Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Corkgal1997

Chatty Member
Nah no medal needed for doing the best for my baby
The best for ur baby? Having a mcdonalds once in a while during pregnancy would not harm the baby. It's this militant attitude that is so damaging to women. Honestly, if you felt the need to be that anal about food and health during your pregnancy, you need to look internally and consider ur own anxieties. Because your relationship with food/health is just as unhealthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Gizmos and Gadgets

Chatty Member
Tell me if I’m being weird, but am I the only one who thinks it’s so strange that their parents never met before the child’s christening 🤯

Sorry herself and Robbie are together a decade and their families never met?! I can’t be alone in thinking that’s weird AF?!
Snap 🤣 myself and my partner are together nearly 9 years and our parents are great friends, and they live a good 2 hours away from each other 🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 14

DollyDaydreaming

Why would anyone ring the Gardai when they are locked out of the car?! Go home for the spare key, ring a locksmith, ring a dealership of that type of car? The Garda would never cross my mind in that situation

Reactions: 13

Lovelula

VIP Member
And asked for a plain cake to then complain its plain😂
Whoever did her make up wasnt great..there could be better blending on the eyes

Gooseyloo

I have to say I've changed my tune about her. I like her honesty. I think she's struggling a bit with the identity shift that comes with being a new mum. Pre Ollie her life revolved around the journey to pregnancy, documenting it all on social media, and now he's here I think she's missing that aspect of life, and doesn't know what to say anymore. I really feel for her. And I actually like her now.

timbertrot

Chatty Member
I think mentally a section is better for her but like all this harvesting to get labour to come in faster etc just shows how dangerous it is to interfere when she didn’t realise the baby was breach.

Barbara Gordon

Trouble in paradise for Kim and Robbie? She’s out for the first time since having the baby, without him which I find bizarre. Holiday soon, without him. he’s barely been mentioned let alone shown on her insta since babys been born and this week she shared the photo of the 3 of them right after he was born and said it’s the only photo of the 3 of them together… or is he just flat out working!?
Do you really find it odd that she’s out without him? If I had a small baby I’d definitely feel more comfortable leaving it at home with its dad than with anyone else? Sure they’ve been at home together a lot, they’re probs sick of each other

Batmani

Begrudgery and negativity has no place here
:ROFLMAO: On Tattle of all places!!

I am happy for her. Can see breastfeeding not working out in the next few days but she might prove us all wrong. Haven’t a clue what she’s going to do with all that colostrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

PandoraSkye

VIP Member
So many people at one time, maybe I’m overreacting but I was way too scared about Covid/RSV/ Coldsore virus ~ any sickness to have my baby around anyone bar my partner, mother and sister for the first few weeks..(other family live away and didn’t visit for a good few weeks which was great no pressure on me)

Jembelle

VIP Member
Not a chance did any nurse tell her keep the baby in bed beside her. She is absolutely nuts this one. To have a baby in the bed is one of the most dangerous things to do. Also no nurse would tell her hold a baby as much as she can. They need routine ! Oh lord I fear for this baby already!

Louber

Chatty Member
They'd all wither you.. bon afide lactation consultants the lot of them. I've breastfed 3 kids, hopefully soon to be 4, I'm a midwife and I honestly wouldn't have the gigantic nuts to give this kind of breastfeeding "advise" that the huns do.

Kim just needs to stfu cause she sounds thick as shit. Colostrum harvesting antenatally tells you fuck all about supply.

Not feeding him overnight might have no negative impact on supply either once he's feeding well by day. Surprised he's only taking 1 side per feed but once he's gaining weight, wetting and dirtying and alert he should be ok.

With only getting 2oz per breast, it's probably better than expressing huge amounts and creating an over supply but again like Karen, she has a complicated way of going about it.

One of my reasons why I liked bf was the easiness of it, no equipment required. I can't forget my boobs when leaving the house. Don't get me wrong, it was huge work too, plenty of tears and frustrations and complications. but the new thing seems to be an obsession with expressing. Every gadget under the sun.. everyones breastfeeding journey is different, many choose to or need to exclusively express. To me it feels like the huns just want to over complicate it and have more of a structure or story or plan or whateverthefuck....

I never tracked or timed feeds I just fed them when hungry or if I was too full. Like many bf moms, I expressed just when I needed to leave milk if I was separated from baby. I couldn't be arsed otherwise.

Who fucking needs to tune in to these cunts waffling on endlessly about the magical newly discovered means of keeping babies fed. They are painful!

fortycoats

Chatty Member
Oh, the safe sleep police are out in force
The nature of tattle is that sometimes there’s different opinions contrary what the “influencers” say and do. And it’s discussed on the thread. Some ppl will agree. Some disagree.I’ve often seen criticism for the smallest of things on these pages and I also seen ppl defend the influencers… it’s what a discussion forum is all about.

I personally don’t always love it when ppl judge parenting. However sometimes it comes from a good place. I haven’t commented myself regarding sleep practices for Kim’s baby. I didn’t see this specific photo. However any photo I have seen, he’s dressed for winter with a heavy blanket doubled up on him. If she was my sister or best friend, I would have a kind word and it would be coming from a place of concern, not judgement/criticism.

I had advice pre baby and in the hospital from midwives re. what layers to put on for what weather. What blankets to use and what to avoid.Unfortunately overheating a baby can be dangerous. And the weather has been v warm in recent weeks. I genuinely believe any comments on this subject is concern for little Ollie. Not criticism of Kim.

In most parenting choices I think each to the own but sometimes it goes beyond personal choice.

gurlharbour

Chatty Member
She just put up a post saying she's been in bed for 24 hours and that it's helped. I was very tempted to reply with how is that different from any other day 😅

• Haha

cantinfluenceme

Lads I can't with the dressing the baby in a full outfit and him not two weeks old.. and the shoes i just can't.. all of my babies were in babygrows until at least 4 months.. that's all they need.. poor wee man can't be comfy in that get up... And I'll say it again.. the shoes 🙈😭😭😭

• Haha

FloggingMolly

So where she is renting is classified as a disadvantaged area.

“Revitalising Areas through Planning, Investment and Development (RAPID) works with communities across Cork City focusing on areas designated as disadvantaged.” And one of the 4 areas listed is where she is now living.
What's that got to do with anything ? She annoys me to be honest , but she seems to have a nice roof over her head and more importantly for the baby . So I don't see the point in highlighting she's in a disadvantaged area. I grew up in one. We aren't all born with silver spoons rammed in our gob .

• Wow

Oll36

Best of luck anyway to Kim and Robbie and baby today ❤

It was a long nine months for us all Kim 🤣🤣❤

• Haha

timbertrot

Chatty Member
She’s so lucky to have Rob be able to visit and bring food etc is covid lockdown mams had it tough and it’s only when I see stories like this it makes me realise how alone we were

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

whytho12345

Chatty Member
She’s almost sexualising breastfeeding with her words, a stigma that already exists. We’ve already had the ‘he’s a boob man like his dad’ comment 🤢
That comment 🤮 it’s bizarre to talk about breastfeeding and breasts in a sexual way in the same sentence like that. Like it’s a totally separate thing.

Oll36

She has enough contributions but you can't go from unemployment onto maternity. You have to be employed to move then onto maternity. If she's on jobseekers benefit she stays on it until she runs out of months and has to be means tested for jobseekers allowance
Doesn't her dad own a business, for all we know she could be doing the sneak and be on his books so she'll get Mat benefit, just an assumption. But wouldn't put it passed her.