Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tanne1999

VIP Member
I also have tickets, but I think they will go ahead as Steve said he wasn’t joining the Pulp reunion this time. Statement they released last year said so, I thought this strange at the time, but now hearing the sad news maybe the reason was his health was poor, and he knew he was unable to join them.

From last year….

The Sheffield band – which, for these dates, consists of Cocker, Candida Doyle, Nick Banks and Mark Webber – will tour the UK from 26 May, starting in Bridlington Spa. The run includes two festival appearances, at Glasgow’s TRNSMT (7 July) and Latitude (21 July).

Bassist Steve Mackey announced that he would not be joining this reunion. “I’ve decided to continue the work I’m engaged in – music, film-making and photography projects,” he posted on Instagram. “Pulp is a very important part of my creative life and I’m exceptionally proud of the body of work we’ve created together.”
Oh I hadn’t seen that. Thanks for letting me know. I think they might still go ahead then, and make it a huge party for Steve ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Lonette

Seems like there's been an extra lot of celeb deaths recently!
It feels just as bad as 2016, maybe even a bit worse than that. I have never known anything like this before in terms of so many people dying, celebs and non-celebs alike. It's scaring me, tbh.

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
And in one of the Austin Powers films

Used to love watching his shows back in the day. I even bought the Too Hot For TV videos which were more salacious and sweary than the shows that were on TV. Jerry was well aware his shows were trash tv and didn’t pretend otherwise but at least he owned it

RIP Jerry
Ahhh happy days - my particular faves were wig tossing showdown and tug of weave. TV entertainment at it’s finest!! 😂😂

• Haha

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
I assume special arrangements were made to organise Rolf’s funeral before the death certificate was issued, so that he’d be laid to rest before the announcement of his passing and minimise press interest.

Blurp

VIP Member
Maybe a bit niche but former Scottish Rugby hero Doddie Weir has sadly succumbed to MND which he'd been suffering with for past 6 years ...saw him play several times and was at the Scotland v Wales game of inaugural Doddie Weir cup in Cardiff several years ago
Doddie Weir: Former Scotland lock dies at 52 after suffering from motor neurone disease https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63768331
MND is a truly awful disease which has taken so many sportsmen
He was always my hero, and a gorgeous big hunk of a man.

• Heart

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
According to TMZ in August, she was gonna divorce him after finding out he had cheated and other stuff. I can only assume he had hoped the trip would try and fix something and when he realized it hadn't, he did what he did.
The story I saw (U.K.) was that they had decided to reconcile, and have counselling etc, but they got into a massive drunken fight (had to be separated by hotel staff) and she said that she was done, so he took his own life. Either way, he clearly felt whatever was done couldn’t be fixed 😔

• Sad

Vivian124

VIP Member
How has it still not come out how Dani hampson died?? They even did a dance thing in her memory yet cause of death is a big secret.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Very few deaths of celebs that I don't know personally have emotionally affected me. Taylor Hawkins, Chester Bennington, David Bowie and Chris Cornell probably rocked me the most.

I know Paul McCartney is a good ol age at this point but I'll be devastated when he dies. I know people don't respect him much but he is my favourite beatle and his songwriting ability is second to none plus he didn't. He's so beautiful and kind too.
Plus he didn’t?