Resort TV1 #8 Sir, you have got to get off the boat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay after my first comment I have a lot to unpack.

1) yes, by appearance Josh has a great job, nice home, nice car, wife who turns a blind eye to whatever this lifestyle is.

2) yes, he preys on the pity party stans

3) his omission tonight about his family being in a bad spot financially seemed genuine, and if no one had sent money it wouldn’t have seemed so cringey and disingenuous later on. As soon as money started coming in the humility went out the door. This is common behaviour for people in debt in my experience. They have remorse for the past financial struggles that prevent them from getting ahead, they’re mortgaged and credited to the hilt, and can’t improve their situation even with a good job. It’s a cycle because the spending habit doesn’t improve enough to pay for past financial mistakes, current finances, and impulse buys.

4) unfortunately now that he’s proven that showing that much vulnerability (real or perceived on our part as viewers) will get the money rolling in, you can bet Petey McD will be training mods to have a rando account to post something mean, then have another one make a big donation to start a donation train again every certain number of streams.

5) in the end, it feels like Josh is a real person under the layers of narcissism and defensiveness. I think his parents have always been around to bail him out, and maybe they can’t continue to do so at their age. Streaming can be a second job, it doesn’t actually bother me that people have sponsors and take donations and tips because there IS a cost to streaming at all. Viewers just have to discern whether they only want to watch a steamer or vlogger that does it as a hobby (or with monetized ads such as Tim tracker, PMM) or whether they are okay with the sponsors, plugs, patreon and superchats.

6) you don’t have to watch the stream if you don’t agree with the channel’s practices. We all come on here and hate, but we’re still watching and bolstering views. We’re hypocritical ourselves in thay way. We want to criticize and bully here, but we’re still watching for the Disney content. Josh is an “all press is good press” guy and I’m sure he’s happy enough that we even hate-watch. If you actually want to make a negative impact, stop giving the channel views.

I think we’d all just like to see the family be more genuine, self-aware and gracious. They come off that way, but it feels fake. Every family has cracks and they clearly have a bunch, but they’re providing us non-passholders and people across the country a window into Disney. It is a service and clearly enough of us enjoy it and still watch weekly. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
3) his omission tonight about his family being in a bad spot financially seemed genuine, and if no one had sent money it wouldn’t have seemed so cringey and disingenuous later on.
This is not the first time Josh has mentioned his finances during live streaming. He knows exactly the reaction that he will get and stans will throw money his way. I believe he did take a pay cut at school when they decided to change his job duties. He probably got extra for marching band and other things. However, his wife has the luxury of staying home all day and making lame vlogs for the Homes channel. Her main responsibility is to keep books on the channel and you can bet her “salary” comes from the profits, meaning Jenna does not get exactly half of everything.

6) you don’t have to watch the stream if you don’t agree with the channel’s practices. We all come on here and hate, but we’re still watching and bolstering views. We’re hypocritical ourselves in thay way. We want to criticize and bully here, but we’re still watching for the Disney content. Josh is an “all press is good press” guy and I’m sure he’s happy enough that we even hate-watch. If you actually want to make a negative impact, stop giving the channel views.
We don’t have to watch and I am fully aware that when I do, he gets a view. This is a place to discuss what we see on YouTube/Insta/etc. When they do something right, the people here acknowledge that, especially on this thread. This place is not bullying. Creators do not have to come over here to read it. A bully would go over to Josh’s stream or socials and post in a way to intimidate or coerce. Suggesting that Josh give money to Israel isn’t bullying. Asking why he is so concerned about numbers isn’t bullying. Expressing your opinion is not bullying.

Josh also said “guys please watch Jenna tomorrow, you don’t have to send her $$, although I’m sure she’d love this too. If that’s not a blatant evil evangelist move, I don’t know what is.
That is disgusting on many levels. He knows Jenna doesn’t get the big money when she’s on and he probably tells her as much. That’s one thing I give Jenna credit for, when she grifts, she grifts for Stitchie pins. Josh goes for the big money. His “honesty” is a way to take advantage of their vulnerable viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Okay after my first comment I have a lot to unpack.

1) yes, by appearance Josh has a great job, nice home, nice car, wife who turns a blind eye to whatever this lifestyle is.

2) yes, he preys on the pity party stans

3) his omission tonight about his family being in a bad spot financially seemed genuine, and if no one had sent money it wouldn’t have seemed so cringey and disingenuous later on. As soon as money started coming in the humility went out the door. This is common behaviour for people in debt in my experience. They have remorse for the past financial struggles that prevent them from getting ahead, they’re mortgaged and credited to the hilt, and can’t improve their situation even with a good job. It’s a cycle because the spending habit doesn’t improve enough to pay for past financial mistakes, current finances, and impulse buys.

4) unfortunately now that he’s proven that showing that much vulnerability (real or perceived on our part as viewers) will get the money rolling in, you can bet Petey McD will be training mods to have a rando account to post something mean, then have another one make a big donation to start a donation train again every certain number of streams.

5) in the end, it feels like Josh is a real person under the layers of narcissism and defensiveness. I think his parents have always been around to bail him out, and maybe they can’t continue to do so at their age. Streaming can be a second job, it doesn’t actually bother me that people have sponsors and take donations and tips because there IS a cost to streaming at all. Viewers just have to discern whether they only want to watch a steamer or vlogger that does it as a hobby (or with monetized ads such as Tim tracker, PMM) or whether they are okay with the sponsors, plugs, patreon and superchats.

I think we’d all just like to see the family be more genuine, self-aware and gracious. They come off that way, but it feels fake. Every family has cracks and they clearly have a bunch, but they’re providing us non-passholders and people across the country a window into Disney. It is a service and clearly enough of us enjoy it and still watch weekly. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm curious what your definition of bullying is.

Is it bullying to walk into your local store, ask to see a manager, and tell them they need to move the displays blocking the entrance as you witnessed a disabled person smack into one as it was in the way? Because that's exactly what josh is doing when he sits there crying poor to the camera fully aware that he's coercing those with big hearts and little self control to send him funds.

If you want to see bullying, head on over to the Tim Tracker threads. They're gross and that's why I tend not to look in over there often anymore.

The little bit of it I've seen happen on these RTV1 treads has been called out and stopped. Most folk here seem to be concerned at how Josh neglects everyone except for himself and seemingly plays one turn while singing another.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In terms of giving them a view, I know. You don’t have to condescend. We are all aware. And just an fyi, I used to be a weekly viewer, and now I tune in a couple of times a year. I always watch the NYE Epcot stream, but anything else is happenstance.

Reactions: 6
you can't bully someone behind their back so just...no. if josh chooses to come here and read what we say, then that is his choice. he has said many many times that the "troll" comments are deleted on chat so quickly he never even sees them. :rolleyes:

i have been watching him off and on since 2019, right after my MIL died and we had to cancel our trip and we were sad and looking for disney content. IMO he still has the best quality so i still occasionally tune in.

i don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living or get out of debt or whatever his situation is. but we have all heard josh talk out of both sides of his mouth...last night he flat out said their views are down and they are not hitting their "budget" this month. then the sob story about hard financial times. cue the superchats rolling in. he knows what he is doing. OTOH, i have also heard him brag about how successful they are, and how he could go FT youtube and quit teaching if he wanted to. so which is it??

we had a couple lean years when we first got married. guess what we did not eat out. ever. we walked around the grocery store with a calculator because we had a weekly food budget. we definitely did not go to DL like he did in february, or buy multiple extra party tickets, or copious cookies, cokes and burgers in the parks.

no one but josh knows what their true financial situation is, but he is clearly taking advantage of naive people for money. that is where my major problem with him lies. he also claimed last week that he "almost had a heart attack from stress". it's gross and predatory and the stans just eat it right up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Whenever Stef is on, she makes sure Liam gets a souvenir from wherever they visit, sometimes multiple. That also does not scream hard times to me. They waste gas just driving around neighborhoods for hours. That also is not the behavior of people who struggle for money. I could go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Whenever Stef is on, she makes sure Liam gets a souvenir from wherever they visit, sometimes multiple. That also does not scream hard times to me. They waste gas just driving around neighborhoods for hours. That also is not the behavior of people who struggle for money. I could go on.
This. Exactly. Stef is also legit obsessed with Starbucks and has one in the car in every video. If you're struggling, you wouldn't be stopping to purchase cake pops for Liam and $5-$6 drinks.

Reactions: 13
Trackers are live! 2.4k viewers.
So Tim is moving into the Disney Streamer community.
This will be interesting.

Took a look - where are their kids? Oh, wait... they onto nanny #49?

Tim is so gracious when meeting fans, he reminds me of Cory. He seems to be just thankful without going overboard and making it weird.
His wife comes across as fake and when she says "Thank you" to a stan, it's very abrupt and has a "get out of my face" feel to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’ll be leaving a comment on the video when it’s done suggesting Josh get a second job and keep YT as a hobby if he’s struggling to pay the bills. I’m very suspicious that he’s hurting for money, he likes to exaggerate and play poor me. He seems like a cheap skate so I’m sure he accounts for every penny Steph spends
He has all this spare time to spend hours and hours in the parks, he’s their week on week, I would suggest he cuts his time Theo in half, use those hour to get a second proper job as he’s always in about money, get Jenna to work the hours josh would normally do, their we are his money issues solved… hundreds of people around the world are finding every day expenses going up week on week, yet they don’t go begging for suoerchats, and the cheek for him to then say; guys it’s better if you send the funds via PayPal and we get 100% of the money!! True grifter right their

Reactions: 9
Looks like Tim is going to be doing more livestreams (Less work for the wife). Josh has to be shaking in his boots lol

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Looks like Tim is going to be doing more livestreams (Less work for the wife). Josh has to be shaking in his boots lol
I'm wondering what Josh is thinking.
My guess would be he thinks "It's fine. It's fine.", reassuring himself that Tim is doing short 1-2 hour streams and that even if they conflict with Josh's the viewers who leave for Tim will pop back over.

BUT - If Tim decides to go for longer streams and stay in the parks all evening through fireworks then Josh should be aware that folk prefer Tim's gentle personality and lack of an advertising agenda and will tune to Tim.

Tim needs to buy a new phone if he does this more at night. He's presently working on an iphone 13 with bad night time quality which may make viewers stay on Josh's stream. Good thing Josh bought that ultra-expensive phone, despite how broke he might be.

Last edited:
Josh did acknowledge that Tim was live during his stream last night. He was on such a high from all the dough rolling in that he seemed to move past it pretty quickly, but it will be fun to see how he responds going forward.

This. Exactly. Stef is also legit obsessed with Starbucks and has one in the car in every video. If you're struggling, you wouldn't be stopping to purchase cake pops for Liam and $5-$6 drinks.
Sometimes twice - during one of their Sunday drives with just Steph and Josh, she started the stream with a Starbucks, then said she needed to stop for another Starbucks ~45 minutes in, and then said she needed to stop to use a bathroom about half an hour later. To which Josh snapped, "I'm going to need a Coke soon!" Such fun and useful content.

Speaking of great content, today Jenna released another vlog from the cruise they took on 9/3. She's really cranking out those videos, isn't she? We also recently watched her decorating for fall vlog. During the vlog, she says that she just finished editing their ship tour video and was uploading it to YouTube. Wasn't that the first video they released from that trip? Which means she recorded the decorating video just after the cruise, but didn't get around to editing it and releasing it until a week ago. Not that I care about when it was recorded - if you're going to treat this like your "full-time job," as she claims, it makes sense to pre-record things for when you'll be away. I just think it's sloppy to point out timeline discrepancies in the video that aren't relevant to the content.

I’m all here for Tim Tracker horning in these live streamers! Bring on the popcorn!

For the most part, Tim has always been gracious to “fans,” but his wife though.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Josh did acknowledge that Tim was live during his stream last night. He was on such a high from all the dough rolling in that he seemed to move past it pretty quickly, but it will be fun to see how he responds going forward.
When he mentioned it, you could tell he had a million thoughts going through his head at the moment.

• Haha
Sometimes twice - during one of their Sunday drives with just Steph and Josh, she started the stream with a Starbucks, then said she needed to stop for another Starbucks ~45 minutes in, and then said she needed to stop to use a bathroom about half an hour later. To which Josh snapped, "I'm going to need a Coke soon!" Such fun and useful content.
It's possible they're working off Starbucks gift cards that roll in through his teaching job as well as on stream. Jenna probably gets the bulk of them for her mom to use as she buys Jenna's drinks to serve her, but Josh might keep a few.

You'd think if they wanted to save money they'd have a small cooler in the car for both these road excursions as well as parks, filled with an icepack, waters and Josh's precious cokes. If he has to have them, at least do it smart.

Good point about the Starby's gift cards. I can't watch their mail streams, but I'm sure they get lots of those, too. During last night's telethon, in addition to pushing paypal, the mods also threw the mailing address for their PO Box in the chat. Remember - nothing perishable, because Josh can't be bothered to check it more than once a month. But keep those gift cards and cash donations coming!

I almost forgot about Jenna's cringeworthy grift moment from Friday's stream with Dale. They were shopping, and there were lots of shiny new things that the chat was encouraging Jenna to buy. She turned to Dale and said, "why can't we buy anything, Dale?" He replied, "because we're broke."

I get that it was (kind of) a joke, and it's part of their 50's housewife style of spousal banter (she spends all my money!), but I find it distasteful, given they went on a week long cruise last month, and how they (mostly Josh, but Jenna to a lesser extent) constantly talk about all the things they can't afford to do or buy.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Here’s how I know Josh watches other streams. This “woe is me. I’m broke” BS is right out of Ear to Poorhouse’s playbook. He mentions that he can’t afford groceries, gas, etc. and the SuperChats come running in. Josh is now taking that and getting the same results.

Adding this: Even the fake rage is another Chris act. He’ll leave a crappy remark on the screen so everyone can see it. Then he tries to defend his behavior. People feel sorry for him and more PayPals come in. It’s all mind games with these people.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.