Real Life Crime and Murder #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s quite easy to understand how a parent can change with a new partner, their groomed into the abuse being normal. ‘They deserved it’ ‘it’s because their ungrateful shits’.

I was beaten as a child, never given the same opportunities as my siblings because I didn’t share the same dad.

The domestic abuse was at my mum to begin with then it was me aswell. I remember watching my mums face as I got assaulted she stood back and did nothing. I asked for her help, an still she did nothing just watched.

I think she had detached herself from me, I was just another person, and aslong as she was safe, she didn’t care. People are awful

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve just watched the documentary. I honestly think she’s the worst out of the 3 of them. As a mother, your job is to protect your child no matter what. Even when they’re ill you wish to take that pain away from them. She basically let them abuse her baby whilst joining in herself. Could tell she was guilty as soon as she stopped with the dramatics and started with the ‘no comment’ route. Absolutely vile evil very sad poor excuse for a mother and human!
Im am so glad you said this! I totally agree! The “partner” was almost an amoeba his intelligence was so low. Like his brain wasn’t firing on any cylinders at all! Mouth drooping open, eyes drooping shut. She was conniving, thought she had the smarts, thought she could outwit the police with her pathetic amateur dramatics. Let’s not forget the screeching “I’ve watched a lot of cop shows!”

The Son, Craig, wouldn’t expect anything less being dragged up by him.

She was actively trying to get off killing that boy when she had a big hand in the final beating.

That to me makes her the absolute worst mother ever! I can only imagine the welcome she got back in prison. Good!

Reactions: 11
I thought that also.
It reminded me of the Sadie Hartley murder where there was a camera crew that evening with the police when that crime unfolded.
They had no idea what they were filming at the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The enormity and heartbreak of the case is shown on all of the police faces isn't it? To think they cared more for logan than his own mum is beyond sad.
There's only one word for those 3....scum

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I’m interested to know why that social worker didn’t see Logan the day before he died?

Logan’s mum ‘all I’m guilty of is child neglect’.

Even if you didn’t touch him, you continually allowed that abuse to happen. That’s nothing to be proud of or to minimise by saying neglect. Neglect can mean so much.

I’m glad they have all been charged. I do think there needs to be more education around safeguarding, the friend sharing that information after Logan had died, that could of helped to keep him alive

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think she arrived and was blocked as they said he was isolating as he was covid positive. The only true thing they muttered!

Reactions: 7
Wasn’t it ground floor? If it was me I’d maybe say ah can I wave at him through his window as the guise to at least “see” him. I bet he was dying on his bed at this point 😢😢😢

• Sad
So many of these child murder cases over the last few years could’ve been saved by just laying eyes on them. Arthur Labinjo-Hughes was another case where the zoom call was only with the father as he was “ill”. Definitely a change in process is due.

Reactions: 15
I think she arrived and was blocked as they said he was isolating as he was covid positive. The only true thing they muttered!
Was Logan Covid positive? This may have been a cover story to hide the marks from previous abuse. Social worker should have asked to see him through the window or from his bedroom door.

Was Logan Covid positive? This may have been a cover story to hide the marks from previous abuse. Social worker should have asked to see him through the window or from his bedroom door.
yes AW got a text the next day saying he could come out of isolation.

the social worker stood at the door for 20 minutes I think? how did she not hear anything? was he told to keep quiet? :(

I always think of baby P with the chocolate all over his face to hide the bruises. Did it never occur to the social worker to say "Goodness, look at you! Let's wipe all this chocolate off so I can see your beautiful face!" Something, anything, to properly assess a vulnerable, at risk, toddler? It absolutely breaks my heart that these babies are being failed time and time again.

Reactions: 22
Yeah I am - this case passed me by a bit back in the day so I’m finding it really interesting

Reactions: 2
Anyone watching 24 Hours regarding Rikki Neave?
I did. I watched another documentary about the case recently (think it might have also been channel 4?) and it felt like this was repeating a lot of it. But I’m guessing tomorrows one will be more of the newer stuff.

Does anyone listen to Redhanded podcast? I have been binging it lately and it is absolutely brilliant.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone listen to Redhanded podcast? I have been binging it lately and it is absolutely brilliant.
I don’t mind it. I can’t completely warm to the hosts though. I’ll give it more of a chance. My fave podcast is True Crime and Cocktails hosted by Lauren Ash (from Superstore) and her cousin Christy. It’s like listening to friends hosting a podcast, they’re so relatable and I just love the banter between them.

I don’t mind it. I can’t completely warm to the hosts though. I’ll give it more of a chance. My fave podcast is True Crime and Cocktails hosted by Lauren Ash (from Superstore) and her cousin Christy. It’s like listening to friends hosting a podcast, they’re so relatable and I just love the banter between them.
Will give that one a try! Sounds like my cup of tea.

Reactions: 1

I’ve mentioned before (maybe on here or the podcast thread) that I used to be a huge red handed fan but I now find Hannah unbearable. I still listen but can’t help but notice how full of herself and condescending she in particular has gotten since they became so popular. It’s a shame as usually the episodes are well researched and thought out (bar the few which have had huge clangers in, like when they blamed the fans for Hillsborough and had to issue an apology and do an episode on what had actually happened)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve mentioned before (maybe on here or the podcast thread) that I used to be a huge red handed fan but I now find Hannah unbearable. I still listen but can’t help but notice how full of herself and condescending she in particular has gotten since they became so popular. It’s a shame as usually the episodes are well researched and thought out (bar the few which have had huge clangers in, like when they blamed the fans for Hillsborough and had to issue an apology and do an episode on what had actually happened)
I tried them once and didn’t even last an episode, they sounded way too thirsty and irritating. I’ll stick with podcasters who thoroughly study cases they cover 😐

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.