Rebecca Lamb #170 Wearing a bikini at the local pool, Beggy Obson desperately seeking attention.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has she actually said those words at all “the house we’re buying”? Or renting cos they can’t afford to buy another? 🤣
She says 'the new house' so could be either. I'd put money on his mum has bought a property, they stay rent free while doing the property up

Reactions: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe it would be social housing/council house, I work in that area and they wouldn’t not qualify and/or be would be very far down the list in terms if need

I can’t believe it would be social housing/council house, I work in that area and they wouldn’t not qualify and/or be would be very far down the list in terms if need
How so?

They have 3 kids, potentially with extra needs, on paper boss berb bogtrotter is unemployed, potentially even claiming universal credit, beaver must have a job lined up in the area (a "local connection")

Granted they're not homeless but other than that what else would they realistically need to be granted a HA/LA property?

My friend got a social housing flat in London of all places with no kids, not living in the area at the time but did have a job there and she got one after being on a waiting list maybe about 5 months?

I totally agree after the sexxehhh rangeh, walking into Selfridge's and buying the "Chanel earrings" and not wanting to know unless it's 10k a month it's absolutely abhorrent and rage inducing that they should be taking up a house that a genuine family who are struggling could make use of, when the dingles current financial woes are all self inflicted, but from friends whove had LA/HA properties I can't see any reason they would be "way down the list" than many more people other than those in temp accomodation/homeless

Reactions: 4
How so?

They have 3 kids, potentially with extra needs, on paper boss berb bogtrotter is unemployed, potentially even claiming universal credit, beaver must have a job lined up in the area (a "local connection")

Granted they're not homeless but other than that what else would they realistically need to be granted a HA/LA property?

My friend got a social housing flat in London of all places with no kids, not living in the area at the time but did have a job there and she got one after being on a waiting list maybe about 5 months?

I totally agree after the sexxehhh rangeh, walking into Selfridge's and buying the "Chanel earrings" and not wanting to know unless it's 10k a month it's absolutely abhorrent and rage inducing that they should be taking up a house that a genuine family who are struggling could make use of, when the dingles current financial woes are all self inflicted, but from friends whove had LA/HA properties I can't see any reason they would be "way down the list" than many more people other than those in temp accomodation/homeless
From what I remember you'd have to have your house repossessed, so a forced homeless situation, and not have the funds avaliable to find a private rent. Then you'd have to be put in to temporary accommodation by the council before you gained enough points and to be classed as a priority. You can sometimes get extra points if you have strong links to the area I.e family or starting a new job, but that still won't guarantee it. That is normally how it goes. If they've sold the house they'll likely have more than 10k coming to them, so enough to find a house/put themselves up in a hotel if necessary.

Reactions: 13
From what I remember you'd have to have your house repossessed, so a forced homeless situation, and not have the funds avaliable to find a private rent. Then you'd have to be put in to temporary accommodation by the council before you gained enough points and to be classed as a priority. You can sometimes get extra points if you have strong links to the area I.e family or starting a new job, but that still won't guarantee it. That is normally how it goes. If they've sold the house they'll likely have more than 10k coming to them, so enough to find a house/put themselves up in a hotel if necessary.
Not saying you're wrong but in that case how my mate got hers is an absolute mystery as she had £££s saved up for a house deposit before she moved to London, now she's moved it's not enough for London prices so she needs to add to it but it's still obviously thousands.

I honestly think anyone can apply for housing association, you'll just get more points when bidding if your house has been reposessed and the situation is as you described, but from what I've heard it's not an automatic no for anyone even if you were technically a millionaire.

ETA On this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️ who knows, for me, it's just the only thing that makes sense as to why she hasn't mentioned exchanging contracts, speaking to estate agents, speaking to solicitors (when they bought the shack she talked about this kind of stuff regularly in vlogs) but renovating, either that or what someone further up the thread said it's either HA or beavers mums rental and they're doing it up in exchange for a low/free rent

Attachments

Last edited:
The idiot I’m related to and his then primary school aged child were evicted. They were put in a tiny bedsit for around 2 months until a suitable property became available. But I’m sure it will vary between councils and if where they’re going to is more like a retirement village then there may be social housing available.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not saying you're wrong but in that case how my mate got hers is an absolute mystery as she had £££s saved up for a house deposit before she moved to London, now she's moved it's not enough for London prices so she needs to add to it but it's still obviously thousands.

I honestly think anyone can apply for housing association, you'll just get more points when bidding if your house has been reposessed

ETA On this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️ who knows, for me, it's just the only thing that makes sense as to why she hasn't mentioned exchanging contracts, speaking to estate agents, speaking to solicitors (when they bought the shack she talked about this kind of stuff regularly in vlogs) but renovating, either that or what someone further up the thread said it's either HA or beavers mums rental and they're doing it up in exchange for a low/free rent
It doesn't appear to say that "ETA On this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️"

What is the top bit that has been cut off prior to the bullets? It seems to indicate that if if you paid credit cards etc and other debts before your mortgage/rent and/or knowingly moved into a property that you could not afford you could be classed as "intentionally homeless" and therefore not eligible for assistance.

It doesn't appear to say that "ETA On this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive 🤷🏻‍♀️"

What is the top bit that has been cut off prior to the bullets? It seems to indicate that if if you paid credit cards etc and other debts before your mortgage/rent and/or knowingly moved into a property that you could not afford you could be classed as "intentionally homeless" and therefore not eligible for assistance.
That's exactly how it reads to me? 🤷🏻‍♀️

1000057971.png

If you have to sell your home because you can no longer afford the mortgage payments then the day the sale goes through youre homeless, but not intentionally...

Above that it just listed all the things that would qualify you as having made yourself intentionally homeless

Anyways maybe there's another thread to argue about when the council will give temp accomodation, my original point was you absolutely do not need to have been forced out by bailiffs to be able to at least bid for LA/HA stuff. Now I come to think of it I've heard loads about people making the switch from private landlord to social housing which obviously wouldn't happen if you could only get a council house if you've been forcibly evicted... Even if the clampit family didn't score as highly as others for need, even if they came 4th or 5th in a bid if the 3/4 people above them turned it down after viewing it, it's theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

I honestly think anyone can apply for housing association, you'll just get more points when bidding if your house has been reposessed and the situation is as you described, but from what I've heard it's not an automatic no for anyone even if you were technically a millionaire.

Maybe your friend lied on their application? Maybe they had no fixed address and pretended to sofa surf. How long were they on the list? Maybe they had an amount in their account under the threashold of funds (london allowances are higher due to cost of living there) there are loads of ways to try and get around it. I know people who have applied with a council in a different part of the country and managed to get a house due to getting a job in the area, but they were on the list for a few years for a transfer.

Yeah of course anyone can apply. But a single person with low needs, no drug/alcohol/domestic/mental health/medical problems are not normally top of the list. Even people with a few kids are not top of the list.

Someone who already has a private rent and not in an overcrowded property etc. will be at the bottom of the pile. It will vary from council to council how they do it. What the demand is in the area. Sometimes a property will come up if simply no one else wants it/bids on it, which again is rare. You also have to be on the housing list for a few years, or apply to transfer to an area. You can provide details if you're in financial hardship but you have to prove it, and then the council will decide on your individual circumstances

ETA in the majority of the UK you're not eligible for social housing if you earn over s certain amount, I think it's 50k. Will be more for the London area

Maybe your friend lied on their application? Maybe they had no fixed address and pretended to sofa surf. How long were they on the list? Maybe they had an amount in their account under the threashold of funds (london allowances are higher due to cost of living there) there are loads of ways to try and get around it. I know people who have applied with a council in a different part of the country and managed to get a house due to getting a job in the area, but they were on the list for a few years for a transfer.

Yeah of course anyone can apply. But a single person with low needs, no drug/alcohol/domestic/mental health/medical problems are not normally top of the list. Even people with a few kids are not top of the list.

Someone who already has a private rent and not in an overcrowded property etc. will be at the bottom of the pile. It will vary from council to council how they do it. What the demand is in the area. Sometimes a property will come up if simply no one else wants it/bids on it, which again is rare. You also have to be on the housing list for a few years, or apply to transfer to an area. You can provide details if you're in financial hardship but you have to prove it, and then the council will decide on your individual circumstances

ETA in the majority of the UK you're not eligible for social housing if you earn over s certain amount, I think it's 50k. Will be more for the London area
Errrr my friend has morals and decency but like bogtrotter she's a bit thick 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️UWRRRRR and couldn't keep up with that level of lies unfortunately... I honestly think she got it genuinely after applying about 5 months previously. It's housing association not council, I guess there are just times when demand is low for whatever reason and someone unexpected gets a flat lol

• Haha
That screen shot does not say "this it says the council will house you if the mortgage simply became too expensive" which is what your original post says

What it says is if you become homeless essentially through not fault of your own, they may assist. If you become homless though money mismanagement or poor choices (ie moving into a house you knew or reasonably should have known you cannot afford) they may not help

The complicating factor is that there is a statutory duty to house the children so far as I know and that means the parents get the benefit of that essentially and are housed with them - whatever the circumstances

I don’t think that Beggy not talking about exchanging contracts etc is any good indication of anything. 1. She is clearly very distressed about the whole affair and struggling to accept the position and 2. Won’t have an entirely whole grasp of what is going on.

There will be plenty of things to sign if they are selling and buying - mortgage paperwork/contracts etc so it is no indication that they are renting due to that. The only slightly odd thing is that usually you can just sign and return the documents from home. We just asked the neighbours to witness them when we have had to. However they don’t have any neighbours and have no much to do with their time so have gone to do it in person.

Errrr my friend has morals and decency but like bogtrotter she's a bit thick 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️ and couldn't keep up with that level of lies unfortunately... I honestly think she got it genuinely after applying about 5 months previously. It's housing association not council, I guess there are just times when demand is low for whatever reason and someone unexpected gets a flat lol
Housing associations sometimes have different rules. Like sometimes they only let to people earning over a certain amount but under a certain figure. These properties are still advertised through the council pages for people to bid on, and you still have to be within the certain Band and have the right amount of points etc. but they have slightly different contracts to council housing

Another way people can get housed is if they have children with disabilities. Or have disabilities themselves.

The lies people tell to get housed is unreal. I wouldn't put it past Dingle, but I think they'll buy another crappy shack.

If you become homless though money mismanagement or poor choices (ie moving into a house you knew or reasonably should have known you cannot afford) they may not help
That's easy to explain away as when they got the house beaver was working for his dad on a much higher salary and the last year interest rates have gone through the roof, meaning that it hasn't always been that way and it's not their fault that they now can't afford it.

Sorry guys if you don't agree but I will die on this hill that due to everything Dingles said thus far I believe they are renting 😂 I would have guessed private first but then cos you wouldn't really waste money on "renovating" a private landlords house I do think it's a housing association place. You can't change my mind sorry 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 1
Housing associations sometimes have different rules. Like sometimes they only let to people earning over a certain amount but under a certain figure. These properties are still advertised through the council pages for people to bid on, and you still have to be within the certain Band and have the right amount of points etc. but they have slightly different contracts to council housing

Another way people can get housed is if they have children with disabilities. Or have disabilities themselves.

The lies people tell to get housed is unreal. I wouldn't put it past Dingle, but I think they'll buy another crappy shack.
I think they will too. There will be a bit of equity in the house and properties are very cheap in Hornsea. I think Beever will be keen to buy something pretty much outright to ensure they can’t be put out again. This is quite sensible but it will be a dump through necessity. I get the feeling Beever is just about done with Insta and Beggy will be getting - at a minimum - some kind of employed role. Roma is entitled to free nursery hours at 2 (and I think provision has just changed or is about to change to even now) so anything Rebecca brings in will help and won’t be under deduction of nursery fees
---
That's easy to explain away as when they got the house beaver was working for his dad on a much higher salary and the last year interest rates have gone through the roof, meaning that it hasn't always been that way it's not their fault that they now can't afford it.

Sorry guys if you don't agree but I will die on this hill that due to everything Dingles said thus far I believe they are renting 😂 I would have guessed private and cos you wouldn't really waste money on "renovating" a private landlords house I think it's a housing association place. You can't change my mind sorry 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
The other test is have you paid credit card bills etc before mortgage and rent - ie have you mismanaged money. It is not a single question assessment.

That's easy to explain away as when they got the house beaver was working for his dad on a much higher salary and the last year interest rates have gone through the roof, meaning that it hasn't always been that way and it's not their fault that they now can't afford it.

Sorry guys if you don't agree but I will die on this hill that due to everything Dingles said thus far I believe they are renting 😂 I would have guessed private first but then cos you wouldn't really waste money on "renovating" a private landlords house I do think it's a housing association place. You can't change my mind sorry 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
That's fine 😂 and I just know that as soon as she posts one crumb of her house, an Eagle eyed tattler will find out where she lives and check the deeds to see who owns it to settle the speculation 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think they will too. There will be a bit of equity in the house and properties are very cheap in Hornsea. I think Beever will be keen to buy something pretty much outright to ensure they can’t be put out again. This is quite sensible but it will be a dump through necessity. I get the feeling Beever is just about done with Insta and Beggy will be getting - at a minimum - some kind of employed role. Roma is entitled to free nursery hours at 2 (and I think provision has just changed or is about to change to even now) so anything Rebecca brings in will help and won’t be under deduction of nursery fees
---

The other test is have you paid credit card bills etc before mortgage and rent - ie have you mismanaged money. It is not a single question assessment.
While I suspect they've got massive debts elsewhere we don't know for definite and given how quick bog got her gallbladder removed through dishonesty it's my opinion that getting around that would be small fry to them tbh 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Just a quick one. I don’t for a second think they are moving to a council or social housing property. But where I live, there are sometimes occasions where the local authority simply cannot let a property due to its dire location, so it can end up going to someone with very little eligibility. Basically whoever is willing to take it despite how bad the area is 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.