Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought that too, especially given the temps in Cork.. another instahun that’ll use the child as dress up with no thought for what he actually needs
My toddler and baby both went to bed in just a bodysuit, I get that it's very hard to not put more on them it goes against what you'd normally do but it's 30 degrees out!!!

Reactions: 1
At least she’s being somewhat honest, the others like Karen from FightingTheInnerDemon and Sinead O’Brien can’t bare admitting it’s hard, they have to be the perfect mams with the perfect babies

Reactions: 4
At least she’s being somewhat honest, the others like Karen from FightingTheInnerDemon and Sinead O’Brien can’t bare admitting it’s hard, they have to be the perfect mams with the perfect babies
100% and breastfeeding in the first few weeks and especially on your first child is very very hard and draining, physically and mentally. Your nips are on fire and there are days you’re stuck to the couch and can’t even get up for a shower. After around 6 weeks then it’s a breeze. But no one finds it easy at first, and they should be spreading that message as there’s new mothers watching them, already second guessing everything she does that will feel even worse when she thinks no one besides her is struggling.

Reactions: 7
Thought that too, especially given the temps in Cork.. another instahun that’ll use the child as dress up with no thought for what he actually needs
Yeah my own baby is 2 days older than hers and she was in a vest with no blanket last night and at that, I was worried she was too hot 😂

Yeah my own baby is 2 days older than hers and she was in a vest with no blanket last night and at that, I was worried she was too hot 😂
Iv a 5 month old. She’s been living in vests around the house the past few days. Like even then there’s times I can see she’s too hot, sweat on the back of her head and she’s down to a nappy only.

Iv a 5 month old. She’s been living in vests around the house the past few days. Like even then there’s times I can see she’s too hot, sweat on the back of her head and she’s down to a nappy only.
Dehydration is such a risk when they're young, I'd rather she was running a smidge cold than be too hot. We were down to just the nappy all day yesterday for both kids 😂

I'm glad she's being real about how hard it is. Breastfeeding is definitely not a cake walk, especially in those very early days. Both is mine clusterfed a whole bunch and I'm barely functioning at the moment. I get wanting to portray an 'its all rosy in the garden' thing online, but it must be very disheartening for struggling new mothers.

She’s full of tit with “the midwife said X/Y” like what midwife would say oh you’ve a great supply start expressing into a bottle and give him a bottle. That’s totally against their code. If a mother is successfully breastfeeding they should be encouraging that.
Everything she’s claiming these midwives are saying could actually get them in trouble.
Think we can all agree, every midwife/hospital differs. I had different advice from numerous different midwives during my stay in hospital, to the point I actually could not wait to leave there! Each one's views were clearly skewed by their own personal opinions. Anyway, I was encouraged to pump and give my partner a bottle to feed the baby once a day. Then another midwife told me that I'd never stick with breastfeeding if I gave Formula in the hospital etc. I breastfed for 8 months

Reactions: 2
Hope I’m not being nitpicky cos I had a winter baby but is it not a bit warm for a babygrow and a blanket?!

Reactions: 2
Boobs, boobie, boobs, boobie juice…

🔊For the people in the back who don’t know: KIM IS BREASTFEEDING USING HER VERY OWN BOOBS🔊

Jesus Christ, first woman on the planet to breastfeed or what?! 🙄

Reactions: 9
Boobs, boobie, boobs, boobie juice…

🔊For the people in the back who don’t know: KIM IS BREASTFEEDING USING HER VERY OWN BOOBS🔊

Jesus Christ, first woman on the planet to breastfeed or what?! 🙄
So call them BREASTS. That’s what they are. Don’t think Iv used the term “boobies” since I was about 7 and learned they exist. It’s breast feeding not boobie feeding. Nobody is gagging at breast feeding. It’s the ridiculous childish demeaning word for a woman’s breasts she’s using thats making people gag 🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So call them BREASTS. That’s what they are. Don’t think Iv used the term “boobies” since I was about 7 and learned they exist. It’s breast feeding not boobie feeding. Nobody is gagging at breast feeding. It’s the ridiculous childish demeaning word for a woman’s breasts she’s using thats making people gag 🤮
Hear hear. You’re absolutely correct. It’s just the language. “I need to feed my child” vs “he needs boobie juice”. It just sounds so juvenile and turns my stomach.

Reactions: 10
Hear hear. You’re absolutely correct. It’s just the language. “I need to feed my child” vs “he needs boobie juice”. It just sounds so juvenile and turns my stomach.
She’s almost sexualising breastfeeding with her words, a stigma that already exists. We’ve already had the ‘he’s a boob man like his dad’ comment 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 15
She’s almost sexualising breastfeeding with her words, a stigma that already exists. We’ve already had the ‘he’s a boob man like his dad’ comment 🤢
That comment 🤮 it’s bizarre to talk about breastfeeding and breasts in a sexual way in the same sentence like that. Like it’s a totally separate thing.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.