Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very few deaths of celebs that I don't know personally have emotionally affected me. Taylor Hawkins, Chester Bennington, David Bowie and Chris Cornell probably rocked me the most.

I know Paul McCartney is a good ol age at this point but I'll be devastated when he dies. I know people don't respect him much but he is my favourite beatle and his songwriting ability is second to none plus he didn't. He's so beautiful and kind too.
Plus he didn’t?

Reactions: 2
Is there any particular passing you dread?
Now the Queen and George Michael have gone, The icons from the 80’s really, Boy George, the Spandaus, Robert Smith, Morrissey and the DJ's like Steve Wright, Gary Davies, Ken Bruce…. I grew up with their music so the thought of them dying or not being able to hear them on the radio again is sad. (It’s beginning to sink in about Paul O'Grady and I loved him on the radio on a Sunday evening).

The famous person dying that upset me the most was Jo Cox. I’d never even heard of her before that day, but a 41 year old mum going to work, trying to do good things for US, the general public, and being murdered just gutted me. Still does. David Amess too.

People are horrible to MP's in everyday life, they get slagged off and thought of as horrible just because they are MP's but I don't believe any of them are evil (useless maybe!) but they do put themselves out for us on a daily basis and don’t deserve half of the hassle they get let alone be murdered.

I’m not interested in anyone slagging others off if you sit on your arse and don’t help. I do my bit for charity and volunteering and get sick of the general public bitching and complaining, most of them couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sad news about Ryuichi Sakamoto. ‘Forbidden Colours’ with David Sylvian is to me a masterpiece, a hauntingly beautiful track, he made such wonderful music and loved him acting with Bowie in Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence. An amazingly talented man, very sad loss.

D4BCCFB6-3BB0-4938-8B9F-445B2DC24A48.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I still get emotional when I see pics/film clips or hear the music of George Michael and Whitney Houston.
Such HUGE talents.
So young. So missed.
---
David Sylvian has died! He was so beautiful and had such a lovely voice. Japan was so good 😞
@Flowerpotgirl
Not David.
It's Ryuichi Sakamoto who has passed.
He collaberated with David.

Reactions: 7
I think the death that got me the most was either Shibby Cattigan (niche, I’m aware!) because of the fact it was totally inevitable if the Scottish rugby union had acted as they should have done, as they would have done if it was a male player, and the fact they’ve been total pricks to her family since her untimely death.

And doddie weir. Because that mad giraffe of a man was a hero. Seeing him come out at Murrayfield in 2017 after his diagnoses and again a couple of weeks before he died was insanely special and something I’ll never ever forget. 70k people giving the big man the reaction he so very much deserved.

In case you can’t tell, I’m a big Scottish rugby fan 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nigel Lawson, former Chancellor of the Exchequer and unoriginal namer of children dad of Nigella has died, according to The Telegraph.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.