Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our in-laws have a dog, it’s a lovely thing, been brought up around kids. But if they leave the room and any kids are there they take the dog or kids. They said they trust the dog 99.9 % but for that tiny chance they won’t risk it
That's good. Yes, it avoids putting pressure on the dog too. We would never allow our dog to guard family members. Made it clear that it was our job to keep them safe, not hers. She was far more relaxed as a result.

Reactions: 5
Our in-laws have a dog, it’s a lovely thing, been brought up around kids. But if they leave the room and any kids are there they take the dog or kids. They said they trust the dog 99.9 % but for that tiny chance they won’t risk it
this is the most sensible way.

you can ultimately have the most docile chilled dog in the world but if someone accidentally catches it or startles it then you don’t know how it’s going to react. a dog’s natural instinct most of the time is to lash out.

bringing a dog immediately into a home with a very young baby and expecting them both to adapt to each other is just a bad mix. babies don’t really know how to act around dogs, a dog in a new home may not be used to a baby. you have to put work into letting them get used to each other.

Reactions: 6
Just to add to the dog discussion my friend had what appeared to be the most docile and friendly dog. One night it turned on one of her teenage sons causing nasty injuries. The dog wasn’t provoked in any way and the incident was witnessed by my friend and the rest of her family. They had to drag the dog off her son. She admitted that had she not witnessed the incident she would have been absolutely convinced her son had provoked/teased the dog as it was so unexpected. They ended up having the dog put to sleep as they couldn’t chance it happening again

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Just to add to the dog discussion my friend had what appeared to be the most docile and friendly dog. One night it turned on one of her teenage sons causing nasty injuries. The dog wasn’t provoked in any way and the incident was witnessed by my friend and the rest of her family. They had to drag the dog off her son. She admitted that had she not witnessed the incident she would have been absolutely convinced her son had provoked/teased the dog as it was so unexpected. They ended up having the dog put to sleep as they couldn’t chance it happening again
Aw what an awful situation. I hope your friend and her family aren’t too traumatised. When dogs lose it it is awful.

Reactions: 4
I don’t have an unpredictable dog. I have a loving, soppy hound. However, I would never ever leave him alone with a child. You never know and it’s not worth the risk.

Angel Lynns kidnapper has had his sentence increased! Still don’t think it’s long enough personally 😞
Not long enough at all but with how the British justice system is it’s so much better than what they originally gave him. I think the excuse for not increasing his accomplice’s sentence was pathetic (The judge said Sansome's sentence 'should have been longer' but that, in all the circumstances, including the fact he is close to being released, the court decided not to alter it).

Absolutely heartbroken again to hear of another innocent child killed because their parents were too stupid NOT to keep a dangerous animal in the same house 😡 unfortunately I don’t think this will be the last one either. Poor little angel. What goes through these parents’ minds getting a dog like that? I’ll never understand it.
The parents said she died from a sudden accident which implies no one was at fault which is wrong. The mum and dad are to blame for their daughter’s death because they let a dog, from all accounts a staffy/pitbull, live with their child. They didn’t have it muzzled (especially as it was just in their house for a week), was there even any training going on? I also read online that they left the baby alone with the dog which just beggars belief. How can you be so stupid?

Reactions: 8
Not long enough at all but with how the British justice system is it’s so much better than what they originally gave him. I think the excuse for not increasing his accomplice’s sentence was pathetic (The judge said Sansome's sentence 'should have been longer' but that, in all the circumstances, including the fact he is close to being released, the court decided not to alter it).

The parents said she died from a sudden accident which implies no one was at fault which is wrong. The mum and dad are to blame for their daughter’s death because they let a dog, from all accounts a staffy/pitbull, live with their child. They didn’t have it muzzled (especially as it was just in their house for a week), was there even any training going on? I also read online that they left the baby alone with the dog which just beggars belief. How can you be so stupid?
I read that they had only had the dog for a week. And police were tracking down previous owners. That to me implies it was a rescue dog. It clearly wasn’t a puppy. However, I disagree with most comments about staffies. I have a staffy cross and she is the most lovable softy dog ever. I’ve had a lot of other breeds previously and my staffy is the one I trust the most (not completely, of course). But she is the only dog I’ve had that has never even growled at me, let alone barked etc. to tar all ‘staff/bull breeds’ with the same brush is almost like saying all blonde people are the same etc

Reactions: 17
I read that they had only had the dog for a week. And police were tracking down previous owners. That to me implies it was a rescue dog. It clearly wasn’t a puppy. However, I disagree with most comments about staffies. I have a staffy cross and she is the most lovable softy dog ever. I’ve had a lot of other breeds previously and my staffy is the one I trust the most (not completely, of course). But she is the only dog I’ve had that has never even growled at me, let alone barked etc. to tar all ‘staff/bull breeds’ with the same brush is almost like saying all blonde people are the same etc
Pit bulls can look very similar to Staffys but are a banned breed, they probably want to check whether the previous owners have the paperwork for the dog and if they bred it they may have broken the law.

Reactions: 4
To add to the dangerous dog discussion, we had a family dog for over ten years. One morning he suddenly growled at my father un provoked, a week later he snapped at my mother. That was it, dog was gone. My siblings and I were devestated, called them the dog murderer. But they were absolutely right. So so sad, dog ownership should be regulated for aggressive breeds.

I assume it wasn't a rescue dog from a dog's home etc, I'm sure they don't allow adoptions of dogs with young children in the household?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t think it should matter what type of dog it is. Wether it was a Jack Russell or an Alsatian - a child is dead. I think the parents should be reprimanded!

It wouldn’t surprise me if they either got the dog for free from a friend of a friend, or Gumtree or something. There’s a lot of feckless people out there swapping unwanted dogs that way.

• Angry
  • Sad
It wouldn’t surprise me if they either got the dog for free from a friend of a friend, or Gumtree or something. There’s a lot of feckless people out there swapping unwanted dogs that way.

Sorry for the daily fail article, but you’re not wrong☹😞

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Sorry for the daily fail article, but you’re not wrong☹😞
Why would you have a dog that powerful around a baby?

Why would you have a dog that powerful around a baby?
to add, the mother is now crowdfunding for funeral costs.

• Angry
Does anybody else listen to the “they walk among us” podcast? Just listened to this one on the story of Caroline Kayll …. Such a mad weird story !

Does anybody else listen to the “they walk among us” podcast? Just listened to this one on the story of Caroline Kayll …. Such a mad weird story !
She was a wrongun... The trial was interesting as they had to avoid the elephant in the room that she was a teacher sleeping with her vulnerable 15yr old student. The bloke should have just shopped her to the police if he wanted her to suffer

I’ve lost a child, you don’t pay penny for anything, under 18 funerals are covered and any extras are usually covered by the funeral home themselves or a charity which they claim from. I refuse to ever donate since I found this out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

I’ve lost a child, you don’t pay penny for anything, under 18 funerals are covered and any extras are usually covered by the funeral home themselves or a charity which they claim from. I refuse to ever donate since I found this out.
im very very sorry for your loss.
I imagine they’ll want some kind of ‘extra’ for the funeral.
shame the same care and attention wasn’t given when buying ’a dog off a mate’.

Reactions: 22

I never knew that about under 18s . I've donated in the past but won't do again 😡

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.