Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also really bad advice giving calpol before vaccinations as could cover up a temperature that’s why you give it after

Reactions: 4
I hate to be “that mammy” but you’re not meant to give calpol under 3 months.
My boy was born 2 weeks after Ollie, I’m already dreading his jabs 😩

I hate to be “that mammy” but you’re not meant to give calpol under 3 months.
My boy was born 2 weeks after Ollie, I’m already dreading his jabs 😩
Calpol infant is 2+ months and recommended after their first vaccines. It's infant neurofen that's after 3 months only.

Reactions: 6
I hadn’t heard of the infant suspension before- will be buying that before little man’s jabs next week!

Reactions: 1
Also really bad advice giving calpol before vaccinations as could cover up a temperature that’s why you give it after
It's been a while since I had babies vaccinations but I was told not to give it before but to give a small bit afterwards

Reactions: 2
I was always told not to by my GP because it can bring down a temperature and a vaccine cannot be given to a baby that has a temperature. I just had a look and HSE says the same. It should not be given before a vaccination.

Health nurse told me to give before and a few hours later
There are very few PHN's that I would listen to. Seen them give the wrong information so many times. I know of one case where the phn put a babies heel in HOT water for the PKU test. Baby spent a week in hospital with burns. Horrendous

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I think the advice is bring the Calpol with you and administer it directly after giving the vaccine, it’s relatively new change I only did it with my third baby the other 2 I was told to give it only IF they got a temp afterwards 🤷‍♀️

I think the advice is bring the Calpol with you and administer it directly after giving the vaccine, it’s relatively new change I only did it with my third baby the other 2 I was told to give it only IF they got a temp afterwards 🤷‍♀️
We were told the same with first, then with new baby, we were told to bring it with us, give it to her directly after vaccination, 6 hours after that and another 6 hours after that.

Was definitely told, with both, to not give it beforehand because it could bring down a temperature and they need to know if baby has one.

I hadn’t heard of the infant suspension before- will be buying that before little man’s jabs next week!
Just a suggestion but I personally gave the Calpol with the sugar. If it was up to me as a first time mum, I would have bought sugar free but my sister picked it up for me and said she always gave the sugar one for vaccination and it did seem to instantly distract him from the injection. I’ve been getting sugar free aside from that though 🤷‍♀️ Also, your baby will be fine and won’t remember the vaccination but us mamas hate them.

I’m new to this but I’m only after having a baby she’s six months and my gp recommended calpol a half hour before all her vaccinations, not the health nurse it’s a new recommendation. So while I think Kim is a drama queen she’s right on this it’s what she’d have been told to do

I’m new to this but I’m only after having a baby she’s six months and my gp recommended calpol a half hour before all her vaccinations, not the health nurse it’s a new recommendation. So while I think Kim is a drama queen she’s right on this it’s what she’d have been told to do
Yep. Parents are able to take baby's temperatures themselves at home.
3 kids and temperature never taken by the nurse beforehand.

The 2&4 months the temperature can rise very quickly and go quiet high. So recommendation now seems to be, ideally beforehand and of not directly after.

This wasn't the case on the first two. But the 3rd who's 6 months now it was most definitely the recommendation.

I was old the same with my 5 year old and one year old. Check the temp myself 30 mins before vaccine and give Calpol then. Worked a treat. I've never had a nurse check temp before giving a vaccine.

Up to date info here, seems to be a lot of variation in people's experiences at the GPs. I don't enjoy watching my kids getting vaccinated, but I know how important it is and it's alway, always defo been a million times worse for me than it was for the baby. Best tip I was ever given was to dress them in v loose trousers and have the boob/bottle ready to offer them straight away.

My 6 month old literally got his 6 month vaccinations today. Calpol before hand and after. He’s fine so far tg. I had to feed him in the car after down in super valu. Plenty People walked passed the car and saw me and didn’t ask if I needed help #raging 😂😂😂😂 in saying that I have older children in school between collection times, activities etc this baby has had no other choice but to tag along and I have often fed him in the car, he’s weaning now I even give him dinners in the car 😂 I never got asked if I needed help 😭😭😭😭😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm shocked the ivf clinic had to send her a random email 2 months after she gave birth to see if she even had the baby??

You would think they would be informed and updated every step of the way and especially notified of the birth...seems super odd

I'm shocked the ivf clinic had to send her a random email 2 months after she gave birth to see if she even had the baby??

You would think they would be informed and updated every step of the way and especially notified of the birth...seems super odd
I’m actually surprised they emailed her. Once she’d be more than a few weeks pregnant she would surely be discharged from the clinic, as their work was done. I don’t think they’d have any interest in being updated along the way.

Reactions: 3
I’m actually surprised they emailed her. Once she’d be more than a few weeks pregnant she would surely be discharged from the clinic, as their work was done. I don’t think they’d have any interest in being updated along the way.
Success stories are good for advertising, my sister wasn’t with them but whoever it was she went with did the same

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.