Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Yep, I've never watched Harry Potter, but Cracker and tutti frutti and other shows, he really was good.
I’ve never seen tutti frutti, but everyone who has seems to love it. I had a bit of crush on him too Maid. He’s going to be so missed.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

monga

VIP Member
Not sure about elsewhere but here in Scotland you can. My great-aunt died and it was less than a week later we got the okay to collect the medical certificate from the Sheriff Court. The reason I remember is we asked what to do next meaning could we go straight to the registrar. She must have misunderstood as she said 'Oh, I'm sorry you can't take her with you now.' Being a cheeky wee cow at the time and not knowing when to be quiet, I said that was a shame as we had the 20p bus fare all ready to bring her home. I'm not sure what was redder her face or my ear where my aunt whacked it.

Anyways, we went straight to the registrar who logged everything and according to her, as soon as it was in the system anyone could order it. It's the same with marriage/birth/divorce etc licenses. As long as you know the details, you can request a copy.
Yeah I got one within two days I only had to ring the registrar .Births , Deaths and Marriages are public records where I am .I assumed that was the norm everywhere 🤷🏼‍♀️
---
I’m going off the General Registry Office for England and Wales. I can search up until 2021. I suppose (if you were a loved one or relative) if you wanted to you could ring up/email if you wanted it sooner?
The undertaker gets the paperwork before the body is released , we ring the registrar and the cert is sent out within a couple of days, you can request as many as you want, hadn’t checked to see if it’s visible on their database but I assumed once it’s on there it’s open to view.

Last edited:

Eirawen

VIP Member
Cherry Valentine from Season 2 of Drag Race UK died at the weekend their family has announced. They were only 28 years old.

Dame Hilary Mantel has died suddenly at the age of 70.
Didn't know Cherry but sad to lose someone so young,

Hilary Mantel, RIP I loved Wolf Hall one of my favourite books ever!!

kev1974

VIP Member
JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

I hadn't realised, his show ran for 25 years. 25 years!

Well I guess he can now deliver his ultimate Final Thought.

I remember seeing this at the theatre in London at the height of his success. I seem to remember it was actually pretty good. There's no doubt that his show changed TV forever.

1682614536422.png

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Does anyone know what Josephine Tewson's cause of death was? None of the articles online say or say what she was in the care home for. Rest in peace. I thought she was great in Keeping Up Appearances.

• Heart