Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to give this fool a week and she will have an infection. Child not a week old, she had major surgery and she out visiting. Why can she not stay at home and people come to her?

Reactions: 9
I'm going to give this fool a week and she will have an infection. Child not a week old, she had major surgery and she out visiting. Why can she not stay at home and people come to her?
Because it's logical to do that and she is not...

I find it so unsupportive of their. Families to it drive and visit them. Like she just had surgery. How or why can they not show some compassion and visit her?
It's madness and very sad. That's your family in pain (even if she's not saying it) but she is, I've had three babies, last two being sections and they do not compare. The pain or just the inability to love for fear or opening a wound. She said yesterday she was visiting family too. Bizarre family behaviour. Incredibly unsupportive towards her.

Reactions: 6
She's actually a headwreck.....You're so loved already.....so is every other child, he's not the first child in the world to be loved by his family 🙄

She's actually a headwreck.....You're so loved already.....so is every other child, he's not the first child in the world to be loved by his family 🙄
Not loved enough though that they'll drop over to see him apparently, making her haul herself over with a brand new baby after having a csection

Reactions: 3
So many people at one time, maybe I’m overreacting but I was way too scared about Covid/RSV/ Coldsore virus ~ any sickness to have my baby around anyone bar my partner, mother and sister for the first few weeks..(other family live away and didn’t visit for a good few weeks which was great no pressure on me)

Reactions: 12
Not loved enough though that they'll drop over to see him apparently, making her haul herself over with a brand new baby after having a csection
It was in the sister’s house so they had to travel anyway. They might as well have gone to her. Maybe she didn’t want to host.

I agree with the previous poster. I’d be terrified having some many holding him and passing him around. He could pick up bugs so easily, the obvious one being covid which is rampant currently. It’s mild for most people because they’ve had 2-3 vaccines. He’s completely vulnerable and unvaccinated. I don’t understand why he had to meet a huge group at once. I would have had a couple of visits a week and she’d have company for the next little while and lots to look forward to.

If she's not supposed to be driving post section, and he can't drive, how did they get there? Unlikely she took public transport. She's too precious for that.

Reactions: 5
I shocked after seeing the pics of the crowd around him and I'm sorry covid among other things is going round as children and groups of adults pawing at him and not one with a mask on

I’m in having my baby at the min (early labour obvs!) and we’ve already discussed who will be allowed to meet him in his first few days. Absolute minimum and not all at once.
Even without COVID that would have been the plan.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m in having my baby at the min (early labour obvs!) and we’ve already discussed who will be allowed to meet him in his first few days. Absolute minimum and not all at once.
Our baby is 8 days old and we had the exact same policy. We also asked people to make a time with us, come to the house and take antigen tests before coming over

Reactions: 3
Wouldn’t dream of bringing my newborn baby out of the house to be a pass the parcel for a bunch of adults and especially during Covid. Your job is to put your baby first Kim and your own wants and needs fall into line, it was not the best for that baby to be passed around like snuff at a wake, you just wanted the attention

Reactions: 7
Awww good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Wouldn’t dream of bringing my newborn baby out of the house to be a pass the parcel for a bunch of adults and especially during Covid. Your job is to put your baby first Kim and your own wants and needs fall into line, it was not the best for that baby to be passed around like snuff at a wake, you just wanted the attention
I am shocked at her didn't think she would do that ..now don't get me wrong I presume they all tested but I still would have made them wear a mask because you can be still positive with covid and not showing up on an antigen I didn't until after my pcr so that's why I would be weary and even so I would have made a couple at a time come visit in my own house .

Oh best of luck x

Best of luck!

Reactions: 2
We’ll be eagerly awaiting your update 💙💕
Best of luck

Reactions: 4
My beautiful baby boy joined the world just before midnight last night and I’m every bit as besotted as Kim is with her little fella.

But can already tell I’m going to be 10 times more OTT protective….I didn’t even like the nurse taking him away for his vitamin K injection 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My beautiful baby boy joined the world just before midnight last night and I’m every bit as besotted as Kim is with her little fella.

But can already tell I’m going to be 10 times more OTT protective….I didn’t even like the nurse taking him away for his vitamin K injection 😆
Aw congrats from a mama up feeding my 9 week old. Embrace those snuggles 💙🥰

Reactions: 1

Aw, huge congratulations. Enjoy all the newborn cuddles. If you need any parenting tips, you have Kim and Lisa (solo “mom”) on hand to share their useful tips!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.