Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nettleteareader

VIP Member
Is there actually a toilet in there? Dug out the reno blog post for the attic bathroom:

Towards the end she says they'll fit a toilet eventually but I wonder if they ever did? I have a feeling they didn't because they're too tight to get a plumber in.

The post is pretty enlightening as it seems that control freak Ben HAS to do everything himself even if it's a shoddy job (which it is); the tiling, the installation of underfloor heating, the cladding etc. Also it's so uncomfortable how clear it is in her writing that she absolutely worships him, saying things like 'Ben cleverly realised it was perfect for an ensuite' (I mean who the fuck looks at an attic you can't stand up in and thinks yep, this will make a brilliant bathroom?!?) and Ben this, Ben that. I bet most of the stuff in their house doesn't work properly but she will never complain and he will never admit he's done a botch job.
I'm sure she posted a photo with the loo before, I'll see if I can find it..

waffle maker

VIP Member
They still have state boarding schools but you do pay, just for the boarding part. Peter Simmonds College is a state sixth form boarding school, one of my daughter’s friends goes there.

Mitzymooface

VIP Member
I’m blocked so can’t see any pictures, what does the weather look like as it’s been pretty ropey in Italy/Croatia over the last couple of weeks. My SIL was on a cruise in the area which had terrible storms and had to be rerouted.