't remember the name. Thank you.
You're welcome ☺ Oh God, I loved it. I have it on VHS tape somewhere (that I bought 😳) but no video player to watch it on 😭 They used to show it fairly regularly on CBS Reality/CBS Drama (one of them) but not for years now. I want to see it again! Wonder if I can get it on DVD 🤔

Reactions: 2
You're welcome ☺ Oh God, I loved it. I have it on VHS tape somewhere (that I bought 😳) but no video player to watch it on 😭 They used to show it fairly regularly on CBS Reality/CBS Drama (one of them) but not for years now. I want to see it again! Wonder if I can get it on DVD 🤔
You tube, I remember Lucinda well 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Another mourner for La Lansbury (bit late with the offering, I know). It's all been said. Legend.
Said it elsewhere, but I really hoped she would make it as a healthy centenarian.
She was working well into her nineties and had remained sharp as well as relatively fit and able.
Mind you, the murderers of Cabot Cove and countless other locations can rest easy now (our Jess was a smart one and could have been pulling the wool over everyone's eyes- wherever she went, somebody died. Hmmm!).

Dick van Dyke, don't you dare let us down and miss your 100th (so long as you're enjoying life and decent health!)

'Lace'! Blimey, that brings back some teenage memories- the books and the films.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.