Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been watching The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix and it's probably the most harrowing story I've ever heard. The cruelty of human beings is terrifying and knowing nothing was done about it and a child was tortured for months until his death is even worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t say definitely not, but if I was on a jury I would have to say I have reasonable doubt.

I think the blood spatter evidence supports it being an accidental death. I think Owl Theory should be seriously considered, it sounds crazy but there are a number of accounts by people in the same region who have been attacked by owls, they always go for the head and apparently it feels like being hit by a cricket bat. I could completely believe that if you get multiple scalp lacerations from a bird attack, combined with being intoxicated and vasodilated with alcohol, perhaps stumbling up the stairs, perhaps fainting, you could fatally haemorrhage and die if you couldn’t get help.

It is certainly possible he did it - the podcast reveals a lot more about their massive debts and having to financially support his son who was also in debt, but I don’t think the forensic evidence stands up for that theory.
What do you think?
I think he did it, and the podcasts just confirmed my thinking and showed how one side the Staircase was, so much was hidden

I've been watching The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix and it's probably the most harrowing story I've ever heard. The cruelty of human beings is terrifying and knowing nothing was done about it and a child was tortured for months until his death is even worse.
One of the most upsetting things Ive ever seen ,and that little fellas loyalty to his vile mother made it even more sad

Reactions: 4
I think he did it, and the podcasts just confirmed my thinking and showed how one side the Staircase was, so much was hidden

One of the most upsetting things Ive ever seen ,and that little fellas loyalty to his vile mother made it even more sad
Absolutely. The mother's day card just broke me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
There are some really good crime shows on Hayu - I particularly like Accident, Suicide or Murder? Also if you are on reddit the r/unresolvedmysteries is a great sub.

Reactions: 2
I like to follow murder trials as they are progressing, for anyone who is interested Sky's Martin Brunt is live tweeting the trial of PC Harper which began today.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone read about the death of Morgan Ingram? Really weird story. I first heard about it in a podcast but there’s loads out there on the internet as Morgan’s mum Toni is clearly not right in the head but posts a lot and argues with people online.

Is anybody following the Gannon Stauch case? His stepmother has been arrested for 1st degree murder and other offences that suggest she knows what happened to his body and where it is.

There’s a true film that’s just come out o in Netflix called Lost Girls following the disappearance of Shannan Gilbert. It’s a good film, really sad though. I read up on the case afterwards as it’s currently unsolved

Oh wow just googled this and not sure if I can watch, poor little boy ☹
I've just watched this. It's absolutely heartbreaking that so many people had the opportunity to step in but still the worst happened. I always feel uncomfortable watching these programmes but then I think that it's important for people to know what can happen and learn from it. And also remember the children involved. Poor soul.

• Sad
Just watch a documentary on norma bell
What the killer did next on crime investigation here the youtube link

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
To anyone interested in the West Memphis 3 case there is a new documentary airing in the UK on Hayu tomorrow think it’s a two parter apparently showing new evidence I am so excited!

I wouldn’t say it fascinates me as I can’t stand to know all the details as it is so horrific but one case I can never stop thinking about is the guy who killed his wife, unborn baby and 2 little girls. Chris Watts. He tried to say his wife had killed the girls then he killed her out of anger but it came out he was having an affair and that was his motive. It is so heartbreaking, he showed no remorse at all.
Omg yes the Watts case has had me hooked since day one! I feel like we all know Shan’Ann personally coz of all her live Facebook posts, Chris was a model husband and father as well, it’s scary.

Reactions: 9
Omg yes the Watts case has had me hooked since day one! I feel like we all know Shan’Ann personally coz of all her live Facebook posts, Chris was a model husband and father as well, it’s scary.
I always think her friend was simply amazing. She was the one who made the call and didn’t trust Chris from the word go. I will never ever forget that case as Shan’ann seemed such a joyful person and it was an absolute tragedy - her babies make me tearful. Her parents and brother - I do not know how they could remain so dignified throughout the case.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone watch to true crime youtubers? Was gonna make a thread on them but guess it'd just fit in here I watch Kendall Rae anyone else watch her? Also has anyone been following the Gannon Stauch case so heartbreaking x

• Heart
Has anyone read about the death of Morgan Ingram? Really weird story. I first heard about it in a podcast but there’s loads out there on the internet as Morgan’s mum Toni is clearly not right in the head but posts a lot and argues with people online.
oh my god I remember reading her entire blog. Do you think there was a stalker at all? Honestly I think Morgan OD'd (either by accident or on purpose) and the Mum just doesn't want to accept it.

oh my god I remember reading her entire blog. Do you think there was a stalker at all? Honestly I think Morgan OD'd (either by accident or on purpose) and the Mum just doesn't want to accept it.
Yeah I think the same. The whole stalker thing was fabricated by her mum.

Reactions: 1
One that always gets me is the Ellie Butler murder, she was about 5 and was killed by her father, Ben.

Her little face and all she went through. Her mother did not protect her either. The pain her grandparents suffered too.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
One that always gets me is the Ellie Butler murder, she was about 5 and was killed by her father, Ben.

Her little face and all she went through. Her mother did not protect her either. The pain her grandparents suffered too.
I remember her mum and Ben Butler being interviewed on This Morning and feeling so sorry-just shows how they fooled people! Such a sad case, heartbreaking what Ellie had gone through for a long time and her poor grandfather losing Ellie and then his wife to illness ☹

Does anyone watch to true crime youtubers? Was gonna make a thread on them but guess it'd just fit in here I watch Kendall Rae anyone else watch her? Also has anyone been following the Gannon Stauch case so heartbreaking x
I watch Kendal Rae and Stephanie Harlowe, Elenor Neal, Georgia Marie.

What a lovely little boy who sounded so scared on the 'accidentally recorded' clip. I have been following the Gannon Stauch case, I think most people suspected the stepmother but to have it confirmed was still shocking at how much she has lied.

Last edited:
A murderer called jenny cupit came too my year 8 daughters school to do a "talk" she explained how she had some mental health issues and killed her lovers wife in a jealous rage spur of the moment. However, when I googled the story there was way more to it then that..... She bought a knife on the way to the house!! And there was way more to it!!! Not sure what her point is going into schools doing prison chats!! Very interesting story tho!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.