Remembering Prince Phillip

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Although a sad and sombre occasion I thought the funeral was perfectly done. The pain on the face of Charles and Anne was plain to see, the walk behind the coffin must have felt like it was miles long. The Queen had to deal with the loss of her husband in front of millions, but deal with it she did. You must have a heart I’d stone if you were not moved by the footage of her sat alone during the service. Catherine looked absolutely stunning and regal, the picture of her behind the mask is hauntingly beautiful. Harry looked uncomfortable and out of place, IMO he will not be missed when he returns to his family in America.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't believe the Penny story at all. She found comfort in them after her daughter's death and they considered her family.

The funeral was so touching. And so beautiful, if you can say that for a funeral. Everything was perfect and just the way he deserved it.

I was glad to see Harry, Kate and William together. I think it's rather obvious who's stirring the pot.

Charles surprised me, he seemed really broken. So sad to see.

TQ broke my heart. She was incredibly blessed, many of us don't get to live to 81, much less know your partner for that long and spend 73 beautiful years with him. But that makes this loss incredibly hard, she must be hurting immensely from within.

I am particularly moved by the handwritten note she left as his Lilibet on his casket and the fact that after she dies, his coffin will be taken to her place of final rest and they will rest there in peace together, as per her wishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I found the coverage of the funeral today really moving. I wasn't expecting to cry but hearing Nimrod, Jerusalem and Zadok sent me over the edge! 😭

The choir was fantastic and I really enjoyed the readings the DoE selected. I think all involved in coordinating today should be very proud of themselves.

Seeing HMTQ sitting alone really upset me, but hopefully she went home and spent the rest of the day with her loved ones surrounding her, and with a large gin and Dubonnet in her hand!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
20210417_230547.jpg

Thought I would show the picture my brother got when HRH stopped to talk to me 😊♥
Feel so lucky to have met him, even it was only briefly x (I put the story of meeting him on the last thread)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Penny lived with Philip at Sandringham up until the pandemic started. She was reportedly to be the 2nd person after the Queen to be informed of his death when it happened. Not one thing said here or anywhere else on the subject will be anything the Queen isn’t fully aware of. She and Phil have had separate lives for decades.

This doesn’t mean that the Queen and Prince Philip didn’t have an abiding love and respect for each other.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't believe the Penny story at all. She found comfort in them after her daughter's death and they considered her family.

The funeral was so touching. And so beautiful, if you can say that for a funeral. Everything was perfect and just the way he deserved it.

I was glad to see Harry, Kate and William together. I think it's rather obvious who's stirring the pot.

Charles surprised me, he seemed really broken. So sad to see.

TQ broke my heart. She was incredibly blessed, many of us don't get to live to 81, much less know your partner for that long and spend 73 beautiful years with him. But that makes this loss incredibly hard, she must be hurting immensely from within.

I am particularly moved by the handwritten note she left as his Lilibet on his casket and the fact that after she dies, his coffin will be taken to her place of final rest and they will rest there in peace together, as per her wishes.
Is the royal vault not the final resting place? I couldn't see the Queen going anywhere else.

Is the royal vault not the final resting place? I couldn't see the Queen going anywhere else.
She will be moved to where her father King George, The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret are resting, (that’s what I read).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Charles really did look broken.As did Ann...Edward and Andrew appeared ok,I presume Andrew cant cry as his eyes "cant sweat"😉😉
Sophie and Catherine are perfect in their poise as royal wives.
Camilla (whom I do like) comes off as stiff and awkward I think..

Is a lady in waiting just a female servant, or something else?

Reactions: 9
Penny lived with Philip at Sandringham up until the pandemic started. She was reportedly to be the 2nd person after the Queen to be informed of his death when it happened. Not one thing said here or anywhere else on the subject will be anything the Queen isn’t fully aware of. She and Phil have had separate lives for decades.

This doesn’t mean that the Queen and Prince Philip didn’t have an abiding love and respect for each other.
show some respect :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is a lady in waiting just a female servant, or something else?
I believe it’s like a Personal Assistant. They accompany her on trips etc. She has a few and the one she chose today is said to be one of her closest confidants.

Reactions: 4
It has been generally accepted penny was Phillips long term mistress for decades (and there were always rumoured to be mistresses) it’s perfectly normal in the aristocracy to have mistresses isn’t it? Even if your wife is the queen.

I don’t get why penny is too young to be his mistress but not too young to be his best friend? If you can be one you can be the other

Reactions: 5
King George VI, The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret are buried in the Royal Vault. Philip will rest there until The Queen passes, not for many years I hope then his final place of rest will be at Frogmore with The Queen

Reactions: 1
King George VI, The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret are buried in the Royal Vault. Philip will rest there until The Queen passes, not for many years I hopethen his final place of rest will be at Frogmore with The Queen
I read that they are in George VI’s Memorial Chapel and when The Queen passes both she and Prince Philip will be laid to rest there.

King George was initially laid to rest in the Royal Vault but moved to the Memorial Chapel which was named after him at a later date.

Reactions: 6
King George VI, The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret are buried in the Royal Vault. Philip will rest there until The Queen passes, not for many years I hope then his final place of rest will be at Frogmore with The Queen
Why would the Queen go to frogmore have you seen that recorded somewhere? I thought was still up for debate but seeing as Philip has been interred in the Royal vault it more or less confirms st georges Chapel.

Last edited:
The sun shone for Prince Philip today. A touching service, beautiful music and choir. True pageantry and honour. I found it very moving. My heart goes out to the royal family, especially The Queen to go through the funeral with the world watching them. Such duty and resilience, they have my full respect and admiration. God Save The Queen.

Reactions: 10
Wonder why they don't place them straight away into the memorial Chapel, is it traditional that they do time in the vault first, can people visit them in the memorial Chapel or vault. Fascinates me.
Probably because of the work involved.

The vault can serve as final resting place as well, there's pics of it and it's like bunk beds with coffins behind iron gates and plates noting who it is.
Some kings are permanently there (for now?) as well as eg q Vic's father.

For Philip it's a temporary parking place and if Liz had gone before him, I think she'd be temporarily there as well, waiting for him.

Margaret's ashes were there temporarily, too.

I think the chapel was purpose built for Liz qm & George + Liz & Phil (in the ca 1960s, G was also in the vault before being transferred and buried in the chapel).
It is the only new addition to the castle (or just chapel?) since the 1500s and Margaret had to be cremated (highly unusual for them), because she wanted to be buried with her father but there was no space. She was interred in the vault and then buried at the same time as Liz qm.
(I suppose everyone expected Marg would be buried at Frog, possibly with a husband, but her life turnt out differently)

Which, to answer your question, makes me think it's a logistical decision, as it means building work (opening the designated place(s), setting in the coffin, closing again) is easier to do once for two people than twice (esp if the span between the two is short).

Reactions: 5

How do you know that? Are there any sources for that?

I thought Penny lived in her own house and visited Sandringham, as did other people.

Wasn't Lord Mountbatten a kind of father figure for Philip? Maybe Philip fulfilled the same role for Penny.

Reactions: 3