Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but is it just me or is that way to much padding around his little face for sleeping 🙈🙈
These things were the new thing when I had my baby. I thought they looked v snug (different brand. It moulded around the baby more so. Did my research and it totally put me off. Lots saying their unsafe. I think you’re supposed to be supervising them too. I personally wouldn’t use at night. We found the co-sleeper brill. Lots of room to move as the grow.

Reactions: 2
That pod thing she’s using looks very deep and he’s very close to the side!! They are 1000% not meant for overnight sleeping that’s for sure, she’s an absolute gobshite 🙄

Reactions: 6
What the fuk is he in…a padded bin? Dangerous looking yolk

Reactions: 1
Those nests are not for sleeping in, I think she’s using it as she wants to use the old family wicker Moses basket but she would be better off buying a new Moses basket mattress. Didn’t she set up a next to me crib before he was born? Hopefully she moves him to that for safety.

Those nests are not for sleeping in, I think she’s using it as she wants to use the old family wicker Moses basket but she would be better off buying a new Moses basket mattress. Didn’t she set up a next to me crib before he was born? Hopefully she moves him to that for safety.
To be fair, they have stopped marketing them for sleeping, but everyone knows that's what they are being used for. She also will be aware that they are not considered safe for sleep. But like many other mothers it is ger decision to make

Glad we have someone who's been breastfeeding less than a month to giveus all tips on how to do it, how did we cope before

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Glad we have someone who's been breastfeeding less than a month to giveus all tips on how to do it, how did we cope before
Going on about how harvesting colostrum increased her supply. One does not affect the other, at least fecking Google stuff before posting Kim .

Reactions: 4
I was thinking the same!! I’ve no problem with people sharing overall how they are getting on but giving specific advice is not helpful 🙄 especially someone who is struggling would find it hard, I had to unfollow a lot of the BF huns as I was finding it so difficult and them even talking about it upset me!

I was thinking the same!! I’ve no problem with people sharing overall how they are getting on but giving specific advice is not helpful 🙄 especially someone who is struggling would find it hard, I had to unfollow a lot of the BF huns as I was finding it so difficult and them even talking about it upset me!
I’m irrationally annoyed at her oh the Hakka is so handy .. yeah it drains foremilk the watery stuff … that drove my baby bananas with what I can only imagine was lactose overload with the amount of wind issues we suffered. I don’t wish badness on anyone but it’s very triggering when your own journey has worked out alot different. 2/2 unsettled babies here, my milk did not agree with them even dairy/soya free etc but the physical aspect of it was fine so it just annoys me looking at her all blasé when she was doing mental stuff like harvesting enough colostrum for a calf and pumping before her milk was in without any good reason (from what she’s shared) 🙄

Reactions: 3
Honestly feel so proud to be from cork we have so many new mother experts on breastfeeding.

Sandys areola’s we’re hardly out of the theatre gown and she was pumping enough for the whole FF party

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m irrationally annoyed at her oh the Hakka is so handy .. yeah it drains foremilk the watery stuff … that drove my baby bananas with what I can only imagine was lactose overload with the amount of wind issues we suffered. I don’t wish badness on anyone but it’s very triggering when your own journey has worked out alot different. 2/2 unsettled babies here, my milk did not agree with them even dairy/soya free etc but the physical aspect of it was fine so it just annoys me looking at her all blasé when she was doing mental stuff like harvesting enough colostrum for a calf and pumping before her milk was in without any good reason (from what she’s shared) 🙄
Same. Very triggering here too. Had little supply both times. Barely got colostrum into them in the hospital (thanks to the pump) and had to supplement both babies.

She is definitely the last person to be taking advice some when she was so bloody reckless with the colostrum harvesting.

Reactions: 1
I just don’t understand how she slept a full night last night without waking to pump with a baby this young. I’d be in agony. Won’t do much for her supply too.

Reactions: 7
successfully breastfeeding my third baby & this one’s advice is mainly totally inaccurate! Sleeping all night without pumping means her baby is not getting those vital overnight calories & to be honest he doesn’t look anywhere near the weight he should be. She’ll be getting a rude awakening when he gets weighed & she’ll be told to wake him every 3 hours to feed him (although mine were fed on demand & often more than this in the furst few weeks). Another one like SineadsCurvyStyle making it look easy before switching to formula because it didn’t work out 🙄 It’s my new pet peeve, new mothers preaching about “their experiences “ like it’s correct advice…hopefully vulnerable new moms get their info from qualified lactation consultants if they need advice!

• Heart
I just don’t understand how she slept a full night last night without waking to pump with a baby this young. I’d be in agony. Won’t do much for her supply too.
I was thinking the same if she’s going 8+ hours at night not feeding or pumping her supply will dwindle fairly fast!! I’m 7 months in and I wouldn’t go that long!! Although my fella won’t feed during the day for love nor money he’s far too busy so I’m back pumping during the day 🙄😂

Reactions: 3
I’m just going to say it….

I’m sick tit of hearing about breastfeeding, seeing breastfeeding, discussing breastfeeding, seeing boobs, nipples, pumps and milk. For the love of duck get over it. For Christ sake you are not a saint for breastfeeding and you are not a criminal if you don’t decide to breastfeed. I feel like all I see lately is bragging and shaming those who don’t breastfeed. Just feed the child.

And before anyone jumps at me-I’m all for seeing the reality of being a new parent and the struggles. Im all for it. And I breastfed. But just give over shiting on about it

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m just going to say it….

I’m sick tit of hearing about breastfeeding, seeing breastfeeding, discussing breastfeeding, seeing boobs, nipples, pumps and milk. For the love of duck get over it. For Christ sake you are not a saint for breastfeeding and you are not a criminal if you don’t decide to breastfeed. I feel like all I see lately is bragging and shaming those who don’t breastfeed. Just feed the child.

And before anyone jumps at me-I’m all for seeing the reality of being a new parent and the struggles. Im all for it. And I breastfed. But just give over shiting on about it
It's fecking exhausting to see it constantly and really affected my mental health after I couldn't with my first. A fed baby is all that matters at the end of the day. Formula is not the devil 😂

I breastfeed but this, yawn.
Also she’s going to make mamas to be feel tit and scared for not getting any colostrum. I got none and had a great supply. I hope these women aren’t taken her word as gospel. There are so many great bf pages on insta to follow, professionals who know their stuff!
This will just be her content now. Before she weans at 4 months like Lisa and Karen.
Is she going to open her page again so Ollie can be a brand rep?

Reactions: 7
I breastfeed but this, yawn.
Also she’s going to make mamas to be feel tit and scared for not getting any colostrum. I got none and had a great supply. I hope these women aren’t taken her word as gospel. There are so many great bf pages on insta to follow, professionals who know their stuff!
This will just be her content now. Before she weans at 4 months like Lisa and Karen.
Is she going to open her page again so Ollie can be a brand rep?
I managed to get some colostrum while pregnant and then had no supply once my milk came in. It really has no correlation. The lactation consultant we saw told us that and she's an actual professional. It's really irked me that she said harvesting colostrum helped her supply. It really didn't Kim.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.