Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this article is 2004 & says Victoria was 32
So Victoria Clarke would be 50 now.
Funny she has never been vocal..

I’ve just put it in out if curiosity. I watched when first aired but forgot most of it. They said Steven was 23 and Victoria was 22.
I also noticed that ‘mum’ lacks eye contact when telling her ‘story’. Very strange behaviour from both parents. Possibly because they are numb by the whole experience but they come across as guilty in my eyes

Reactions: 8
I’ve just put it in out if curiosity. I watched when first aired but forgot most of it. They said Steven was 23 and Victoria was 22.
I also noticed that ‘mum’ lacks eye contact when telling her ‘story’. Very strange behaviour from both parents. Possibly because they are numb by the whole experience but they come across as guilty in my eyes
Just watched this tonight myself, having seen it discussed here.

Extremely strange behaviour from the parents. Father came across a cantankerous old git and the mother seemed so insincere. Alarmed by their elation at no longer being suspects. Perturbed that their son is missing, presumed murdered, yet they don’t seem overly concerned. That’s just the impressions the programme left me with. Never heard of this case before reading about it here but now I’m really intrigued, apologies if that sounds morbid.

Reactions: 9
Just watched this tonight myself, having seen it discussed here.

Extremely strange behaviour from the parents. Father came across a cantankerous old git and the mother seemed so insincere. Alarmed by their elation at no longer being suspects. Perturbed that their son is missing, presumed murdered, yet they don’t seem overly concerned. That’s just the impressions the programme left me with. Never heard of this case before reading about it here but now I’m really intrigued, apologies if that sounds morbid.
I completely agree. Maybe too much time has passed and they aren’t as emotional about it any more. Maybe they made their peace before. However, I still found their behaviour strange. Like yourself and others have said, their reaction to being ‘let off’ was strange. They haven’t been proven innocent, they just haven’t got enough evidence against them to be proven guilty. There’s a difference

Reactions: 11
Just came across this to be shown on ch4 9pm tomorrow, from reading the article I'm confused how he wasn't done with manslaughter at the least? Would it be the same outcome if he was poor and lived on a council estate?

Reactions: 8
I didn't either but I really don't know what to think about this case . Would love to hear some of your thoughts .
I tend to think the most obvious scenario is the case here. If I remember correctly the weight of the collection from the bin lorry was very strange and extremely heavier than usual. I think unfortunately he did crawl into a bin and was then taken to that landfill site and he will never be found. It's such a sad case, can't even imagine how his family deal with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Didn't know there was a sort of inquest going on regarding this case at the moment = Corrie McKeague inquest jury begins deliberations over how missing Suffolk airman died | ITV News Anglia What's everyone's thoughts on this?
I think they will still say he went into the bin and then into landfill. Too many mistakes early on and things missed. I’m local and very torn on what I think happened. While I think it is possible he ran away from his life, I don’t believe he would have done it that night, he’d been drinking heavily and when his girlfriend then announced she was pregnant, how could he not want to be part of it? Unless he really was deeply unhappy with every aspect of his life. I think the most feasible answer is landfill because of his phone signal and he disappeared without a trace into that courtyard.

Reactions: 14
I think he crawled into a bin too. Especially as he had form for doing things like that more than once in the past.

I was surprised to hear that an inquest was happening so long after the event - why is that? Covid delays, or was it because there couldn’t be an inquest for someone not confirmed to be dead?

This is bizarre. Why did they erase the data? Presumably because the overweight bin should have raised the alarm for them to check the contents? God, what a mess.

Reactions: 12
I've mentioned this before on here but for anyone who missed it. Soon after Corrie went missing we had CID turn up at my office in central London to interview a young intern (male) who had spent the night with Corrie a few nights before he went missing. When it was put to his parents that he may have been wrestling with his sexuality his dad was furious (which says it all!) and denied his son could ever be gay because he had a girlfriend !
We spoke to the intern after the detectives had finished with him. He was extremely shaken up but confirmed that Corrie was 100% gay or bi-sexual and regularly had Grinder hook-ups. Poor lad clearly had some demons.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I've mentioned this before on here but for anyone who missed it. Soon after Corrie went missing we had CID turn up at my office in central London to interview a young intern (male) who had spent the night with Corrie a few nights before he went missing. When it was put to his parents that he may have been wrestling with his sexuality his dad was furious (which says it all!) and denied his son could ever be gay because he had a girlfriend !
We spoke to the intern after the detectives had finished with him. He was extremely shaken up but confirmed that Corrie was 100% gay or bi-sexual and regularly had Grinder hook-ups. Poor lad clearly had some demons.
His family are assholes, especially his mother. She is or was a policewoman and that is why she was never investigated for tampering with evidence.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
His family are assholes, especially his mother. She is or was a policewoman and that is why she was never investigated for tampering with evidence.
Oh really? What did she/they do re tampering with evidence?
Knew she was a FLO & had empathy with her.

Reactions: 1
Oh really? What did she/they do re tampering with evidence?
Knew she was a FLO & had empathy with her.
She deleted pld messages from Corrie and withheld information from the investigation- there was a lot of Corrie stuff on Reddit at the time and the evidence for this was posted there (I think from actual police comments)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Horrific.

But why did I know that a “looks like a pit bull” would be involved? And whilst recognising the parents grief, at some point you have to address the elephant in the room at ask WTF they were thinking bringing a dog like that into an environment with a young child.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.