Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Linzloo

Body positive but I'll stand in an unnatural pose to fool myself and my followers into thinking that I'm slimmer 🤨
I'll also lap up the "you look great" comments knowing full well I don't look like that without trickery
Your profile pic 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don't really like talking about Alfie as it's not his fault but the "colours" thing really shows how little she cares. Obviously the mix of capital/lowercase is bad but also his letter formation is wrong in a lot of places so she's not offered any support there. Also all his words are spelt correctly so she's obviously just told him the letters one after the other teaching him next to nothing, rather than letting him have a go, would be better to show some phonetically plausible attempts (bloo, pinc etc) than something so obviously copied quickly so she has something for the gram. At his age I would be worried to see that level of writing.

I used to teach reception and year 1 and I hated it when children brought in homework that had obviously been spelt for them, just let them have a go!
Yes exactly this! My son started reception this year and right at the start of the year the teacher spoke to us about letting the kids try phonetically spell as opposed to just spelling for them as phonics are so important and this way they learn. I struggle to believe Alfie would be able to spell some of those words when in his head they wouldn’t phonetically sound like that - eg w at the end of yellow. I mean I know it’s possible that kids can spell this of course but watching previous stories and the work she’s been doing with him I doubt it, because they get no real encouragement just highlights all for the gram. The time line alone on her teaching with him followed by work outs or ridiculous tik toks hiding away in her bedroom means they get maybe 10 minutes on a morning and then outside to bounce on the death trap! I’d actually bet money that if he made a spelling mistake she’d get him to redo it too. So sad really,: but I do think based on today though that Steve seems to be taking a better approach and actually wants to help him progress! So hopefully one of them is on the ball

Millymoo32

I think what she needs is a family worker not social services.
social services wouldn't see her as a risk or the kids as neglected but some of her lack of parenting and skills could flag up for help from a support worker.
She needs help with cooking skills diet.maybe parenting classes would help at a children's centre.
Theres nothing wrong if she admitted she was struggling or had lack of knowledge.I was a young mum when I had my two oldest children I put my self on a parenting course to learn more healthy food ideas and to make friends.It did me the world of good and boost my confidence and benefited my children.I did a few courses around behaviour and food and kids off my own back I'd highly recommend to anyone feeling isolated or just to make friends.
Would love to do a few courses like this i dont no why but always thought if i out myself forward for one i wasnt a good enough mother i only have 2 kids my eldest 12 and youngest 5 hes not a great eater sometimes have to still feed him just 2 get somethimg into him

Dandylion1

VIP Member
Imagine being in your late 20s, married with 2 young kids and being at home one day and going to you kitchen and getting a wine glass and cheese grater and a fork... Going up to a room by yourself, while your two young kids are in the house somewhere, and sticking a wine glass onto your head with a hat and stroking the cheese grater with a fork. I mean, joking aside, imagine actually taking the time to do that .... 🤯🤯🤯
Hahahahaha

Lok

I’m pregnant & also newly single with two toddlers one with asthma and I’ve not been able to get a single delivery slot anywhere 😭
If second the Sainsbury’s delivery if you are registered for them you can apply for the vulnerable slots