Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My baby was measuring about the same at that many weeks and was 8'8 in the end. Big but I've known people with way bigger!

Reactions: 1
7 pounds odd isn’t exactly out of the ordinary 🙄 and the scans are never accurate!! What a dose 😂
Yeah...the dramatics and weird faces seemed a bit unnecessary for a relatively unremarkable estimated weight. It's higher than the average, but not terrible.

Reactions: 4
I really feel she’s gonna struggle when the baby comes as the attention completely switches to the baby … it’s a tough time for mum and even with the most attentive partner over time they are tired themselves so stop running with drinks and pillows to the breast feeding mama esp. The novelty wears off and mum can be left isolated. They forget that feeding is all on mum and exhausting esp with the frequency in those early weeks. Add in hormones and not being able to have any time for yourself. I do feel she likes the attention the hospital visits gets her a bit too much.

Reactions: 7
I'd be up the walls to get out of hospital by now- she seems perfectly happy and comfy! Is Robbie even around to visit? They really seem to spend eff all time together.

Reactions: 5
I'd be up the walls to get out of hospital by now- she seems perfectly happy and comfy! Is Robbie even around to visit? They really seem to spend eff all time together.
She posted yesterday a woman and her husband were there so she couldn’t talk, but where was her baby’s daddy? I know he can’t drive but I’m sure someone could bring him over, even a taxi? It’s going to be tough on her own if he’s not around much to help 😣

Does she have nobody in her life to maybe collect her from the hospital or make her a sambo for lunch? Is she not close with her mother?
It seems like such a sad, lonely existence. I can't imagine having to drive myself home from hospital after being admitted, maybe I'm a princess lol!

Reactions: 9
Does she have nobody in her life to maybe collect her from the hospital or make her a sambo for lunch? Is she not close with her mother?
It seems like such a sad, lonely existence. I can't imagine having to drive myself home from hospital after being admitted, maybe I'm a princess lol!
Same, it's very strange that she doesn't seem to have someone to bring her home and mind her a bit. Even a friend or something if not her mother. Also, she's definitely trolling us with her choice of lunch 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I sometimes think Kim wants the baby for company (not agreeing with that), she doesn’t seem to be that close to her family and Robbie is never around. I used to think well fair play he’s working hard now to get money for the baby but he seems to have no problem having money for drinks with the lads while she’s alone on the sofa at night.

Reactions: 6
I wonder why she was dehydrated 🤔🤔 😂
An unknowable mystery for sure 😂

You're really supposed to stop collecting colostrum completely if you get painful contractions. She needed to stop doing it after the last time 🤦‍♀️ At least she's 37 weeks now so that's something....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
An unknowable mystery for sure 😂

You're really supposed to stop collecting colostrum completely if you get painful contractions. She needed to stop doing it after the last time 🤦‍♀️ At least she's 37 weeks now so that's something....
Is it good to be collecting it if you’re dehydrated

The sooner she has this baby the better cause I can’t deal with the whining. Convincing herself she is in labour but yet hasn’t rang the labour ward to make sure ? If it’s a false alarm surely you’d rather be told that instead of presuming it’s nothing, very immature of her especially at 37 weeks

Reactions: 9
I’d say the colostrum harvesting at this point is to try trigger contractions and hopefully labour, she’s fed up and in her head the baby being heavy means it’s ready. It’ll be a long next few weeks..

I’d say the colostrum harvesting at this point is to try trigger contractions and hopefully labour, she’s fed up and in her head the baby being heavy means it’s ready. It’ll be a long next few weeks..
All she’ll do is go into pre labour that can last weeks. I can’t see why she’s harvesting so much, like popping him on the boob would be more beneficial

I never harvested for either of my kids but I assume that's too much? Like once they are here you just nurse them surely?

Reactions: 3
Reading her stories from last night there. I hope she hasn't caused uterine hyperstimulation. My own doc warned me about that when I decided to harvest colostrum. That's why you're supposed to stop if it's causing pains.

You definitely don't need to harvest as much as she has. It's either to show off how much she can get or she was trying to put herself into labour. I wonder if she was using a pump or something.

I never harvested for either of my kids but I assume that's too much? Like once they are here you just nurse them surely?
Unless your expecting a nicu stay, it’s pointless to have a stash that big🙈 that was my thinking.

Reading her stories from last night there. I hope she hasn't caused uterine hyperstimulation. My own doc warned me about that when I decided to harvest colostrum. That's why you're supposed to stop if it's causing pains.

You definitely don't need to harvest as much as she has. It's either to show off how much she can get or she was trying to put herself into labour. I wonder if she was using a pump or something.
Same as that, I was warned to stop if I felt any contractions and not to try again. She’s definitely trying to kickstart something 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.