Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cady1954

VIP Member
An
Hornsea isn’t that great in my opinion it’s a small seaside town one main shopping street and a small seafront with a leisure centre Doesn’t come close to Brid (which is a dump) or Filey and Scarborough It’s ok for a run out for fish and hips and an ice cream fro Mr Moos but that’s about all
And it's pottery 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

freakshake

VIP Member
Was coming here to say the same thing lolllll. Give it up Begs you haven't even got £80 for a pair of Adidas... (Which btw I'm thankful for cos I think I'd cry if she had the same Spezials as me lol)
If they were real she would be like linking the arse out of them
---
So normally after signing documents how long after that would you receive your keys?
we exchanged contracts and completed the week after
---
It’s a huge come down isn’t it?
How is she going to put any kind of “spin” on this move?
The moving day to the shack was a hilarious let down, and that actually had potential to become interesting. Sadly for them, and everyone else following, nothing could be further from the truth.

Coating it as “moving to the seaside” might impress a ten year old and his brother, but let’s face it, it’s been a downward spiral for a long time hasn’t it?

Only positive to come out of it, is her kids might get to make friends at a bigger school. Though I still have grave concerns for poor Alfeh, and his education.

Is their a Specsavers in Hornsea (asking for a friend)?
---
It’s a huge come down isn’t it?
How is she going to put any kind of “spin” on this move?
The moving day to the shack was a hilarious let down, and that actually had potential to become interesting. Sadly for them, and everyone else following, nothing could be further from the truth.

Coating it as “moving to the seaside” might impress a ten year old and his brother, but let’s face it, it’s been a downward spiral for a long time hasn’t it?

Only positive to come out of it, is her kids might get to make friends at a bigger school. Though I still have grave concerns for poor Alfeh, and his education.

Is their a Specsavers in Hornsea (asking for a friend)?
No Beverley or Hull

Last edited:
You sound like you’re new here? Just to catch you up, that shack has been SSTC for a couple of months now. They’re not renting and they’re packing because they’re moving. They’ve never had any money or any imagination to do anything with that house and it’s never been child friendly. It’s a complete mystery why they bothered buying it in the first place.
Ah just seen on Right Move it’s SSTC, not on the EA’s website though! When I said renting, I meant from a family member possibly? Even if that house was worth £500K when they moved in, i don’t understand how they could have gained a mortgage on it when her ‘earnings’ wouldn’t have been taken into account because lenders don’t accept ‘influencers’ who earn a few thousand a month on and off.

Maddogsmum

VIP Member
We made an offer and exchanged and completed(on the same day) in 4 weeks total- but that's really unusual and was mainly due to the fact we knew the sellers who had already bought elsewhere and moved out and we were desperate to move in!! So I chased the solicitor mercilessly!! Bought him a bottle of whisky when we completed to say thanks for rushing it through!!

But normally (in my experience) you exchange then complete about a week later. On the day of completion you have to wait to hear that the money has gone through before you get the keys. If they are mortgage free( 😂 😂 ) I assume its a bit quicker as just a bank transfer but not 100% sure.

Oh yeah 100%! noooo I was just agreeing with what the poster I replied to said about how they'd randomly seem to have shit tons of cash in 2021 and 2022 despite Steve always being around to go for lunch at bean loved and oakleys in Skipton so clearly not having any form of regular work....it all just lines up that they either took out loans secured against the house, racked up huge credit card debt or extended the mortgage to explain why neither of them had jobs and were constantly eating out, driving to Skipton every day, buying cars, buying clothes etc.

Someone said they wouldn't have been able to extend the mortgage but I have a friend who's done it twice for home improvements in the last 4 years since the pandemic, I think they only asked her for the last month's payslip, so obvs depending on the lender I don't see why bog and beave wouldn't have been able to.
You can quite easily if you are pre-approved for an amount at the time you take the mortgage out but chose not to draw it all down. All the lender has to do is check you’re still earning the same or more and your house has retained its value. Alternatively, you can take out a high interest secured lending with another sub-prime lender. It’s quite easy to get but the rates are a lot higher. What you can’t do is borrow the maximum that you can and then ask for more based on simply sending in a payslip from a high street bank. They would or should reassess affordability fully - therefore I do not believe that Beavis and Butthead have been taking chunks of additional borrowing out from their initial lender as the affordability wouldn’t have stacked up. I think they took mortgage holidays during covid and possibly a bounce back loan. I also think they have a lot of credit card debt - MLMs are notorious for this. Encouraging mad spending on their products and a luxury lifestyle to fake it til you make it. That Ashley person will have been telling her to book holidays on credit cards etc because she would make it alllllll back and more. Which she didn’t.

viewtube

VIP Member
has she actually said those words at all “the house we’re buying”? Or renting cos they can’t afford to buy another? 🤣
She says 'the new house' so could be either. I'd put money on his mum has bought a property, they stay rent free while doing the property up

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
Wonder why Woody hasn’t moved school?
When I was at primary school, we moved house in May/June and when I joined a new school they were fine that I just wore my old uniform for the rest of the term to save buying uniform I’d grown out of by September.

Maybe A has shot through his uniform and needed new anyway, but W could still get a couple of months more wear out of his?

Clarity456

VIP Member
Maybe your friend lied on their application? Maybe they had no fixed address and pretended to sofa surf. How long were they on the list? Maybe they had an amount in their account under the threashold of funds (london allowances are higher due to cost of living there) there are loads of ways to try and get around it. I know people who have applied with a council in a different part of the country and managed to get a house due to getting a job in the area, but they were on the list for a few years for a transfer.

Yeah of course anyone can apply. But a single person with low needs, no drug/alcohol/domestic/mental health/medical problems are not normally top of the list. Even people with a few kids are not top of the list.

Someone who already has a private rent and not in an overcrowded property etc. will be at the bottom of the pile. It will vary from council to council how they do it. What the demand is in the area. Sometimes a property will come up if simply no one else wants it/bids on it, which again is rare. You also have to be on the housing list for a few years, or apply to transfer to an area. You can provide details if you're in financial hardship but you have to prove it, and then the council will decide on your individual circumstances

ETA in the majority of the UK you're not eligible for social housing if you earn over s certain amount, I think it's 50k. Will be more for the London area
Errrr my friend has morals and decency but like bogtrotter she's a bit thick 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️UWRRRRR and couldn't keep up with that level of lies unfortunately... I honestly think she got it genuinely after applying about 5 months previously. It's housing association not council, I guess there are just times when demand is low for whatever reason and someone unexpected gets a flat lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Bloomeers

I'm still going for Hull
Average house price £166,000 🙃🙃
Not too far from Hornsea, Bridlington & rest of seaside resorts 😉😉

Last edited:

Linnyloo

VIP Member
Houses are dirt cheap in hornsea so dont be surprised if its a nig house they move into.

I really can’t see them moving to a housing association property either.
Not sure if they made a profit on their previous house but I can imagine they put down far more than 10% on the shack and with the equity they would’ve made on this house (depending on how much it eventually sold for) they more than likely have a reasonable amount for a deposit on the new house.
I think it’ll be a cheaper property they move to and I personally think it is down to financial reasons and Alfie starting secondary school soon. No way would they want to do 2 school runs each day as he wouldn’t be able to get himself to and from school where they live now.
rt

That screen shot does not say "this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive" which is what your original post says

What it says is if you become homeless essentially through not fault of your own, they may assist. If you become homless though money mismanagement or poor choices (ie moving into a house you knew or reasonably should have known you cannot afford) they may not help

The complicating factor is that there is a statutory duty to house the children so far as I know and that means the parents get the benefit of that essentially and are housed with them - whatever the circumstances

I don’t think that Beggy not talking about exchanging contracts etc is any good indication of anything. 1. She is clearly very distressed about the whole affair and struggling to accept the position and 2. Won’t have an entirely whole grasp of what is going on.

There will be plenty of things to sign if they are selling and buying - mortgage paperwork/contracts etc so it is no indication that they are renting due to that. The only slightly odd thing is that usually you can just sign and return the documents from home. We just asked the neighbours to witness them when we have had to. However they don’t have any neighbours and have no much to do with their time so have gone to do it in person.