Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My beautiful baby boy joined the world just before midnight last night and I’m every bit as besotted as Kim is with her little fella.

But can already tell I’m going to be 10 times more OTT protective….I didn’t even like the nurse taking him away for his vitamin K injection 😆
Congratulations 🥳 enjoy those newborn squishies 😍

My beautiful baby boy joined the world just before midnight last night and I’m every bit as besotted as Kim is with her little fella.

But can already tell I’m going to be 10 times more OTT protective….I didn’t even like the nurse taking him away for his vitamin K injection 😆
Congratulations! Enjoy every second 🥰

Great news congratulations 💙

I’m in having my baby at the min (early labour obvs!) and we’ve already discussed who will be allowed to meet him in his first few days. Absolute minimum and not all at once.
Even without COVID that would have been the plan.
Congrats Lollipops ❤ Wishing you health happiness and above all else.. a pr package of babyboo bibs and bonjela x

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Congrats Lollipops ❤ Wishing you health happiness and above all else.. a pr package of babyboo bibs and bonjela x
....and teetha! Congrats Lollipops.Get lots of pics and videos of you with him - I love looking back at the ones I have, such a magic time of snuggles and getting to know each other

Reactions: 1

Congratulations!! Such a lovely time, hope you are doing well x

Not getting dressed for the day and having a McDonald's? Doesn't seem like her life has changed all that much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I forgot kims thread so just did a big catch up there

Firstly, congratulations Lollipopson your little man!❤

Right, about the breech situation, every possibility that baby turned breech last minute. Also every possibility he had been breech a little while, can't remember when her previous scan was. I know she had an internal exam but baby could have been mistakenly thought to be head down.

She said he was footling breech, feet coming first. So she is not suitable for an ECV. Can only be offered if baby's legs are not the presenting part. I'd say she was delighted to be automatically sectioned, so happy days.

As for the co sleeping and midwife recommendation. We do facilitate co sleeping (in my hospital and those I've previously worked in) so breastfeeding moms can feed away and snooze a bit or at least lie down. Seen moms in special care falling asleep sitting up feeding in a chair, absolutely exhausted and once saw a Nicu nurse run to catch baby before they slid to floor.

We also don't all have kids that like to sleep, some won't close an eye without being in, on or beside their moms. I've had 2 of those and 1 who slept more independently. I did what I could to get any sleep at all in the safest way that could be achieved. 😴

Doubt a midwife advised her to hook herself up to a pump at 4 days post partum when she states breastfeeding was going great. That one makes no sense to me!

• Heart
I forgot kims thread so just did a big catch up there

Firstly, congratulations Lollipopson your little man!❤

Right, about the breech situation, every possibility that baby turned breech last minute. Also every possibility he had been breech a little while, can't remember when her previous scan was. I know she had an internal exam but baby could have been mistakenly thought to be head down.

She said he was footling breech, feet coming first. So she is not suitable for an ECV. Can only be offered if baby's legs are not the presenting part. I'd say she was delighted to be automatically sectioned, so happy days.

As for the co sleeping and midwife recommendation. We do facilitate co sleeping (in my hospital and those I've previously worked in) so breastfeeding moms can feed away and snooze a bit or at least lie down. Seen moms in special care falling asleep sitting up feeding in a chair, absolutely exhausted and once saw a Nicu nurse run to catch baby before they slid to floor.

We also don't all have kids that like to sleep, some won't close an eye without being in, on or beside their moms. I've had 2 of those and 1 who slept more independently. I did what I could to get any sleep at all in the safest way that could be achieved. 😴

Doubt a midwife advised her to hook herself up to a pump at 4 days post partum when she states breastfeeding was going great. That one makes no sense to me!
That did seem very strange. I had a terrible supply and baby was supplemented, before encouraging pumping they tried literally everything else.

Reactions: 2
I wonder who is driving them around to all the visits…hardly Robbie after his 1 lesson? 🤔

Reactions: 4
Absolutely no need for something so warm on him with the heat we are having. It doesn't even match it's three completely different shades of blue 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lads I can't with the dressing the baby in a full outfit and him not two weeks old.. and the shoes i just can't.. all of my babies were in babygrows until at least 4 months.. that's all they need.. poor wee man can't be comfy in that get up... And I'll say it again.. the shoes 🙈😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lads I can't with the dressing the baby in a full outfit and him not two weeks old.. and the shoes i just can't.. all of my babies were in babygrows until at least 4 months.. that's all they need.. poor wee man can't be comfy in that get up... And I'll say it again.. the shoes 🙈😭😭😭
What is the point of baby shoes? 😂 Why do babies need shoes? I get the excitement of getting to dress them...but shoes?

Reactions: 5
What is the point of baby shoes? 😂 Why do babies need shoes? I get the excitement of getting to dress them...but shoes?
I’ll admit, I bought shoes for my first baby. The looked ridiculous on her 🤣 I’ve since learned babygrows are life until they’re in 3-6/6-9 month clothes. Trying to dress a newborn is a pain in the butt!! 🙈

I’ll admit, I bought shoes for my first baby. The looked ridiculous on her 🤣 I’ve since learned babygrows are life until they’re in 3-6/6-9 month clothes. Trying to dress a newborn is a pain in the butt!! 🙈
Babygrows are definitely life. The most adventurous I get with outfits is leggings and vests 😂

Reactions: 2
He's like Krusty the Clown with the shoes, they'd nearly fit my teenager 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.