Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read the final series he filmed for POGDOGS will go ahead and air next month

Reactions: 13
For anyone else who wants to watch it, they’re showing a classic episode of Blankety Blank at 7PM on BBC One tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was just thinking, imagine the amount of people who died this week who we never even knew. Just strangers, let alone celebs.

Reactions: 8
I was just thinking, imagine the amount of people who died this week who we never even knew. Just strangers, let alone celebs.
Over 600,000 people die each year in the UK alone.
---
(And the 2023 Celebrity Death Pool has only predicted ONE of them so far!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Can't help but think of all his animals he had, and what is going to happen to them, and how they're going to cope. I mean his human loved ones of course will be devastated but at least they can understand what's going on, and they have agency over their lives. I really hope his husband might keep the animals but understand if he might feel it's too much. I guess he must be an animal lover too or he would not have been able to put up with sharing his home with so many. Even if he does keep them though, they'll be still perplexed and sad at the loss of Paul.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Both Paul and his hubby spent long periods away from home for work, so there are people who care for the animals daily. I’m sure the dogs will pick up on the atmosphere as I believe they were with him when he passed but they are used to having other people around.
Have you seen Paul’s insta? There’s lots of lovely photos of his animals. I was looking through them last night and there’s such lovely memories on there

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is there any particular passing you dread?

George Michael broke me but was so unexpected but some expected ones can still hit hard. I suppose it is a testament to your character to live to a very old age and still have people not ready to want you to go.
---
Can't help but think of all his animals he had, and what is going to happen to them, and how they're going to cope.
I felt this around the death of The Queen. Even more so when I learned the dogs went to Andrew.

Reactions: 10
I dread the treasures mentioned leaving us, but I also dread someone young and current suddenly going. Someone who’s cultural impact you’d miss. Mind you, both Attenborough and Dame Judi count for this too.

I dread the treasures mentioned leaving us, but I also dread someone young and current suddenly going. Someone who’s cultural impact you’d miss. Mind you, both Attenborough and Dame Judi count for this too.
Yeah, I agree. There's a couple where I don't want to tempt fate, so I don't mention them.

Reactions: 9
My friends and family do a little sweepstake on who will be the first famous person to die this year. It's all in good fun until someone mentions a name that would really upset you. Then you're like no, don't go tempting fate with that one.

Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm a hard b@stard but a celeb dying has zero effect on me. Especially if they've had a good long life. Just my opinion, don't shoot me down

Reactions: 11
Maybe I'm a hard b@stard but a celeb dying has zero effect on me. Especially if they've had a good long life. Just my opinion, don't shoot me down
I’m like that too , an initial “oh no that’s sad” but I don’t get upset or dwell on it.

Each to our own and all that .

Olivia Newton Johns death hurt me, didn't want to read or see anything about it. Weird because I knew nothing about it her apart from Grease. Didn't really read any of the tributes here about Paul because it was a bit sore, had a chuckle on the death pool thread though. Humour helps I think. I will listen to a repeat of Pauls final radio show on Easter Sunday, I liked him. Remember reading one of his autobiographies, might buy his more recent book.
Definitely a nice person who used his time well.

• Heart
I don’t tend to either, I don’t get the regular person who then posts on their Facebook/Instagram with a RIP and a photo of the celebrity. I did think it was sad news about Paul as I enjoyed watching him. I think the last one I thought “oh gosh that’s sad” about was George Michael as I grew up hearing Wham

Reactions: 4
That’s what I love about Tattle, everyone has different views, it would be so boring otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Very few deaths of celebs that I don't know personally have emotionally affected me. Taylor Hawkins, Chester Bennington, David Bowie and Chris Cornell probably rocked me the most.

I know Paul McCartney is a good ol age at this point but I'll be devastated when he dies. I know people don't respect him much but he is my favourite beatle and his songwriting ability is second to none plus he didn't. He's so beautiful and kind too.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.