Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nannycaff54

I was never a fan of Camilla but watching her putting her hand into Charles' hand in the Chapel made me realise how much she really cares for him. It was so touching as he looked like he was in tears. A lovely poignant moment. As usual our servicemen and women did a magnificent job.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

JeanGrey

I don't believe the Penny story at all. She found comfort in them after her daughter's death and they considered her family.

The funeral was so touching. And so beautiful, if you can say that for a funeral. Everything was perfect and just the way he deserved it.

I was glad to see Harry, Kate and William together. I think it's rather obvious who's stirring the pot.

Charles surprised me, he seemed really broken. So sad to see.

TQ broke my heart. She was incredibly blessed, many of us don't get to live to 81, much less know your partner for that long and spend 73 beautiful years with him. But that makes this loss incredibly hard, she must be hurting immensely from within.

I am particularly moved by the handwritten note she left as his Lilibet on his casket and the fact that after she dies, his coffin will be taken to her place of final rest and they will rest there in peace together, as per her wishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

under the ivy

VIP Member
I can’t imagine being with someone for 73 years let alone losing them after all that time. Poor Queen.

Hope they’re all having a drink for Phillip!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Good Egg

VIP Member
The moment when the piper played the bagpipes and slowly, ever so surely walked out into the distance.
Class. Dignity, respect and such a poignant moment.

I had a tear in my eye.

Rest in Peace Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Although a sad and sombre occasion I thought the funeral was perfectly done. The pain on the face of Charles and Anne was plain to see, the walk behind the coffin must have felt like it was miles long. The Queen had to deal with the loss of her husband in front of millions, but deal with it she did. You must have a heart I’d stone if you were not moved by the footage of her sat alone during the service. Catherine looked absolutely stunning and regal, the picture of her behind the mask is hauntingly beautiful. Harry looked uncomfortable and out of place, IMO he will not be missed when he returns to his family in America.

• Heart

Ding

VIP Member
20210417_230547.jpg

Thought I would show the picture my brother got when HRH stopped to talk to me 😊♥
Feel so lucky to have met him, even it was only briefly x (I put the story of meeting him on the last thread)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
When the Queen did her first engagement post lockdown I was so shocked at how much weight she’d lost and how tiny she’s become. Today that was emphasized with her hunched appearance. She looked so fragile. There’s a picture of her sitting in H&M wedding just 3 years ago in the same seat and omg the difference is astounding, bless her

• Sad
Reactions: 19

rachelgirl

Over the past few days I have been looking at photos of The Queen and Prince Philip in their younger days when they had only gotten engaged. As I saw her sitting alone in the chapel all I could see was a young Elizabeth longing for her husband. It broke my heart.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

Libbylulu

VIP Member
That was far more moving than I ever expected. When the family was following the hearse, the military band with the bell tolling and the gun salute.... I was a mess.

• Heart

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I found the coverage of the funeral today really moving. I wasn't expecting to cry but hearing Nimrod, Jerusalem and Zadok sent me over the edge! 😭

The choir was fantastic and I really enjoyed the readings the DoE selected. I think all involved in coordinating today should be very proud of themselves.

Seeing HMTQ sitting alone really upset me, but hopefully she went home and spent the rest of the day with her loved ones surrounding her, and with a large gin and Dubonnet in her hand!

• Heart

rachelgirl

Although I’m Irish, I have a lot of English family and love the royal family. I sobbed the whole way through. I can’t imagine how the Queen feels after 73 years of marriage although she has known him 81 years❤I was so happy to see William and Harry walking and talking together on the way out of the chapel. R.I.P Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16

BigMavis

VIP Member
Shes almost 95 and still tottering about smiling at engagements with her all her faculties, I hope I live to see that age myself. Shes been truly blessed with good health but there is no doubt about it, she is badly failed, could be just the stress of this very emotional day. I don't think she has any notion of dying, her son could be away before her. Charles is not a well looking man.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
So many people who I know that are around my age (20s) didn't watch the funeral or care much about his passing or anything royal for that matter. So it's nice to come here to speak to like minded people who still love the Royal family. Or at least, HMQ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Bgr101

VIP Member
Someone said it on the other thread but no one does pomp and ceremony like the british and i love it . even on sad days like today it is just so impressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

BigMavis

VIP Member
The pageantry is over, thank goodness, beautiful, special and fitting as it was, its very very hard on loved ones. Thank goodness it was quick and cameras focused a lot on the lovely choir allowing the family some privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Notredamn

VIP Member
When I heard it was to be a small private service I stupidly thought that meant without cameras. I couldn't believe it was televised! I felt like such an intruder to see the queen sat there all alone and the family say their last goodbye. It was a beautiful, fitting ceremony.
The queen seemed so tiny on the way out :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13