Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One that always gets me is the Ellie Butler murder, she was about 5 and was killed by her father, Ben.

Her little face and all she went through. Her mother did not protect her either. The pain her grandparents suffered too.
I followed that trial so closely from the initial arrests. I was fully involved on websleuths as obviously we all knew the back story that the press wasn’t allowed to report until the verdict. I think her little face will stay with me for ever. And her poor grandfather- also grieving the loss of his wife and the knowledge that his daughter is an evil witch, 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Does anyone watch to true crime youtubers? Was gonna make a thread on them but guess it'd just fit in here I watch Kendall Rae anyone else watch her? Also has anyone been following the Gannon Stauch case so heartbreaking x
I watch Danelle Hallan and Gabulosis. Sometimes I will watch Kendall Rae.

Reactions: 2
I always think her friend was simply amazing. She was the one who made the call and didn’t trust Chris from the word go. I will never ever forget that case as Shan’ann seemed such a joyful person and it was an absolute tragedy - her babies make me tearful. Her parents and brother - I do not know how they could remain so dignified throughout the case.
I cannot imagine what her family will go through for the rest of their lives.

What I don’t get about the family though is that they cannot keep away from social media and it does them no good, there are so many things on You Tube about this case and the family want everyone to stop talking about it all, Ted Bundy was executed 31 years ago this year and his crimes were more than 45 years ago yet there are still programs being made about him and plenty online discussions about him so the chances of the Watts case no longer being spoken about isn’t going to happen, ever.

Not everyone is nice about Shan’Ann due to some things they have seen of her in her Facebook posts and videos and they don’t paint her in a great light admittedly and so folks are commenting on her and the family, and her brother & father keep reading it and then making videos themselves to “shut up the haters” and I don’t get why they’re doing it, I came off Facebook coz it done my mental health zero favours and so why can’t her family come off of it, her brother even had a Paypal account and asked folks for donations, for what I have no clue but its sketchy, and now her family are selling that MLM Thrive crap, Shan’Ann got her family into serious debt through that crap and I think that their terrible finances was part of the reasons that Chris killed them all (not that I am condoning it) and now her family are plugging it because “it’s what Shan’Ann would have wanted”, it messed up her life and now they want to sell the tit, there is something quite questionable about her family, I get they are grieving and probably will forever, and by god my heart goes out to them but some things they do aren’t correct and it’s an immature mentality that they seem to have.

Last week Frank Rzucek, Shan’Anns father, made a YT video that’s about 15 seconds long where he said “I heard everyone was saying that this account isn’t really mine and so I am just making this to show that it is me”, ffs that’s what a 12 year old would do! Why do they give such a tit about what total strangers are saying abt people they didn’t know?! and making videos and horrible posts to people,yet if they make money from certain things to do with the deaths then they don’t mind that...

I followed that trial so closely from the initial arrests. I was fully involved on websleuths as obviously we all knew the back story that the press wasn’t allowed to report until the verdict. I think her little face will stay with me for ever. And her poor grandfather- also grieving the loss of his wife and the knowledge that his daughter is an evil witch, 💔
Omfg yes this case! and the stupid ducking Judge that gave Ellie back to her parents because she didn’t think Ben had abused Ellie in the past, 🤬🤬🤬 wtaf, she has blood on her hands and she got made to resign on her 6 figure pension, bleeping clueless witch, the issue with judges is that they aren’t street smart so lots of them know duck all nor do they live in the real world!

Did Jenny Gray, Ellie’s mum, get out of prison yet? I hope Ben Butler has been battered everyday of his sentence so far, evil bully.🤬

RIP Beautiful little Ellie& her loving grandmother too xxx

I watch Danelle Hallan and Gabulosis. Sometimes I will watch Kendall Rae.
I am such a YT true crime junkie!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yeah I think the same. The whole stalker thing was fabricated by her mum.
I felt bad for her until she named a 15(?) year old who she thought had done it. Poor child probably still gets so much heat from it all.

Has anyone read about the death of Morgan Ingram? Really weird story. I first heard about it in a podcast but there’s loads out there on the internet as Morgan’s mum Toni is clearly not right in the head but posts a lot and argues with people online.
I 100% believe her parents are in denial and she committed suicide.

There’s a true film that’s just come out o in Netflix called Lost Girls following the disappearance of Shannan Gilbert. It’s a good film, really sad though. I read up on the case afterwards as it’s currently unsolved
I have watched this and it’s good.

Also on Netflix is a film called The Frozen Ground starring Nicholas Cage and Vanessa Hugdens and it’s about the serial killer, Robert Hansen, who killed in the 70s and 80s in Alaska, please watch it as it’s bleeping brilliant.

I'm a little obsessive with this and wish it was at your levels, @Be More Pacific ! I think you'd like Criminal on Netflix, and Evil Genius, The Staircase and Making a Murderer but the last 3 are American cases. There's a book called The Jigsaw Man by Paul Brittain (I think...!!) which is an incredible read too.

I watch any sort of TV show I can - 24 Hours in Police Custody, Britain's Most Evil Killers, Inside Evil etc, but ways on the hunt for more!

I just find the MO and psychology behind why people kill fascinating. I could never do anything like that and a genuine fear of mine is killing someone by accident - in my car,.for instance - so to do it deliberately is just so alien to me.

All Killa No Filla is alright, I haven't listened to many as I'm behind on all my podcasts
Britain’s Darkest Taboos are ace.
You Tube - watch the Beauty Salom Killer, Love You To Death, The murder of Julie Ming, there is also one about the woman who was killed in Harvey Nichols in London back in 2005, and watch ‘Black Widow - Dena Thompson’, they are all on YT and they make for compelling viewing.

Plus Killer In The Family episodes, they’re British and brilliant.

Has anybody heard of the Darlie Routier case? Diane Downs? I am into family annihilators crimes now due to the Watts family murders, serial killers used to fascinate me but their psychology behind the killings are mainly all the same so I’m over them now and family murders are my fave now!

Also Aussie crime shows are bleeping amazing, especially Crimes that shook Australia, Aussies are as savage as the Americans!

I've been watching The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix and it's probably the most harrowing story I've ever heard. The cruelty of human beings is terrifying and knowing nothing was done about it and a child was tortured for months until his death is even worse.
His mother made me bleeping sick.

Last edited:
Omfg yes this case! and the stupid ducking Judge that gave Ellie back to her parents because she didn’t think Ben had abused Ellie in the past, 🤬🤬🤬 wtaf, she has blood on her hands and she got made to resign on her 6 figure pension, bleeping clueless witch, the issue with judges is that they aren’t street smart so lots of them know duck all nor do they live in the real world!

Did Jenny Gray, Ellie’s mum, get out of prison yet? I hope Ben Butler has been battered everyday of his sentence so far, evil bully.🤬

RIP Beautiful little Ellie& her loving grandmother too xxx
There’s been nothing about her in the papers but I suspect she’s out. Her sentence was shockingly lenient and she was so complicit. Even when he was on remand she was still writing to him.

• Angry
There’s been nothing about her in the papers but I suspect she’s out. Her sentence was shockingly lenient and she was so complicit. Even when he was on remand she was still writing to him.
Omg I didn’t know she was writing to him! How did you know this?! I’m surprised they wouldn’t print pics of her being out as they did with Karen Matthews, Shannon Matthews mum.

Omg I didn’t know she was writing to him! How did you know this?! I’m surprised they wouldn’t print pics of her being out as they did with Karen Matthews, Shannon Matthews mum.
It was mentioned during the trial, by the prosecution as evidence that she always chose him over Ellie. She was obsessed with him. duck knows why.

It was mentioned during the trial, by the prosecution as evidence that she always chose him over Ellie. She was obsessed with him. duck knows why.
bleeping hell what a twisted witch, she will wait on him for the 20 odd years or whatever he got.

Love this thread! I am a total crime junkie. Always feel so morbid for finding it interesting so it's nice to see so many others!

Finally read Mindhunter recently - my dream job! His career is truly fascinating. Well worth a read if anyone hasn't read it. It covers a lot of the cases that are in the Netflix show but it is interesting to see it from his perspective of working the cases.

He actually mentions why so many people find serial killers interesting: "we are frequently asked why true crime is so compelling given its grisly subject matter and tragic endings. The answer we believe is that by its very nature, true crime deals with the essentials and fundamentals of what we call "the human condition". By this we mean the instincts and emotions we all feel: Love, hate, jealousy, revenge, ambition, lust, joy, and sadness, terror, disappointment and despair, and feelings of grandiosity and personal entitlement.. often coupled with equal measures of deep seated inadequacy and self loathing. True crime narratives represent the human condition writ large: ordinary people operating at the terrifying extremes of those instincts and emotions."

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I love true crime stuff. I've been really obsessed with Madeleine McCann. Believed for quite a long time the parents did it but I don't think so anymore. They didn't have enough time to hide her body and I think if they had she would have been found by now. I also don't think they could've kept this from the rest of their group... And I can't imagine the others know.. Don't think that EVERYBODY would have kept quiet...

I'm also obsessed with the case of JonBenet Ramsey. Definitely someone from the family did it (the brother?). It just doesn't add up otherwise.

Reactions: 9
I love true crime stuff. I've been really obsessed with Madeleine McCann. Believed for quite a long time the parents did it but I don't think so anymore. They didn't have enough time to hide her body and I think if they had she would have been found by now. I also don't think they could've kept this from the rest of their group... And I can't imagine the others know.. Don't think that EVERYBODY would have kept quiet...

I'm also obsessed with the case of JonBenet Ramsey. Definitely someone from the family did it (the brother?). It just doesn't add up otherwise.
Have you read the conspiracy theories that JonBenet is actually Katy Perry? If you'd like to get lost down a rabbit hole, there's heap of stuff out there about that. I follow a Seer who 'sees' that they are one and the same, albeit in different realms (that's a whole different topic).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Anyone following the Gannon Stauch case? He was an 11 year old boy and his step mum killed him. I watched Kendall Rae''s video on him and it's just so sad only happened a couple months ago but someone made this video for him and it made me cry. These stories always affect me so much but I still read about them x

Have you read the conspiracy theories that JonBenet is actually Katy Perry? If you'd like to get lost down a rabbit hole, there's heap of stuff out there about that. I follow a Seer who 'sees' that they are one and the same, albeit in different realms (that's a whole different topic).
The Katy Perry and Jon Benet conspiracy is crazy...but they look so alike. What do you think about it?

Reactions: 1
Is anyone following the Lori Vallow case??? I’d love to know your thoughts on where the kids are/what happened to them..

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.