Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I called a section weeks ago. I had one for a breech baby as well at 38+4, also reduced movement. Wasn’t offered an ECV by my consultant but a doc did later ask if I wanted one but I declined, I’d read up and just wasn’t for me. Section isn’t an easy out, hope all goes well for her tomorrow, we’ll be listening to her recovery for months to come 🤣

Reactions: 2
As someone who struggles big time with fertility issues and who is literally at the end with regards to trying... I honestly wouldn't take offence to it, maybe I'm being ignorant to it for the sake of my mental health but if I let a comment like that get to me then I'd never get up out of bed.
Yes but just because you are not offended doesnt mean it is not offensive

Reactions: 5
I called a section weeks ago. I had one for a breech baby as well at 38+4, also reduced movement. Wasn’t offered an ECV by my consultant but a doc did later ask if I wanted one but I declined, I’d read up and just wasn’t for me. Section isn’t an easy out, hope all goes well for her tomorrow, we’ll be listening to her recovery for months to come 🤣
I was reluctant to have an ECV aswel. Had it at 38 weeks, couldn’t believe it worked and he arrived one week later! Was lucky to avoid a section with a toddler already at home!

Reactions: 1
I actually feel bad for her. how is she going to cope with recovery and not being able to drive and she has no one only Mr One Driving Lesson to help?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I feel so sorry for her now, it's hard enough with a newborn but to be stuck in the house for 6 weeks or whatever cos neither of you can drive will be tough going..

Reactions: 4
I think mentally a section is better for her but like all this harvesting to get labour to come in faster etc just shows how dangerous it is to interfere when she didn’t realise the baby was breach.

Reactions: 13
I think mentally a section is better for her but like all this harvesting to get labour to come in faster etc just shows how dangerous it is to interfere when she didn’t realise the baby was breach.
Absolutely this, she could have seriously endangered her, the baby or both of their lives with that tit.

Everyone is fed up at the end but you just have to get over it, she thinks she’s uncomfortable now but wait until tomorrow after open surgery tomorrow, a new baby to look after (your first baby to boot) and all those lovely hormones. She’ll be wishing she was heavily pregnant in the McDonald’s drive through wondering when she’ll have her next nap

Reactions: 8
Absolutely this, she could have seriously endangered her, the baby or both of their lives with that tit.

Everyone is fed up at the end but you just have to get over it, she thinks she’s uncomfortable now but wait until tomorrow after open surgery tomorrow, a new baby to look after (your first baby to boot) and all those lovely hormones. She’ll be wishing she was heavily pregnant in the McDonald’s drive through wondering when she’ll have her next nap

It's only in hindsight you look back and think godddd it was so easy just being able to sleep and eat whenever you wanted 😂 being hugely pregnant seems annoying at the time but when the baby gets here it feels like you've been in a car crash and you also have a tiny baby to look after

If the baby had been head down all along then did her collecting colostrum cause him distress and to end up breech? Or can babies suddenly end up turning?

If the baby had been head down all along then did her collecting colostrum cause him distress and to end up breech? Or can babies suddenly end up turning?
They can turn at any stage. I was breech from 30 weeks and some doctors were saying oh book section at 36 week app and others were saying baby could be turned head down when you come in for a section.

Best of luck to her hope all goes well

As someone who struggles big time with fertility issues and who is literally at the end with regards to trying... I honestly wouldn't take offence to it, maybe I'm being ignorant to it for the sake of my mental health but if I let a comment like that get to me then I'd never get up out of bed.
I got out of bed just fine today like any other day but it is an insensitive comment to make but sure we will get on with it like any other day it's our life and nothing we can change about it

I was in for a check at 38 weeks and they thought he had gone breech and I had to go for an emergency scan even though he was head down from the start. They told me it can just happen but that it's a bit more unusual for it to happen so close to the end, and that you would normally feel it 🤷‍♀️

I know, I'm in the horrors listening to her stories, especially being told she can't walk down to the car, and she giggling away immaturely. I hope this gives her the kick up the ass she needs to cop herself on and realise this is a baby not a plaything or a fashion accessory

Reactions: 5
What were these 2 imbeciles doing even thinking of creating an even stupider version of themselves???? They’re not the full shilling - aged 32 and trying to get pregnant for the past 6 years. Not a pot to piss in - living on benefits. I read a very cruel but true post on Sarah Burke #38 last night. If you’re trying to get pregnant for years and there’s no medical reason why you can’t - it means you’re both incompatible. Your eggs are rejecting his sperm. You are not meant to be. Don’t get ivf - as it’s forcing something that shouldn’t happen. Never thought of it that way before. Apparently so many couples parted and went on to have children successfully with other partners afterwards
That’s an absolutely disgusting thing to say,

Reactions: 9
Just picturing herself and sandra Murphy in sharing the ward together two opposite ends of the spectrum!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know, I'm in the horrors listening to her stories, especially being told she can't walk down to the car, and she giggling away immaturely. I hope this gives her the kick up the ass she needs to cop herself on and realise this is a baby not a plaything or a fashion accessory
I’d laugh too…can’t go to the car incase she goes into labour? That’s ridiculous, not letting her home for the bags I’d understand. But she won’t deliver him from our patients to the car and back 🫣 she’ll get some shock when she’s too exhausted to move and have a tiny baby to contend with 😬

I feel so awful for her having the section I hope she has a fast recovery and they treat her well in the hospital , esp if Robbie has to go back to work early. I had to have one a few weeks ago and my baby is a preemie in SCBU , worst experience of my life and the care in the hospital was absolutely shocking. I have a high pain threshold but they left me in agony for hours crying for pain and I was also trying my hardest not to cry as it made the pain more severe. They didn’t change my pads when I wasn’t able to move. It was 18hrs before that was done they refused to remove the catheter despite me asking so I could get up and I ended up with a UTI. Give me a natural birth any day (and I’ve had 3 no epidural)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’d laugh too…can’t go to the car incase she goes into labour? That’s ridiculous, not letting her home for the bags I’d understand. But she won’t deliver him from our patients to the car and back 🫣 she’ll get some shock when she’s too exhausted to move and have a tiny baby to contend with 😬
Well I would think they are erring on the side of caution and confining her to bed-rest so as not to kick start labour before tomorrow.....better to be safe than sorry where pregnancy is concerned

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.