Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #2 & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Handing you the info as you get a vaccination is way way too late. This is not like other meds where you can stop if you get the side effects. People may have a family history that if they had known this risk they would not have that particular vaccine.
You are given the info sheet BEFORE the vaccination takes place, if you read it and decide not to go ahead you say thanks but no thanks and get up and walk out. At least where I went for mine it was the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You are given the info sheet BEFORE the vaccination takes place, if you read it and decide not to go ahead you say thanks but no thanks and get up and walk out. At least where I went for mine it was the case.

You think that's enough time to read and digest everything? Most people say they were in and out within moments.. so either you are given time to read digest and make your mind up, or you are not.

Many people were given nothing.

Reactions: 8
You think that's enough time to read and digest everything? Most people say they were in and out within moments.. so either you are given time to read digest and make your mind up, or you are not.

Aren’t we ignoring people doing their own research before they go to their appointment?

I know I did….

Reactions: 5
Aren’t we ignoring people doing their own research before they go to their appointment?

I know I did….
The point to the first post and subsequent posts is that they "sneakily" added more info to the side effects list.

Reactions: 2
The point to the first post and subsequent posts is that they "sneakily" added more info to the side effects list.
Personally I was really happy with how transparent mine was, I was given loads of info and was spoken too specifically about AZ and the risks (I had my first the week after under 40s were advised to not have it). Wasn’t anything I hadn’t read myself but they didn’t just shove something in my arm and send me on my way 😂

No doubt like any medicine more information will come out as released into the community, that’s true of anything.

Personally I was really happy with how transparent mine was, I was given loads of info and was spoken too specifically about AZ and the risks (I had my first the week after under 40s were advised to not have it). Wasn’t anything I hadn’t read myself but they didn’t just shove something in my arm and send me on my way 😂

No doubt like any medicine more information will come out as released into the community, that’s true of anything.
Lucky you. Those who had it earlier and did die were not so lucky as they had no idea there was a risk. When I said my friend had died on another forum back in early March I was jumped on and banned I was also jumped on here a few weeks later. told I should not say such things without proof. Anyone was allowed to say a loved one had died from covid without any proof tho. Once the media started reporting it, I seemed to be allowed to mention my freind. How bleeping awful is that. Even now every time someone gets sick after the vaccine, I notice they say "could have been coincidence" no one says that about covid. ingrained narrative

You only have to read the older vaccine threads to see the huge difference in experiences for Tattle members. Many were not given any info at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I haven't had the vaccine, but everyone I know who has says things like "yay I got my jab, I was in and out in 2 minutes" and I think to myself, it takes me longer than 2 minutes to buy a postage stamp at the post office counter, how much information is actually being exchanged in such a short space of time? It doesn't sound like - though maybe it is different now the novelty has worn off and demand has dropped - the vaccine centres have ever had the resources to spend 10 minutes per patient answering questions and discussing the pros and cons. And yes, people can research before hand. But aren't we always told to step away from Dr Google and talk to the professionals?

Reactions: 14

Yes, I've heard too similar too particularly young people attending for the AZ vaccine (this was a different vaccine centre than mine, we only had pfizer) but they had doctors there to discuss the side effects, the rarity of them, symptoms to look out for just in case and they were happy to talk to anyone and everyone who had concerns - this was from a friend of mine who opted to have AZ despite being under 40 and able to opt out too.

Reactions: 1
[
Apologies if this has already been posted, but yet another avoidable tragedy. When on earth is this going to stop? How many more young lives are going to be lost? I'm sorry for swearing, but I am absolutely bloody fuming right now. https://freewestmedia.com/2021/06/2...ictim-you-have-never-seen-anything-like-this/
Awful. That poor girl and her family.

I was told I’d have to have AZ. I refused point blank. My husband had Pfizer and has felt fine. My daughter wants the vaccine when it’s available to her but I admit it terrifies me the thought of giving it to her.

Reactions: 5
I haven't had the vaccine, but everyone I know who has says things like "yay I got my jab, I was in and out in 2 minutes" and I think to myself, it takes me longer than 2 minutes to buy a postage stamp at the post office counter, how much information is actually being exchanged in such a short space of time? It doesn't sound like - though maybe it is different now the novelty has worn off and demand has dropped - the vaccine centres have ever had the resources to spend 10 minutes per patient answering questions and discussing the pros and cons. And yes, people can research before hand. But aren't we always told to step away from Dr Google and talk to the professionals?
I find the same when people use their experience to show the jab is fine. “I had mine and I just had a sore arm!”. Good for you, none of us expected you to drop dead on spot that has NEVER been the point we are making. We are talking about the long term, to which not a single one of you can attest to because that takes years if not decades of research and anecdotal evidence that does not yet exist. What part of you are all in an unpaid clinical trial with complete freedom from consequences do you not understand?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be very honest and people may get angry. Im not even sure asymptomatic is a real issue. When things were normal we used to have to be actually ill to pass something on. My friends whole house is isolating now because the daughter has tested positive and shes not even ill. none of them are. There is an issue with the tests i will just say a lot of people believe they are faulty. And no 42 is definitely not old ! You cant be bullied into getting an injection if you dont feel its right, it could cause you major anxiety, thats one of my reasons. Tell your friends you are waiting to see how it goes for a while to get them off your back !! Im sorry you are so anxious about catching covid, but when you explained your circumstances you sounded low risk like me. The government are so intent on making everybody get injected that people have just believed it. I think it depends on your lifestyle and your personal risk factors. xx Whenever you get scared come on here and i will talk to you. we are in the same boat after all. i dont mind how many questions you ask me ok? take care talk to you again. i cant private msg you it wont let me else i would x
Thank you for your reply. You’ve really helped ease my mind about my decision. You’re so kind, I really do appreciate it xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think people should be given the information ahead of booking their appointment, this means they can carefully consider it and sleep on it. Risks of the vaccines should be shared at the same time they advertise the benefits like when the health ministers make statements that everyone must come forward for their vaccines and how great they are they should also then state the data to date about how for some people they aren’t so great. More transparency across the board would be welcome. When they talk about covid they only seemingly mention the people who die, are in hospital, or tested positive. They never mention how many people actually go on to make a full recovery. We need a better balance when it comes to advertising these vaccines. It won’t happen though because the people who made these vaccines want you to take them. No one knows the full extent of long term effects because it’s not completed it’s trials, it passed the initial clinical trials but it’s not really qualitative data with enough evidence to vaccinate the entire population, it doesn’t take into account what other meds people are on, what their diets like, what other underlying health issues they may have. We only get that kind of data when it goes through the trials it’s currently in, and there have been many medications withdrawn after findings like these have become apparent, so should someone want to wait to see a more complete picture then they are very entitled to do so.

It’s easy to say “you can say no if you want to” but once you’re in the room with the staff you feel obliged to follow through and wouldn’t want to be seen as wasting anyone’s time etc and any concerns would be squashed because their job is to promote the vaccine and get their numbers up.

Many people wouldn’t voice their concerns at that last minute, if the info was given at booking they would be able to consider thoroughly and have an opportunity to cancel if they did change their mind. Like most healthcare in the U.K., when we listen to real people’s experiences it seems to have been a post code lottery as to what info they were given, if any. I know 2 people who went to the same venue (diff days) one was in and out in 2 mins told to sit in her car for 15 mins after the shot before going home. The other was given 10 mins to read the leaflet and had to wait inside the venue 15 mins after before being released.

In my own experience for previous vaccines in the past 4 years, I wasn’t given any leaflet I was just asked to roll my sleeve up and told i was a good girl!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Many people wouldn’t voice their concerns at that last minute, if the info was given at booking they would be able to consider thoroughly and have an opportunity to cancel if they did change their mind. Like most healthcare in the U.K., when we listen to real people’s experiences it seems to have been a post code lottery as to what info they were given, if any. I know 2 people who went to the same venue (diff days) one was in and out in 2 mins told to sit in her car for 15 mins after the shot before going home. The other was given 10 mins to read the leaflet and had to wait inside the venue 15 mins after before being released.

In my own experience for precious vaccines in the past 4 years, I wasn’t given any leaflet I was just asked to roll my sleeve up and told i was a good girl!
On the NI appointment booking system - I was given a page of info on AstraZeneca vaccine due to the blood clotting issues and my date of birth. You then had to check a box at the bottom of that page to state whether you would still be interested or not interested in receiving the AZ vaccine. Perhaps, given some potential side effects with Pfizer now too, that information should be stated on the booking portal as well?

I agree with your last comment and I've said it here - this is literally the most information I've been given about any vaccine. I had a booster of DTP and a hepatitis vaccine for travelling a couple of years ago and was given nothing information wise and told very little by the nurse before she injected them. Similar every time my GP or dentist prescribes something.

On the NI appointment booking system - I was given a page of info on AstraZeneca vaccine due to the blood clotting issues and my date of birth. You then had to check a box at the bottom of that page to state whether you would still be interested or not interested in receiving the AZ vaccine. Perhaps, given some potential side effects with Pfizer now too, that information should be stated on the booking portal as well?

I agree with your last comment and I've said it here - this is literally the most information I've been given about any vaccine. I had a booster of DTP and a hepatitis vaccine for travelling a couple of years ago and was given nothing information wise and told very little by the nurse before she injected them. Similar every time my GP or dentist prescribes something.
I think they should give all side effects so people can make a truly informed choice, only stating some side effects looks like withholding facts , even if it is small numbers effected they could highlight it in such a way for eg 1 in 18282782 people have went on to pick their nose after receiving the vaccine (using it as example rather than actual fact lol)

ive a friend in NI she’s in her early 30s and got her AZ the week the guidance around it changed and she wasn’t allowed to swap was told that’s what she had to go for! She took it and has been fine but she had really bad anxiety worrying after it because the advice had changed!

Personally the staff present at my appointment walked me through the sheet anyway and I’d still say that I was in and out of the appointment - despite having to wait the 15 minutes

I’d say most people have their mind made up and are mostly informed by the time they come to their appointment. If they really want to put their foot down and talk about the vaccine I’m sure they’ll be able to do so, if not they’re free to walk out

I've had both my vaccines and wasn't given any information by anyone, either when I booked it or when I went for it, but there were lots of clinical staff available to answer any questions whilst I waited and the person administering it did go through some stuff verbally.
What I will say though is that I've never been given information sheets in advance of injections etc, the contraceptive injection I had the jab first then was given a leaflet afterwards.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think they should give all side effects so people can make a truly informed choice, only stating some side effects looks like withholding facts , even if it is small numbers effected they could highlight it in such a way for eg 1 in 18282782 people have went on to pick their nose after receiving the vaccine (using it as example rather than actual fact lol)

ive a friend in NI she’s in her early 30s and got her AZ the week the guidance around it changed and she wasn’t allowed to swap was told that’s what she had to go for! She took it and has been fine but she had really bad anxiety worrying after it because the advice had changed!
I providing the info on booking the appointment is a good idea. it They should make the side effects informtion very simple and clear too otherwise, lets face it, people will not read it.

Thats annoying for your friend, good that she hasn't had side effects. I think they originally announced only under 30s here could opt out but then switched to say under 40s could opt out as well - but by that time had already started vaccinating the 30-40 age group.

Personally the staff present at my appointment walked me through the sheet anyway and I’d still say that I was in and out of the appointment - despite having to wait the 15 minutes

I’d say most people have their mind made up and are mostly informed by the time they come to their appointment. If they really want to put their foot down and talk about the vaccine I’m sure they’ll be able to do so, if not they’re free to walk out
We don't even need to wait 15 mins unless driving .In and out like a flash !

Expert opinion on vaccinating kids
B89F27B6-6C38-4B69-84BD-6EE058AB786E.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem to be protecting the oldies as well as the working age
687E1711-3473-4B0C-A95E-EBC4401B2C66.jpeg

I wonder where this leaves the AZ that didn’t perform as well as Pfizer
3DF20B46-4570-4007-9F74-F183C70E124B.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Exactly as it should be ,if kids want it they don’t need incentives nor the Teletubbies advertising it to those barely out of nappies
326CC34B-78BB-4CA4-B5F5-C0BC4983060A.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.