Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in the town Steve Wright lived and committed his crimes in. It was an awful time, before the news got out that his victims were sex workers, women were terrified. I was in sixth form at the time, I literally went to school and came home, certainly didn't go out after dark. And I wasn't the only one. I, along with many others, believe that these were not his only crimes. He's been linked to the disappearance of Suzie Lamplugh, and there are other cases in the local area he may be responsible for.
I did too at the same age. It was terrifying getting the bus home from town in the dark. I lived 10 mins from where two victims were found. Really horrible time. Those poor women.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The 30-odd films on YouTube by Richard Hall - The True Story of Madeleine McCann - are very interesting. He may be given to conspiracy theories around intelligence and the press but the analysis of the contradictions and changes in the statements of the Tapas seven is fascinating, as is Blair's chief communications man being sent out to help the McCanns and the various news stories. I reckon she died when they were out and left the children alone, probably by being drugged and falling, and there had to be a cover up or they'd lose their other children and their medical careers because of it. Apparently the police could find none of Madeleine's DNA in the apartment which smacks of a thorough clean up yet the blood and cadaver dogs sounded, particularly behind the sofa. 😯 I also find it very odd that they went through the palava of getting up and traipsing off to check every half hour when there was a free evening creche and surely two doctors could afford the available babysitting service in the apartment for two hours?
I wonder if we will ever know the truth about Madeline, I feel sad whenever I think of her. I don’t understand why if it was an accident they didn’t just tell the truth. As a mother myself the way Kate carried on after she ‘disappeared’ has always seemed strange...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I still think of Madeline as a little girl but she would be a teenager now. I don't feel we will ever know what really happened. I believe people in the McCanns circle know the truth so ultimately it will be a case of waiting for them to spill the beans but I doubt that will ever happen.

Reactions: 7
I still think of Madeline as a little girl but she would be a teenager now. I don't feel we will ever know what really happened. I believe people in the McCanns circle know the truth so ultimately it will be a case of waiting for them to spill the beans but I doubt that will ever happen.
Totally agree. Very sad whatever has went on. Someone has it on their conscious.

Reactions: 2
I’m not being funny,but what on Earth is is it with people that are so ‘churchy’ ? How many times have we seen some people have been corrupted?,I find it very weird,you see a orgrsm and they say ‘dedicated to the church,I find it vile.

I’m not being funny,but what on Earth is is it with people that are so ‘churchy’ ? How many times have we seen some people have been corrupted?,I find it very weird,you see a weird reaction and they say ‘dedicated to the church,I find it vile.

Oh wow just googled this and not sure if I can watch, poor little boy ☹
If you are a sensitive person, don't watch it. In the first few minutes of the programme, they detail the injuries the child had when he was admitted to hospital and show a body diagram with the location of all his injuries marked. There are so, so many. It's horrific. I don't know why I started watching it, because I find child abuse so upsetting but those first few minutes had me in tears and scrabbling to turn it off.

Has anyone read into the death of Elisa Lam? Any opinions? It freaks me out when I think about it! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam
This is the one with the scary footage from the lift?

I wonder if we will ever know the truth about Madeline, I feel sad whenever I think of her. I don’t understand why if it was an accident they didn’t just tell the truth. As a mother myself the way Kate carried on after she ‘disappeared’ has always seemed strange...
If it were an accident there must have been something about it that had serious consequences. If she was found to have been drugged which then led to her death, they would face charges of neglect (which they should have done anyway for leaving the children alone), very possibly leading to losing custody of the twins. In addition, their fitness to practice as doctors would be called into question and they would possibly lose their careers. They may even have faced manslaughter charges. Even on the night of the purported abduction, the twins were reported to have slept through everything which is a bit ????. If they still drugged the twins, they would have been incredibly confident in their own judgement despite Madeleine's probable death. They also start using past pronouns for her very quickly, as though they *know* she's dead.

Reactions: 5
If it were an accident there must have been something about it that had serious consequences. If she was found to have been drugged which then led to her death, they would face charges of neglect (which they should have done anyway for leaving the children alone), very possibly leading to losing custody of the twins. In addition, their fitness to practice as doctors would be called into question and they would possibly lose their careers. They may even have faced manslaughter charges. Even on the night of the purported abduction, the twins were reported to have slept through everything which is a bit ????. If they still drugged the twins, they would have been incredibly confident in their own judgement despite Madeleine's probable death. They also start using past pronouns for her very quickly, as though they *know* she's dead.
They have hearts of stone if they have covered this up for all these years. Did they ever test the twins to see if they had been drugged? Or would that not of been allowed? I really think if this had been a ‘working class’ family it all would of been handled much more differently!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read into the death of Elisa Lam? Any opinions? It freaks me out when I think about it! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam
I've just downloaded Crime Junkie podcast to hear the story although I can't see it on there at the moment ( probably not looking properly). Watched the clip on YouTube yesterday of the elevator. Just my opinion but I don't believe anyone was following / chasing her. I felt as if it looked like she was having a manic moment. I think her previous roommates had raised concerns about her behaviour too.

I've just downloaded Crime Junkie podcast to hear the story although I can't see it on there at the moment ( probably not looking properly). Watched the clip on YouTube yesterday of the elevator. Just my opinion but I don't believe anyone was following / chasing her. I felt as if it looked like she was having a manic moment. I think her previous roommates had raised concerns about her behaviour too.
Check out John Lordan on YouTube. He has many videos on this case and has done a lot of work on it. He even stayed at the Cecil hotel himself so he could see the lift, etc in person.

If you are a sensitive person, don't watch it. In the first few minutes of the programme, they detail the injuries the child had when he was admitted to hospital and show a body diagram with the location of all his injuries marked. There are so, so many. It's horrific. I don't know why I started watching it, because I find child abuse so upsetting but those first few minutes had me in tears and scrabbling to turn it off.
I started watching this and now can't stop but I agree, so so sad. I have cried a few times already. I have a little boy that is also in first grade so I keep thinking of him. How can a mother do this to her child, I will never understand. And I thought it was really tit when that one social worker blamed the teacher saying she shouldn't have send him home. It is not like she could just take him home with her. But I do believe if I would witness this, I would phone the police since social workers didn't do anything.

This has been on my trial calendar since it happened. The original trial date came and went no doubt because, early on, there was an indication there would be a mental health defence but duck me, I was not expecting this 😞

Jesus Christ! I honestly can't believe what I've just read there 😲 Absolutely horrific.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
This has been on my trial calendar since it happened. The original trial date came and went no doubt because, early on, there was an indication there would be a mental health defence but duck me, I was not expecting this 😞

I feel so sorry for jury of this case. Bad enough to just read the outline of this case. Just horrendous. I can only imagine this is some kind of severe psychotic illness that led to a murder of this kind?

Reactions: 3

Obviously the daughter is seriously mentally ill but the man on the allotment didn’t call the police and just mentioned it to a friend the next day?! If someone had pulled out a severed head from a carrier bag and then kissed it in front of me I think 999 would have been my first thought.

Reactions: 15

Wow that is vile!! Why on earth did the man at the allotment not call the police I find that bizarre! And the friend letting her hide the head under his sink. She’s washed the weapons, got rid of her clothes and hid in a loft when the police arrived, I mean she’s clearly mental but she sounds like she knew what she was doing to some extent..

Reactions: 3
I feel so sorry for jury of this case. Bad enough to just read the outline of this case. Just horrendous. I can only imagine this is some kind of severe psychotic illness that led to a murder of this kind?
Yes. It's a trial of the facts because both sides, prosecution and defence, have agreed she's too unwell to plead so the medical evidence must be convincing. She is sitting in the dock though which I've not seen before in one of these types of trials.

Explained better here:

Obviously the daughter is seriously mentally ill but the man on the allotment didn’t call the police and just mentioned it to a friend the next day?! If someone had pulled out a severed head from a carrier bag and then kissed it in front of me I think 999 would have been my first thought.
The North East strikes me as an odd place roaming with uneducated, jobless chavs who spend their lives drunk, off their faces or both. It pretty much keeps me in business on the trial front and they seem to have the grimmest of murders up there - Brent Martin, Jimmy Prout, Lee Irving, Gavin Barnes, Quyen Ngoc Nguyen, Lee Cooper and Ashley Cochrane, were all genuinely horrific (and those are just off the top of my head)

Wow that is vile!! Why on earth did the man at the allotment not call the police I find that bizarre! And the friend letting her hide the head under his sink. She’s washed the weapons, got rid of her clothes and hid in a loft when the police arrived, I mean she’s clearly mental but she sounds like she knew what she was doing to some extent..
I think you can be completely insane yet still have some moments of lucidity.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.