Remembering Prince Phillip

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t imagine being with someone for 73 years let alone losing them after all that time. Poor Queen.

Hope they’re all having a drink for Phillip!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
The pageantry is over, thank goodness, beautiful, special and fitting as it was, its very very hard on loved ones. Thank goodness it was quick and cameras focused a lot on the lovely choir allowing the family some privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Although I’m Irish, I have a lot of English family and love the royal family. I sobbed the whole way through. I can’t imagine how the Queen feels after 73 years of marriage although she has known him 81 years❤I was so happy to see William and Harry walking and talking together on the way out of the chapel. R.I.P Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That was far more moving than I ever expected. When the family was following the hearse, the military band with the bell tolling and the gun salute.... I was a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Nows the time to ask where was Penny? I didn't spot her but they had people hidden away in dark seats.

Reactions: 1
Nows the time to ask where was Penny? I didn't spot her but they had people hidden away in dark seats.
She was sitting right at the back. There was a few people who the cameras couldn’t really capture. As you say, in the dark seats.

Reactions: 1
Penelope Knatchbull, countess mountbatton of Burma or Penny Romsey. That's all her names i think. She was given an invite, because she was his confidant.
She is the wife of Lord Mountbatton's Grandson is that right? I think it said on ITV she was there on her husbands behalf as he was too ill to attend.

Reactions: 3
She is the wife of Lord Mountbatton's Grandson is that right? I think it said on ITV she was there on her husbands behalf as he was too ill to attend.
I watched BBC they didn't give commentary like that, she wasn't mentioned as far as I know.
I didn't read that her husband was ill, I'm just curious about the speculation regarding her that has been mentioned.

Reactions: 2
I’m now surprised after this week hearing of his love of Windsor that he went to live at Sandringham for his retirement. I know he’d been at Windsor for the Pandemic but funny he went so far away to Sandringham when the Queen was at Buckingham Palace and Windsor at the weekend. He had a huge part in the plans of the restoration of Windsor Castle and was active in how the park was run.

Reactions: 6
So many people who I know that are around my age (20s) didn't watch the funeral or care much about his passing or anything royal for that matter. So it's nice to come here to speak to like minded people who still love the Royal family. Or at least, HMQ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m now surprised after this week hearing of his love of Windsor that he went to live at Sandringham for his retirement. I know he’d been at Windsor for the Pandemic but funny he went so far away to Sandringham when the Queen was at Buckingham Palace and Windsor at the weekend. He had a huge part in the plans of the restoration of Windsor Castle and was active in how the park was run.
Oh I heard lots of surprising things this week and I think the weeks ahead will bring many more surprises.

Reactions: 2