Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clip of the dog was too funny . It’s a bit like my cat at the min, you can actually see him huffing and wandering off for somewhere else to sleep when my little one cries 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh, the safe sleep police are out in force
The nature of tattle is that sometimes there’s different opinions contrary what the “influencers” say and do. And it’s discussed on the thread. Some ppl will agree. Some disagree.I’ve often seen criticism for the smallest of things on these pages and I also seen ppl defend the influencers… it’s what a discussion forum is all about.

I personally don’t always love it when ppl judge parenting. However sometimes it comes from a good place. I haven’t commented myself regarding sleep practices for Kim’s baby. I didn’t see this specific photo. However any photo I have seen, he’s dressed for winter with a heavy blanket doubled up on him. If she was my sister or best friend, I would have a kind word and it would be coming from a place of concern, not judgement/criticism.

I had advice pre baby and in the hospital from midwives re. what layers to put on for what weather. What blankets to use and what to avoid.Unfortunately overheating a baby can be dangerous. And the weather has been v warm in recent weeks. I genuinely believe any comments on this subject is concern for little Ollie. Not criticism of Kim.

In most parenting choices I think each to the own but sometimes it goes beyond personal choice.

Reactions: 12
The nature of tattle is that sometimes there’s different opinions contrary what the “influencers” say and do. And it’s discussed on the thread. Some ppl will agree. Some disagree.I’ve often seen criticism for the smallest of things on these pages and I also seen ppl defend the influencers… it’s what a discussion forum is all about.

I personally don’t always love it when ppl judge parenting. However sometimes it comes from a good place. I haven’t commented myself regarding sleep practices for Kim’s baby. I didn’t see this specific photo. However any photo I have seen, he’s dressed for winter with a heavy blanket doubled up on him. If she was my sister or best friend, I would have a kind word and it would be coming from a place of concern, not judgement/criticism.

I had advice pre baby and in the hospital from midwives re. what layers to put on for what weather. What blankets to use and what to avoid.Unfortunately overheating a baby can be dangerous. And the weather has been v warm in recent weeks. I genuinely believe any comments on this subject is concern for little Ollie. Not criticism of Kim.

In most parenting choices I think each to the own but sometimes it goes beyond personal choice.
I wish that was the case, that it was concern rather than criticism, but at the end of the day we all know it isn't. It's to pull up every little thing. The child is a week old, he is not moving enough to pull these things on him.
Also, I don't kno where everyone else is living but since the heat wave it has been cold! Maybe not cold enough for what she is putting on him, but you would think people want him in a vest all day or something. He's a newborn baby, he is meant to be kept warm.

🙄 touched a nerve have we 🤣 Everything you’re not meant to do was done in that clip.
How many kids have u had? And you have obeyed each and every "safe sleep" rule?

I wish that was the case, that it was concern rather than criticism, but at the end of the day we all know it isn't. It's to pull up every little thing. The child is a week old, he is not moving enough to pull these things on him.
Also, I don't kno where everyone else is living but since the heat wave it has been cold! Maybe not cold enough for what she is putting on him, but you would think people want him in a vest all day or something. He's a newborn baby, he is meant to be kept warm.

How many kids have u had? And you have obeyed each and every "safe sleep" rule?
There's a fine line between keeping them warm and keeping them too warm. Keeping them two warm is dangerous.

2 kids in here and yes, I did follow all of the sleep safe guidelines with both kids because, quite frankly, I was terrified not to.

Reactions: 8
There's a fine line between keeping them warm and keeping them too warm. Keeping them two warm is dangerous.

2 kids in here and yes, I did follow all of the sleep safe guidelines with both kids because, quite frankly, I was terrified not to.
well according to this thread, the biggest safe sleep rule (no co sleeping) is even discussed and encouraged by midwives now so... things change. I'd love to see the outfits that people think are too warm, the same people are probably going around with footmuffs still on their buggies in may

Reactions: 1
well according to this thread, the biggest safe sleep rule (no co sleeping) is even discussed and encouraged by midwives now so... things change. I'd love to see the outfits that people think are too warm, the same people are probably going around with footmuffs still on their buggies in may
Safe sleep guidelines change. They changed for us between baby 1 and baby 2. But the basics of on their back, alone, with nothing else in crib except cellular blanket has been pretty consistent.

The outfits people are calling too warm are the big wool Cardigan and hat, the long onesies on very hot night's etc. We were in a heatwave and she had her baby dressed in too many layers.

Reactions: 6
I know people won’t agree but I can’t deal with the hat and gloves on the child in the middle of summer IN the house!!

I'm the same I had a child in the middle of summer and was worried her overheating
My first baby was born in June and when I found out I was pregnant and had first scan etc it would have been the previous winter when all that was In the shops was winter wear like that onesie and hat. So Im assuming they bought it a then after the first scans etc

Reactions: 1
I'm the same I had a child in the middle of summer and was worried her overheating
Same. My current newborn was born a few days before Ollie. Previously baby was born in Oct, so we've spent the last 3 weeks trying to make sure she doesn't get too hot. I'm fairly certain they tell you in antenatal classes not to have hats on newborns indoors after 24 hours, though it's been a few years since we did ours.

Reactions: 4
I’ve a 10 day old and have been focussed on keeping him cool since we got him home. He’s a tonne of knitwear that he hasn’t been near yet, and only wore hats either in the hospital when he arrived or the few times we’ve been outside.

Reactions: 3
I had a baby on Christmas eve, it snowed Stephens Day. Baby only wore a hat after birth and when outside. Never inside.

Just no need for them. And every bloody newborn outfit we got had a matching hat 🤣

Reactions: 5
Who do you think he looks like?
I see Robbie but it's like he has her bone structure(if that makes sense lol)

Who do you think he looks like?
I see Robbie but it's like he has her bone structure(if that makes sense lol)
I think he’s so like Robbie 😄

I just watched her stories. I really respect her being honest about her first weeks as a mum. It’s bloody hard work. No matter how much we adore our babies. Nice to see someone acknowledge that.

Last edited:

I just watched her stories. I really respect her being honest about her first weeks as a mum. It’s bloody hard work. No matter how much we adore our babies. Nice to see someone acknowledge that.
Agreed. Not that she falls into the ‘influencer’ category but a lot of them make out the newborn stage is all sunshine and rainbows when realistically its not. Although you’re consumed by love, its bleeping hard and emotionally & physically draining. Props to her showing that side 👏🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Agreed. Not that she falls into the ‘influencer’ category but a lot of them make out the newborn stage is all sunshine and rainbows when realistically its not. Although you’re consumed by love, its bleeping hard and emotionally & physically draining. Props to her showing that side 👏🏽
Sandra in the city will be portraying it as easy.... Nice to see it real

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.