Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They did a sequel of sorts back in 2019 with Nicholas Gleaves playing the Headmaster. It had some of the original characters but they were played by new actors. It wasn't bad by any means and Terrence did a cameo but it only reminded everyone how great the original was.

yeah, I did catch some of the reboot. it was really good, but wasn't quite the same

didn't the new headmaster have a portrait of the og in his office?

Reactions: 4
yeah, I did catch some of the reboot. it was really good, but wasn't quite the same

didn't the new headmaster have a portrait of the og in his office?
I honestly can't remember. It was my niece who used to watch it and I caught a few bits here and there.

Oh no the first of the Smiths to pass Andy Rourke, only 59 years old. I was about 6 years old when they started but teenage me loved that band, years after they had called it a day, Marr and Andy the powerhouse behind Morrissey ( back when unsure of this world and my place in it teenage me identified with his words and their music with a passion) The Smiths made me realise I wasn’t alone, a misfit at school. RIP Andy, you and your band helped little me get through that difficult teenage period ❤

4B124C61-A549-4D72-B67C-96071AC2E6D2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
As much as it's a Morrissey solo song, the song First of the Gang to Die immediately came to mind 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Another one that hurts my teenage soul. The Smiths were a 4 piece *ahem* Morrissey and the rhythm section never got their due. R.I.P. Andy Rourke.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really sad to hear about Andy passing. I’ve loved The Smiths since my teenage years. 59 is far too young. RIP Andy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So sad to hear about Andy Rourke. Another part
of the soundtrack to my youth gone 😞 And another victim of pancreatic cancer 😡
Johnny’s words on his Instagram post are lovely ❤
Rest in peace, Andy x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
While this is a thread focused on celebrities. In regards to cancer in general, i read a story from Malawi how many women (younger and older) are getting terminal cancer because they do not have the facilities/resources to get simple screenings.

I find that a bloody disgrace in 2023. I was reading about a 38 year old Malawi woman who had terminal cervical cancer because there is limited screening available.

Remember how fortunate we are in the wedt to have simple screenings. It really bummed me out how many women in Malawi (and probably across large parts of the developing world) are experiencing these issues that we take for granted in the west.

It is no surprise though is it, the developing world continually gets f**ked over again and again. Unbelievable how much wealth there is in the world being hoarded, yet the poor around the world are still in distressing conditions. We've seen it when it comes to recent floodings and natural disasters. Don't get me started anyway, it's infuriating.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I refuse to say rest in peace to him, because his victims never got to live in peace.

It is a shame he got to live such a long life, I can only hope his death was painful.

Reactions: 22
I wonder if he did die earlier this month as was the speculation, private ambulance was seen 11th May. I guess all will be revealed. Either way what a wicked man.

Edit - the papers saying his death was registered by family today.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if he did die earlier this month as was the speculation, private ambulance was seen 11th May. I guess all will be revealed. Either way what a wicked man.
Yeah, wonder if he did and the reason it wasn’t announced at the time was so they could secretly bury or cremate him somewhere without fanfare and no headstone so people wouldn’t interfere with the grave

Reactions: 11
We lost my cousin earlier this week. 30 years old, daughter and fiancée at home, completely unexpected. She’d have done anything for anyone and lived for her family. She won’t get to see her daughter grow up, won’t get married, and her daughter now has to live the rest of her life without her mummy.

Then you get scum of the earth like him who get to live to 93 after causing so much pain and suffering to people. The world really bleeping baffles me sometimes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
What's with all the positive comments about Rolf on the DM article? Bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.