Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soul destroying isn't it.. my other 2 had it to a degree, nothing like the 1st. Poor little baba, she suffered 💔 one of my others has cows milk protein allergy which made the reflux much worse, oh and a tongue tie that certainly didn't help either! I really wish you all the love, it can feel so endless. 😔

People very dismissive and don't get that reflux can vary so much in severity... they think gaviscon will solve everything just cause it was enough for their baby. My 2nd one still at age 4 gets bouts of reflux!

Like there is no way in hell my 1st could be put down, people don't understand that at all! She wouldn't have just cried herself to sleep either... so cruel, she needed us for every minute to hold her 😢

My 3rd I brought her to a kinesiologist and she told me a few things in my diet (I was breastfeeding) were aggravating her reflux. So as well as meds, I cut those things out and it actually really helped. It was paaaainnnful having no dairy, no caffeine etc but she was a much more settled baby. Tbh I know people don't want to hear about alternative therapies but I would have tried anything to avoid going back to reflux hell...

Haha feeling evil today so yes, I wish her a tough labour, a very sore vagina and a heavy dose of newborn reality!! 🤣 everyone of these insta gowls glamorises pregnancy, birth and post partum. By christ it ain't glamorous when you're waddling around in your granny knickers and jumbo maternity pads, hoping you haven't leaked through your pjs, too sore to sit, too broken to stand. 2 boulders for boobs and a beautiful little screamer that needs you entirely. So grateful yet so shell shocked and exhausted. There really is nothing like it.
I needed the care emoji to send back there. Yep all of that, holding day and night for months. She had the cows milk protein issue alright and me scoffing white toast and kerrygolf EBF coz with the crying it’s all I had time to grab not knowing the dairy I was eating was making her so unsettled. Hell. I’m traumatised and everyone told me baby no 2 would be fine … also in a patronising tone. Nope he isn’t. Seemed a bit different to her symptoms wise but it’s still crying and holding and such a restricted diet that doesn’t seem to be working so yes deep breaths. While I don’t wish anything bad on Kim or anyone all these influencers 100% piss me off, how well they all have settled babies …. witches! I’m so jealous!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I needed the care emoji to send back there. Yep all of that, holding day and night for months. She had the cows milk protein issue alright and me scoffing white toast and kerrygolf EBF coz with the crying it’s all I had time to grab not knowing the dairy I was eating was making her so unsettled. Hell. I’m traumatised and everyone told me baby no 2 would be fine … also in a patronising tone. Nope he isn’t. Seemed a bit different to her symptoms wise but it’s still crying and holding and such a restricted diet that doesn’t seem to be working so yes deep breaths. While I don’t wish anything bad on Kim or anyone all these influencers 100% piss me off, how well they all have settled babies …. witches! I’m so jealous!
I doubt their babies are settled, they just don't show the rough parts

Reactions: 2
God she's insufferable.. I'm sorry to be cruel, but she really is one of those people that you hope gets a land with labour and life with a newborn. She is so clueless and helpless. I had my 1st at 23. Had a difficult recovery after labour, few complications and a very unsettled baby. We had no family help where we lived, just me and partner. Baby was pure colic/reflux and it was the hardest time of my life. Child didn't sleep til nearly 2. I'm not saying I wish all that on Kim but if she has the perfect experience and then a dream baby I'll be raging 😂😂 also is she for real with the crippling pain of braxton hicks??

I hope she makes it to induction date and sees some of the hardship involved. A nice long drawn out induction and a slow labour for Kim! I can imagine her begging for epidural long before she's in active labour. Probably before they even start the bloody induction 😂😂

Labour is hard work and it's inevitable that you'll have to endure pain even if you take every pain relief option going. She looks like she won't cope with any of it.

Also a sweep at 38+1 on 1st baby? Her cervix was probably so high up it would be easier access it from her mouth... sweeps only wrk if you're very close to labour anyway. She's going to drive herself demented with all these sweeps and trying to get herself into labour. 3 babies later I have found that nothing wrks so just roll with it. Everyone is uncomfortable and sore and fed up, but it's normal, so shut the duck up and get on with it!!!
She needs to be moving around more to I actually like her and am excited for them but she is getting on my nerves lately with all that laying around and that's been going on from day one . I'm not saying go out and run a marathon but come on , one day she loaded the dishwasher and put on a wash and she had to go to bed like seriously that can't be normal . The last few weeks feels like an eternity even when busy but Jesus it must be dragging for her because she does absolutely nothing . She is in for an awful shock when the baby arrives

Reactions: 7
Yup that was me with the kerrygold too!! Or cheese and crackers about 3 times a day just to really put the boot in!! Oh the guilt...

Honestly it enrages me that they all get *perfect* babies... obviously some of them are lying through their teeth which is sad. It just really hurts when you're in such a bad place and can't help your baby and you see these apes with a full face of make up, size 6 figure, crop top on, living the dream......... I'm as green as the hulk as the house falls down around me here and even my maternity pants don't fit!🤣

Anyway back to Kim, she's ready to bounce that baby out. Something practical at least. At least she'll have to move some bit while bouncing on the ball. She's so inactive, she's at risk of a blood clot if she doesn't move more 🙈😂

She needs to be moving around more to I actually like her and am excited for them but she is getting on my nerves lately with all that laying around and that's been going on from day one . I'm not saying go out and run a marathon but come on , one day she loaded the dishwasher and put on a wash and she had to go to bed like seriously that can't be normal . The last few weeks feels like an eternity even when busy but Jesus it must be dragging for her because she does absolutely nothing . She is in for an awful shock when the baby arrives

Agree, Jesus you'd be trying to keep yourself busy and make plans just to pass the days in the final stretch. I was a wek overdue with my first 2 babies and presumed I'd be the same with the last one. She arrived bang on her due date and surprised us all. I was obviously delighted but also a little sickened as I had to cancel all my nice plans for where I thought I'd still be pregnant 😂😂 convinced she arrived on time cause I didn't bother trying to evict her after nothing wrked on the other 2. Decided to just enjoy my last few days instead and it was lovely!

Reactions: 1
How do the likes of Jennifer wrynn etc make having a baby look as easy as making a cup of tea??! I feel for Kim if her family are not around her, she comes across as being quite lonely but also a complete simpleton, she hasn’t a clue what she’s in for when this baby comes.

Reactions: 1
How do the likes of Jennifer wrynn etc make having a baby look as easy as making a cup of tea??! I feel for Kim if her family are not around her, she comes across as being quite lonely but also a complete simpleton, she hasn’t a clue what she’s in for when this baby comes.
By someone else or many others doing the hard graft of the actual mothering. We all know it’s just impossible time wise to do everything for young kids and me done up like she is! Jen mainly inserts for Insta pics and the odd oh look I’m holding the babies in bed with no makeup … so relatable!🙄

Yup that was me with the kerrygold too!! Or cheese and crackers about 3 times a day just to really put the boot in!! Oh the guilt...

Honestly it enrages me that they all get *perfect* babies... obviously some of them are lying through their teeth which is sad. It just really hurts when you're in such a bad place and can't help your baby and you see these apes with a full face of make up, size 6 figure, crop top on, living the dream......... I'm as green as the hulk as the house falls down around me here and even my maternity pants don't fit!🤣

Anyway back to Kim, she's ready to bounce that baby out. Something practical at least. At least she'll have to move some bit while bouncing on the ball. She's so inactive, she's at risk of a blood clot if she doesn't move more 🙈😂

Agree, Jesus you'd be trying to keep yourself busy and make plans just to pass the days in the final stretch. I was a wek overdue with my first 2 babies and presumed I'd be the same with the last one. She arrived bang on her due date and surprised us all. I was obviously delighted but also a little sickened as I had to cancel all my nice plans for where I thought I'd still be pregnant 😂😂 convinced she arrived on time cause I didn't bother trying to evict her after nothing wrked on the other 2. Decided to just enjoy my last few days instead and it was lovely!
No one has a “perfect baby”.. they all cry. They all wake at night and most if not all go through “witching hour”. I don’t know about you but I never sent friends or family photos of my baby crying. The influencers are the same. They share photos of their babies when they are settled. But of course their babies are the same as ours. Don’t believe everything you see on Instagram 💕

Reactions: 3
That Jennifer wrynne absolutely irritates me

No one has a “perfect baby”.. they all cry. They all wake at night and most if not all go through “witching hour”. I don’t know about you but I never sent friends or family photos of my baby crying. The influencers are the same. They share photos of their babies when they are settled. But of course their babies are the same as ours. Don’t believe everything you see on Instagram 💕
That witching hour well it was bang on 3 hours with my youngest would drive me silly she bebfine all day, her older sister would go to bed for 7.30 and then from 8.00 to 11.00 every night the baby would cry 🙈

• Sad
How do the likes of Jennifer wrynn etc make having a baby look as easy as making a cup of tea??!
I don't follow her but she keeps showing up on my feed and Christ on a bike, I'd love to know her secret. I've a 1yr old and I'm pregnant again and I look shook. Makeup is put on about once every quarter, hair is done twice a year. Showering everyday is about as much as I can say I do, dry shampoo is my best friend. Don't know how people like Jennifer Wrynn find the time.

Robbie is well late to the party with the driving lessons! She has less than week to go and he’s starting his EDT lessons now?! Sorry that actually fries my head, this was a meticulously PLANNED pregnancy and not a brain cell in either of their heads to get him on the road 🤯 there’s no hope for this poor baba with these two as parents anyway 🫣

Reactions: 8
Robbie is well late to the party with the driving lessons! She has less than week to go and he’s starting his EDT lessons now?! Sorry that actually fries my head, this was a meticulously PLANNED pregnancy and not a brain cell in either of their heads to get him on the road 🤯 there’s no hope for this poor baba with these two as parents anyway 🫣

It's going to be like that episode of peep show where he hasn't learnt to drive on time and she has to driver herself while in labour 😂

Reactions: 5
Driving your fella to his first ever driving lesson at 38 weeks pregnant is an ick I didn’t even know I had

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A week before the baby is due he decides to go for driving lessons 🙃🤔

Driving your fella to his first ever driving lesson at 38 weeks pregnant is an ick I didn’t even know I had
Yes 👏 like if you can’t rely on him to even get his shot together to do lessons

I just can’t believe people exist outside city dwellers that can’t drive esp a man … mental. Serious ick!

Reactions: 4
Poor ol Robbie sounds a bit hapless. Couldn’t be dealing with a grown man who can’t get his tit together to drive especially when his partner is about to have a baby.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I wouldn’t criticise Kim on this one. You can guarantee she’s been asking him to learn to drive since she got her positive pregnancy test if not before. He had plenty of time for poker nights with the lads 🫣🙄🤯

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.