Remembering Prince Phillip

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whats making me doubt the Penny rumours is Prince Charles giving away her daughter, maybe I've picked it up wrong. Would you really do that if your dad and her mother were an open secret.

Reactions: 9
Whats making me doubt the Penny rumours is Prince Charles giving away her daughter, maybe I've picked it up wrong. Would you really do that if your dad and her mother were an open secret.
Was Charles her Godfather? I’m sure her Dad was Williams.

I’m not sure I believe the rumours either. I don’t doubt he played away when younger but I feel the age gap is too great. He was a wrinkly old man when they met 😝

Reactions: 4
Was Charles her Godfather? I’m sure her Dad was Williams.

I’m not sure I believe the rumours either. I don’t doubt he played away when younger but I feel the age gap is too great. He was a wrinkly old man when they met 😝
He may have been. I've no doubt Philip had it in him and I love the goss but would you really invite his mistress to the funeral and be pally pally with her.
It is insinuating that in the press articles though and they're usually not far wrong, maybe they really did come to an understanding and The Queen didn't mind because he was her rock in other ways, and they (PP&P) did look to have a very close friendship.
I think PP was a dish even as an older man, can definitely see the attraction. I just don't know. But I expect more things will come to light.

Reactions: 6
Ordinarily I wouldn't be surprised at the attendance of Penny but to think close members of the family had been turned down due to numbers, in favour of her being there...well their relationship whatever it was must have been secondary only to the queen.

Reactions: 3
I presumed Penelope Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten, was invited to represent the Mountbatten side of Prince Philip’s family, he was very close to Lord Mountbatten. The Dukes of Kent and Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and three of Prince Philip’s great-nephews attended the funeral too.

Reactions: 11
Over the past few days I have been looking at photos of The Queen and Prince Philip in their younger days when they had only gotten engaged. As I saw her sitting alone in the chapel all I could see was a young Elizabeth longing for her husband. It broke my heart.
But how very lucky she was to have had 73 years. So lucky

• Heart
Here is an article on why Prince Philip lived in Sandringham - apparently to get away from Royal Life:
www.womanandhome.com

The heartbreaking reason the Queen and Prince Philip don't live together
Thanks to the Duke of Edinburgh's retirement, the couple are unable to live together
www.womanandhome.com
www.womanandhome.com

I could imagine that Penny was just a friend. She had a tough life (lost her daughter at 5 years old, her husband briefly moved in with his girl friend) and she was the daughter of a friend, so they might have just gotten along really well.

I just don't want anything to come out whilst the Queen is still around. She reads the papers every morning or did. Its cruel in my opinion, whether its true or not or she had made her peace with it. I'm sure she's not on tattle though, so we can discuss the rumours? 🙈
But really would you want to be royal, you're not allowed skeletons in any closets and what family doesn't have them?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Men and women can be just friends. What would it serve now for all of this to be brought up after he has passed other than hurt the Queen more. They loved each other - maybe he did have an affair years ago who knows - a lot of royalty had mistresses (not saying that it's right at all but it happened). I seriously couldn't see the desire there between them to pursue a romantic relationship, of course it could have happened but would the Queen have seriously allowed her to be invited if she truly believed that? Who knows...

Reactions: 10
I just don't want anything to come out whilst the Queen is still around. She reads the papers every morning or did. Its cruel in my opinion, whether its true or not or she had made her peace with it. I'm sure she's not on tattle though, so we can discuss the rumours? 🙈
But really would you want to be royal, you're not allowed skeletons in any closets and what family doesn't have them?
I'm sure if there's anything in it, she is fully aware and accepting of it. I don't personally believe it on account of the age difference but who knows.

Reactions: 6
I heard on the BBC earlier something about Meghan would be laying a wreath in California. Any truth in this? I’ll get lynched in the H&M thread 🤭

• Haha
  • Sick
I can totally see how it is true @Notredamn but time will tell. @under the ivy glimmer of truth in this too, she has to put on a face and personally I would see it as a mark of respect, though following the American queens interview it'll be a tongue in cheek gesture at best. What a mess! But we all saw it coming!

Reactions: 2
I heard on the BBC earlier something about Meghan would be laying a wreath in California. Any truth in this? I’ll get lynched in the H&M thread 🤭
I heard that she had handwritten a note to go with one of the wreaths at his actual funeral. Can’t remember if it was bbc or sky tho as I jumped between them at one point.
07C2FD45-A13D-4AC2-9B8B-CD2E4CA1F55A.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I was never a fan of Camilla but watching her putting her hand into Charles' hand in the Chapel made me realise how much she really cares for him. It was so touching as he looked like he was in tears. A lovely poignant moment. As usual our servicemen and women did a magnificent job.
I think Charles and Camilla have quite a romantic story , it's like the plot of a film .

Reactions: 4
I think Charles and Camilla have quite a romantic story , it's like the plot of a film .
Yes and no. If rumours are to be believed they live separate lives now, perhaps a case of the grass is always greener or forbidden fruit? She was there for him today though, but was that duty? These people are not the same as us, I mean they keep telling us that but we don't really understand.

Reactions: 7
The moment when the piper played the bagpipes and slowly, ever so surely walked out into the distance.
Class. Dignity, respect and such a poignant moment.

I had a tear in my eye.

Rest in Peace Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I cried as soon as the 1st song was played. I maybe felt it more as I had a covid funeral for my own Dad in September and I was on my own with just a handful of family and friends (16) but I thought all the music was beautiful.

I loved the fact he made all the choices of everything himself.
I did have a little gasp at how small and heartbroken the Queen looked.
I was amazed at the ladies and their amazingly high heels walking up the hill
I thought it was nice to see William, Kate and Harry talking afterwards. I like Kate, maybe she was the peacemaker?

• Heart