Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the new Netflix prog. The trial of Gabriel Fernandez. It was heartbreaking as it is a child abuse case (and it does go in to a lot of detail). Highlights the wider questions of social services intervention and are they doing enough. Was interesting but very sad.

Reactions: 3
I watched the new Netflix prog. The trial of Gabriel Fernandez. It was heartbreaking as it is a child abuse case (and it does go in to a lot of detail). Highlights the wider questions of social services intervention and are they doing enough. Was interesting but very sad.
This is on my watch list for tomorrow.
Other good ones I’ve watched are the disappearance of Susan cox power (it’s so twisted) and who killed Garrett Phillips .. both on sky crime

Reactions: 2
Anyone watching Murder 24/7!?
Yikes! I am enjoying it - is that the right word? I love seeing behind the scenes and the work that goes into getting a charge from the CPS etc.
Last nights gave me the chills - the man who killed his mother, 😕.
Me! Cannot believe he was found not guilty!!

Anyone watching Murder 24/7!?
Yikes! I am enjoying it - is that the right word? I love seeing behind the scenes and the work that goes into getting a charge from the CPS etc.
Last nights gave me the chills - the man who killed his mother, 😕.
Murder 24/7 is brilliant and I’ve enjoyed the first three episodes. Would love to work in criminology - I love psychology and find this stuff fascinating.

Murder 24/7 is brilliant and I’ve enjoyed the first three episodes. Would love to work in criminology - I love psychology and find this stuff fascinating.
I think I’d be a bloody good detective #likethefbi

Reactions: 1

This guy has been in their sights for a LONG time but they have never charged him before. If he's guilty then I hope the evidence is strong enough.

It means he would have been around 13 when it happened 😕
This recent arrest/charge shocked me. I was convinced it was the mother.
I know she went to prison not long after for child neglect. Obviously if she was a doctor and it had happened on holiday then no charge would have been brought against her... :rolleyes:

i also followed the case of Amber Peat religiously as in am from the same area, so gutted that no justice was brought to her. Everyone has forgotten about her now.
She looked so sad in the photos that were released.
Poor girl who deserved so much better.

Last edited:
  • Sad
A request for more funding in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been made. Around 12million spent on the case now.

To say my blood boils is an understatement. That poor girl, but come on. This is absurd! Why is this one case getting such special treatment even now, with this apparently endless cash supply despite so many cuts to other areas of policing? I don't understand at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
A request for more funding in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been made. Around 12million spent on the case now.

To say my blood boils is an understatement. That poor girl, but come on. This is absurd! Why is this one case getting such special treatment even now, with this apparently endless cash supply despite so many cuts to other areas of policing? I don't understand at all.
It’s a disgrace!

YAAS girl 🙌🏼

I loved The Jigsaw Man and the follow up, Picking Up The Pieces, by Paul Britton. I know he gets a lot of stick over the Colin Stagg honeytrap but there were plenty of reasons to suspect him and it was the police's idea! He was something of a fall guy in my opinion.

We have Netflix so I will check out those shows. I have watched The Staircase but ashamed to say I haven't seen Making A Murderer 😳
The real killer, Robert Napper, was horrendous. What he did to the Samatha and her daughter reminds me so much of Jack the Ripper. It’s half way down this article but beware it does describe what he did to the daughter too.

ive just finished watching the disappearance of Crystal Rogers on sky crime, that was interesting very bizarre

Pisses me off too, there are kids who have been abused and neglected who aren't getting the support they need because funding is getting cut all over the place, give the money to those services instead.

Has anyone been watching Murder 24/7 ? Really good !
Yes. I followed the Courtney Valentine-Brown case as it was ongoing - I actually nearly went to observe when I was killing time in Chelmsford for the day but it had transferred back to Basildon Crown Court.

Seeing Kelly King's mugshot was a bit of a shock compared to her Facebook profile photo 😱

it did irritate me that they never once said that CVB was a convicted drug dealer. Ian Slater talked briefly about him dealing drugs (which is why KK was letting him live in her flat) but he got a fairly long stretch in 2016 for dealing heroin and crack cocaine. Yet the family still want us to believe he was just 'cheeky' and 'loveable'.

The second case I was aware of but didn't follow. Very sad but I think the jury's verdict and judge's sentence was appropriate and compassionate in the circumstances.

The final case next week is another trial I followed.

I’m watching this now. Could barely get past the introduction with the nurse. When she said her and her family celebrate his birthday for him every year 💔

Yes. I followed the Courtney Valentine-Brown case as it was ongoing - I actually nearly went to observe when I was killing time in Chelmsford for the day but it had transferred back to Basildon Crown Court.

Seeing Kelly King's mugshot was a bit of a shock compared to her Facebook profile photo 😱

it did irritate me that they never once said that CVB was a convicted drug dealer. Ian Slater talked briefly about him dealing drugs (which is why KK was letting him live in her flat) but he got a fairly long stretch in 2016 for dealing heroin and crack cocaine. Yet the family still want us to believe he was just 'cheeky' and 'loveable'.

The second case I was aware of but didn't follow. Very sad but I think the jury's verdict and judge's sentence was appropriate and compassionate in the circumstances.

The final case next week is another trial I followed.
Yes the 2nd case was tragic all round .. Looking forward to the next one

Anyone watched The Staircase ? If you have did you listen to the podcast ? Ive learned more about the case than came out at the trial by listening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.