Refusing the Covid 19 Vaccine #2 & general vaccine conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the definition of health can be subjective at times though. Some people define being healthy as having no known underlying health conditions, others define health as being more than just having no complaints, but go as far to say they’re thriving physically and mentally.

eg, The WHO defines health as a state of “complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with a range of WHO partners, endorses this definition. So under this definition some people may not actually be “healthy” and maybe that’s why they go on to develop further symptoms and disease progression
Key example being the many scaremongering articles of “young, healthy people with no underlying conditions” who died from COVID during the pandemic. Most of whom were morbidly obese.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have to be honest, it royally pisses me off that we can’t have any space to discuss this without someone trying to guilt/shame or convert us. Despite the fact that it’s wrong in itself, it never works so is an utter waste of everyone’s time.
So much this.

I was thinking a lot about this the other day after a similar thread on another website and someone there who is much smarter than I was basically saying that we can't have that space to discuss without the guilt/shame trip from others because of their issues and needs and to step back and pause and remember it is them and how they have fared this past year and not us. Which is easier said than done I know. And incredibly frustrating. But I cannot imagine ever wanting to go into a thread about say - tennis, to which I have no interest and taking a dump all over it with my opinion and trying to guilt the tennis lovers into loving my sport football just because......

Reactions: 16
Key example being the many scaremongering articles of “young, healthy people with no underlying conditions” who died from COVID during the pandemic. Most of whom were morbidly obese.
Precisely!! If the govt spent half as much time focusing on the obesity which effects 1 in 4 adults, we would maybe be in a lot better health as a country. Obesity is a huge factor in many diseases but instead of getting to the root of this issue we somehow focus on suppression of symptoms. It’s like leaving the taps on in your bath and the water overflows and instead of turning the taps off, focusing firstly on cleaning up the water! Unsustainable and never solves the problem.

Precisely!! If the govt spent half as much time focusing on the obesity which effects 1 in 4 adults, we would maybe be in a lot better health as a country. Obesity is a huge factor in many diseases but instead of getting to the root of this issue we somehow focus on suppression of symptoms. It’s like leaving the taps on in your bath and the water overflows and instead of turning the taps off, focusing firstly on cleaning up the water! Unsustainable and never solves the problem.
Sick people bring in money, healthy people dont :(

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I haven't had it and I'm not hugely concerned no. I always have a cautious level of concern i.e. I'm not walking around thinking I am completely superhuman, however personally the vaccine concerns me more. I work in retail and have worked throughout the pandemic, I also work in a tourist location that gets insanely busy over summer. I absolutely cannot believe that I haven't already had COVID in this time and even if I haven't, I have relative faith that my immune system is strong enough to cope with it. Again, is that 100% confidence, no of course not because you rarely can be. But choices we make in life are about outweighing risks and as mentioned above, to me I personally believe the vaccine to pose me more risk. Not interested in arguing with people about this, my choice and I don't have to justify it to anyone (nor would I expect to in the anti-vax forum, but I know there will be lurkers). Just didn't want your question to go unanswered because people feel fearful to be able to speak their mind :(
Thank you for your reply.

I haven’t taken the vaccine. I’m early 40s and I’ve chosen not to because I had a very bad reaction to a vaccine in the past. I have a chronic illness but it’s not on the risk categories thankfully, but I cannot risk anything making else happening to me after the few years I’ve had getting to a stronger place. I also got told I couldn’t have Pfizer and I’d have to take the AZ which for me is a no with the condition I have. Maybe I’m not classed as young at my age, I don’t know,

My only concern is I have a child in higher education who obviously could bring it into the house as their age group aren’t vaccinated. Everyone else in the house chose to be vaccinated with Pfizer. So we’re still taking extra precautions with hygiene and cleaning for my sake. I live in an area with high delta strain cases so that also concerns me a little.

I don’t go out to busy places, most I do is walk my dog due to my health. My husband does any shopping etc I don’t mix with others to put anyone at risk either.

I am so glad you’ve stayed well. I know so many people who’ve not taken the vaccine and are also outgoing and stayed well. That’s a very good sign for you and your immunity. Thank you for replying to me.

This is something I've found truly bizarre. I have severe health anxiety so I can completely understand people being scared for their health. However, as you have said, unless you are clinically vulnerable (and even the very vast majority of these people survive), I cannot fathom why anyone in good health would have the vaccine. Sure, there's always a chance, but that chance is infinitesimally small, to the point where there are other diseases you are much more at risk of everyday, but most people aren't walking around paralysed in fear over those? Just shows you how effective MSM fear campaigns are.
Do you think the risk is small considering the amount of cases we’re seeing right now? I’d love to hear your views on that. It really worries me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Has anyone not taken the vaccine due to their own choice/valid reason (not that it’s anyone business why someone doesn’t take it) and feel safe and ok about not having it, despite the current wave?
Personally speaking, I'm more worried about getting seriously ill from the vaccine, rather than from Covid. Having said that, it depends on individual circumstances. I'm young(ish) and in decent health. If I was elderly/vulnerable then I would probably not hesitate to take the vaccine. I honestly believe that the threat from Covid, to the younger/healthy age groups, has been massively overstated by SAGE and the media. "Project Fear" has brainwashed a lot of people and independent, rational thinking seems in limited supply these days.

Reactions: 30
Personally speaking, I'm more worried about getting seriously ill from the vaccine, rather than from Covid. Having said that, it depends on individual circumstances. I'm young(ish) and in decent health. If I was elderly/vulnerable then I would probably not hesitate to take the vaccine. I honestly believe that the threat from Covid, to the younger/healthy age groups, has been massively overstated by SAGE and the media. "Project Fear" has brainwashed a lot of people and independent, rational thinking seems in limited supply these days.
Thank you for your reply. I agree with you.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for your reply.

I haven’t taken the vaccine. I’m early 40s and I’ve chosen not to because I had a very bad reaction to a vaccine in the past. I have a chronic illness but it’s not on the risk categories thankfully, but I cannot risk anything making else happening to me after the few years I’ve had getting to a stronger place. I also got told I couldn’t have Pfizer and I’d have to take the AZ which for me is a no with the condition I have. Maybe I’m not classed as young at my age, I don’t know,

My only concern is I have a child in higher education who obviously could bring it into the house as their age group aren’t vaccinated. Everyone else in the house chose to be vaccinated with Pfizer. So we’re still taking extra precautions with hygiene and cleaning for my sake. I live in an area with high delta strain cases so that also concerns me a little.

I don’t go out to busy places, most I do is walk my dog due to my health. My husband does any shopping etc I don’t mix with others to put anyone at risk either.

I am so glad you’ve stayed well. I know so many people who’ve not taken the vaccine and are also outgoing and stayed well. That’s a very good sign for you and your immunity. Thank you for replying to me.

Do you think the risk is small considering the amount of cases we’re seeing right now? I’d love to hear your views on that. It really worries me.
Im sorry to hear about your health but so glad you have a supportive family that respects your wishes, many seem to not :(

Personally I do until data (reliable, unbiased data that is) shows otherwise. Yes cases are going up, but they always will when there aren’t restrictions. Plus, while there are more cases, they aren’t thus far proving to be more fatal. It also further highlights to me that if cases are continuing to rise, then the vaccines aren’t really working as well as they claim r.e. transmission. I know they just blame the unvaccinated but we are actually a very small minority if their figures are anything to go by.

Reactions: 8
I’m pregnant, due late December and have currently refused the vaccine although I will probably get it after I have the baby.

however, I’m very uncomfortable with all the chat surrounding more freedoms for the vaccinated over the unvaccinated

Reactions: 19
Im sorry to hear about your health but so glad you have a supportive family that respects your wishes, many seem to not :(

Personally I do until data (reliable, unbiased data that is) shows otherwise. Yes cases are going up, but they always will when there aren’t restrictions. Plus, while there are more cases, they aren’t thus far proving to be more fatal. It also further highlights to me that if cases are continuing to rise, then the vaccines aren’t really working as well as they claim r.e. transmission. I know they just blame the unvaccinated but we are actually a very small minority if their figures are anything to go by.
That’s very true, I thought 45 million where vaccinated now.

chinese alan, you sound a lot like me . I also have a chronic health condition. A painful one. I couldnt cope with another flare up after winter. My husband also does the shopping and i dont mix with loads of people. I consider myself low risk and i am in your age group and was offered astrazeneca . I have refused, i dont want any of them now. You are not on your own . Dont worry x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
chinese alan, you sound a lot like me . I also have a chronic health condition. A painful one. I couldnt cope with another flare up after winter. My husband also does the shopping and i dont mix with loads of people. I consider myself low risk and i am in your age group and was offered astrazeneca . I have refused, i dont want any of them now. You are not on your own . Dont worry x
Thank you for your reply. Very reassuring and I can really relate to you.

My friends say when I worry about soaring cases, that I’ve no right to worry if I won’t have the vaccine. Basically get it or don’t talk about concerns. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Go to "Gofundme" and do a search for all the covid vaccine names.

So many "rare" reactions

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I haven't had the vaccine yet. I feel like I am low risk so would rather wait a bit longer before getting it. Everyone I know outside of work respects my decision. But even though I'm WFH at the moment I feel like my colleagues don't understand this and just think I'm an anti vaxer. They are the ones that bring having the jab up to me. What ever happened to choice and privacy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I am unvaccinated and will not be having it. I am not anti-vax, or a covid denier - I am pro informed choice.
I wouldn’t ask another persons vaccination status, as frankly, it’s absolutely none of my concern. If someone asks mine, I am happy to tell them I am unvaccinated through choice. If they try and question my choice, or reasonings then I simply tell them it’s not a discussion or invitation to debate and that I am 100% happy and secure in my decision. Just as I am 100% happy for anyone who is happily vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I am unvaccinated and will not be having it. I am not anti-vax, or a covid denier - I am pro informed choice.
I wouldn’t ask another persons vaccination status, as frankly, it’s absolutely none of my concern. If someone asks mine, I am happy to tell them I am unvaccinated through choice. If they try and question my choice, or reasonings then I simply tell them it’s not a discussion or invitation to debate and that I am 100% happy and secure in my decision. Just as I am 100% happy for anyone who is happily vaccinated.
Exactly this. Being anti *this* vax, is not the same as anti *all* vax, or indeed denying Covid exists. In the same way not enjoying one brownie, doesn't mean you dislike them all. Not sure why people can't get this through their heads.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Do you think at some point we won't be able to avoid not being vaccinated? My biggest concern is I have immediate family who live overseas and if there was a an emergency I wouldn't be able to go. This would be the only reason why I would get the vaccine.

I really want to understand if I don't have the vaccine am I really putting other people at risk?

Reactions: 12
I'm not having it as I had Covid earlier in the year, different for everyone but it was no more than a cold for me, have tested positive for antibodies. I did post this in the earlier thread but was jumped on by people about getting it a second time (please don't bother, heard it before). I'm currently self isolating as my three teenagers have all tested positive, I'm negative. I eat healthily, am a gym bore bunny and take multiple vitamins and pro biotics. I'll stick with what I'm doing.

• Heart
Thank you for your reply. Very reassuring and I can really relate to you.

My friends say when I worry about soaring cases, that I’ve no right to worry if I won’t have the vaccine. Basically get it or don’t talk about concerns. Xxx
Dont let anybody pressurise you , you know whats right for yourself x

Do you think at some point we won't be able to avoid not being vaccinated? My biggest concern is I have immediate family who live overseas and if there was a an emergency I wouldn't be able to go. This would be the only reason why I would get the vaccine.

I really want to understand if I don't have the vaccine am I really putting other people at risk?
No you are not putting them at risk. You would know if you were unwell and you would stay away from people. No matter what the media says. They are vaccinated arent they? or whats the point ? x Actual illness yes thats a worry. cases not so much. Probably everybody have a go at me now but thats ok i dont care and i wont be changing my mind. Take care you two you know whats right your soul will tell you x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.