Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love investigation discovery channel ,good programs,Crime and investigation channel gtreat as well
The
first 48 I love,although we are not getting new ones here only now and then.

Reactions: 2
I love investigation discovery channel ,good programs,Crime and investigation channel gtreat as well
The
first 48 I love,although we are not getting new ones here only now and then.
This group on Facebook has the very latest episodes of The First 48 - uploaded the night after they are shown in the USA - plus tons of other stuff from ID, Oxygen etc.

78C3A093-D1F1-4653-8134-3091804F874D.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I love listening to murder/crime podcasts when running but it does mean that I'm too scared to run the forest tracks at the back of my house in the winter 👀😂
Didn’t even know podcasts existed.

One of my new favourite threads, love true crime. Need to start listening to some of the recommended podcasts.

Reactions: 1
This is one of my favourite blogs:

I used to read, and enjoy, a site called 'Blink on Crime' but the author must've upset someone as a Twitter account under that name seems intent on rubbishing her articles. And she hasn't updated her own site in quite a while. Strange.

Websleuths is a great site to get lost in. You don't need to join to read (most) of the posts.

This is one of my favourite blogs:

I used to read, and enjoy, a site called 'Blink on Crime' but the author must've upset someone as a Twitter account under that name seems intent on rubbishing her articles. And she hasn't updated her own site in quite a while. Strange.

Websleuths is a great site to get lost in. You don't need to join to read (most) of the posts.
Hello fellow bird avatar! lol

• Heart
Anyone watched The Staircase ? If you have did you listen to the podcast ? Ive learned more about the case than came out at the trial by listening
The Staircase is superb!!! However, I thought the podcast was low quality and sensationalised the case without paying close attention to the forensics. Constantly giving airtime to people who attached far too much significance to how much blood was as the scene.
If you bleed out from your scalp, then yes, there will be a shitload of blood. It doesn't mean you were murdered!!

I first learned about the Staircase case from the Adnan Syed podcast (I think it was Undisclosed rather than Serial but can't be sure) when they talked about Owl Theory. It's a shame Owl Theory didn't get discussed in the TV show.

I live in the town Steve Wright lived and committed his crimes in. It was an awful time, before the news got out that his victims were sex workers, women were terrified. I was in sixth form at the time, I literally went to school and came home, certainly didn't go out after dark. And I wasn't the only one. I, along with many others, believe that these were not his only crimes. He's been linked to the disappearance of Suzie Lamplugh, and there are other cases in the local area he may be responsible for.

• Wow
I live in the town Steve Wright lived and committed his crimes in. It was an awful time, before the news got out that his victims were sex workers, women were terrified. I was in sixth form at the time, I literally went to school and came home, certainly didn't go out after dark. And I wasn't the only one. I, along with many others, believe that these were not his only crimes. He's been linked to the disappearance of Suzie Lamplugh, and there are other cases in the local area he may be responsible for.
I lived in Ipswich at the time and I didn't get the sense of fear at all. The police made it clear early on (before they were found I believe) that both Tanya Nicholls and Gemma Adams, the first two girls to go missing, were sex workers. Gemma Adams was living on the road where my doctor's surgery was - there was a missing poster of her in the window of her flat/bedsit. I certainly wasn't terrified.

In respect of Suzy Lamplugh, I can with 99.9% certainty state that Steve Wright isn't responsible. The only tenuous connection was working on the same cruise ship at the same time along with hundreds of other people. It's unfortunately something the press latched onto the day he was found guilty and it just won't die. The police have already named a prime suspect, their only suspect - his name is John Cannan.

In resect of other crimes, I think it's definitely a possibility - you don't usually become a serial killer out of the blue in your late forties without some kind of build up offences - but I would suggest they were more likely to have occurred when he lived in Norwich. I doubt we'll ever know.

Last edited:
I lived in Ipswich at the time and I didn't get the sense of fear at all. The police made it clear early on (before they were found I believe) that both Tanya Nicholls and Gemma Adams, the first two girls to go missing, were sex workers. Gemma Adams was living on the road where my doctor's surgery was - there was a missing poster of her in the window of her flat/bedsit. I certainly wasn't terrified.

In respect of Suzy Lamplugh, I can with 99.9% certainty state that Steve Wright isn't responsible. The only tenuous connection was working on the same cruise ship at the same time along with hundreds of other people. It's unfortunately something the press latched onto the day he was found guilty and it just won't die. The police have already named a prime suspect, their only suspect - his name is John Cannan.

In resect of other crimes, I think it's definitely a possibility - you don't usually become a serial killer out of the blue in your late forties without some kind of build up offences - but I would suggest they were more likely to have occurred when he lived in Norwich. I doubt we'll ever know.

Maybe it was just some of us then, and I was watching the news too much. 🤷‍♀️ But the majority of people I knew were scared, it's natural to take on some of the anxiety yourself when you are surrounded by it.

Me too, I also lived next to where Tavis was murdered, luckily I have moved a little futher a field now.

The Staircase is superb!!! However, I thought the podcast was low quality and sensationalised the case without paying close attention to the forensics. Constantly giving airtime to people who attached far too much significance to how much blood was as the scene.
If you bleed out from your scalp, then yes, there will be a shitload of blood. It doesn't mean you were murdered!!

I first learned about the Staircase case from the Adnan Syed podcast (I think it was Undisclosed rather than Serial but can't be sure) when they talked about Owl Theory. It's a shame Owl Theory didn't get discussed in the TV show.
So don't you think he murdered her ?

So don't you think he murdered her ?
I wouldn’t say definitely not, but if I was on a jury I would have to say I have reasonable doubt.

I think the blood spatter evidence supports it being an accidental death. I think Owl Theory should be seriously considered, it sounds crazy but there are a number of accounts by people in the same region who have been attacked by owls, they always go for the head and apparently it feels like being hit by a cricket bat. I could completely believe that if you get multiple scalp lacerations from a bird attack, combined with being intoxicated and vasodilated with alcohol, perhaps stumbling up the stairs, perhaps fainting, you could fatally haemorrhage and die if you couldn’t get help.

It is certainly possible he did it - the podcast reveals a lot more about their massive debts and having to financially support his son who was also in debt, but I don’t think the forensic evidence stands up for that theory.
What do you think?

Great thread. Been a bit obsessed with crime and murder from quite a young age. More around the psychology of it. What makes people do such heinous things! One if the things I'm currently watching is Disappeared. That must always be so hard for the family never knowing what happened to their loved ones.

Has anyone read into the death of Elisa Lam? Any opinions? It freaks me out when I think about it! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam
Yes, this is so creepy. I honestly can't explain it. The video footage is chilling - that can be explained by mental illness or drugs but how did she get in the water tank?
The hotel is notorious for deaths, I think it is one of the hotels that inspired American Horror Story Hotel.

Reactions: 3
Yes, this is so creepy. I honestly can't explain it. The video footage is chilling - that can be explained by mental illness or drugs but how did she get in the water tank?
The hotel is notorious for deaths, I think it is one of the hotels that inspired American Horror Story Hotel.
The Cecil has always fascinated me with the links to Richard Ramirez,Black Dahlia and all the murders/suicides but the Elisa Lam stuff is the most baffling. I have been down a rabbit hole of posthumous Tumblr posts,the virus with the same name and I am no closer to an explanation.

Me too, I also lived next to where Tavis was murdered, luckily I have moved a little futher a field now.
God, the whole Tavis case was just so sad. And there are his killers, gadding about in jail, posting on social media :mad:

A request for more funding in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been made. Around 12million spent on the case now.

To say my blood boils is an understatement. That poor girl, but come on. This is absurd! Why is this one case getting such special treatment even now, with this apparently endless cash supply despite so many cuts to other areas of policing? I don't understand at all.
The 30-odd films on YouTube by Richard Hall - The True Story of Madeleine McCann - are very interesting. He may be given to conspiracy theories around intelligence and the press but the analysis of the contradictions and changes in the statements of the Tapas seven is fascinating, as is Blair's chief communications man being sent out to help the McCanns and the various news stories. I reckon she died when they were out and left the children alone, probably by being drugged and falling, and there had to be a cover up or they'd lose their other children and their medical careers because of it. Apparently the police could find none of Madeleine's DNA in the apartment which smacks of a thorough clean up yet the blood and cadaver dogs sounded, particularly behind the sofa. 😯 I also find it very odd that they went through the palava of getting up and traipsing off to check every half hour when there was a free evening creche and surely two doctors could afford the available babysitting service in the apartment for two hours?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.