Real Life Crime and Murder #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The stabbing is making me think of the little girl killed in a park by a woman who was mentally unwell. Can't remember the details as I think I might be conflating two cases - one where a girl was stabbed by her sister who was a teenager too.
It said on the news that the area has a lot of Eastern European families living there

Reactions: 1
Lucy Letby has appeared in court today.

It's clear from this, as we suspected, that there are now massive reporting restrictions in place on the case - for example, the names of the deceased children were previously released.

Good on the judge I say. He has stamped his authority all over this and has put a stop to the highly prejudicial reporting that was sadly a big feature of this case early on. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial. Everyone.

Reactions: 21
I've now watched the Ben Oliver sentencing remarks in full. Very interesting and very strong mitigating circumstances. Of course he has been convicted of manslaughter and has a prior conviction for child sexual offences. But he is an absolute product of his upbringing. There is a tipping point where the children we pity who grow up in these horrendous, environments that we can even imagine, turn into adults. Their brains are irrevocably damaged by the physical, sexual or emotional abuse they suffer. Who knows what sort of adults Baby P, Arthur or Star would have grown into but you can be sure that they would be broken by it .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.