Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember watching a documentary about the Philpotts. Literally days after the fire they were in the pub up on karaoke singing “suspicious minds”. So vile, those poor children.
On the Wikipedia I read it said the police bugged their hotel room and heard Mairead performing a sex act on someone. Just horrific…could not imagine engaging in anything like that when six children had lost their lives in a fire. What a horrific family. Hope those poor children did not suffer and just passed away in their beds none the wiser

• Sad
Reactions: 19
On the Wikipedia I read it said the police bugged their hotel room and heard Mairead performing a sex act on someone. Just horrific…could not imagine engaging in anything like that when six children had lost their lives in a fire. What a horrific family. Hope those poor children did not suffer and just passed away in their beds none the wiser
Terrible case.

Reactions: 3
Just unbelievable. When reading things like this I always think of how the police investigating must have felt when things like this are happening. I do hope they get proper support, it must stay with you.

Reactions: 12
i’m from the area, known people who lived on the street when it happened. literally everyone in south wales will tell you that dai morris is innocent and it was a police coverup. the forensic way the crime scene was set up and cleaned speaks volumes, not to mention the behaviour of the (twin) police officer brothers. bbc wales did an excellent article on it a few months back which i’ll try and find, but all evidence points to it being a miscarriage of justice.

edit: here is the article i was thinking of:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54590367
I’ve just watched Murder in the Valleys, I’m really interested in this case.
I find it really frustrating that the police didn’t do a better job of investigating the Lewises & showing more transparency. If they had there might be a stronger feeling of Dai Morris being guilty. How can a force investigate their own officers? Alison Lewis used to report into Martyn Lloyd-Evans. He clearly showed a favourable bias towards the Lewises.

and now the police won’t release the recent forensics report on the sock-why? Forensics, like all evidence, need to be scrutinised.
Also, there wasn’t actually much evidence against Dai Morris was there? The chain, his violent past & the fact he lied.
Guess we’ll never know. Be interested to see how the Lewises lives have played out over the years…

If that is karen matthews, i think she looks bigger there than she did when she was in the news, yet the mail keeps saying shes lost weight. Unless she put on weight in prison i suppose.

Reactions: 2
Wow, David Smith came across very well. He was an absolute hero. He was vilified at the time, but he saved the lives of countless more children, because if he hadn't gone to the police when he did Brady and Hindley would have gone on killing, and probably would have killed David himself.

He was pretty much driven out of the UK and moved to Ireland where he remarried and lived the rest of his life.
I read his book a few years ago. He and his second wife ran a B&B in Ireland and I think he was happy there.

I hope he's at peace now.

Reactions: 11
Is anyone watching the I, Sniper series on Channel 4 about the Washington Sniper?They started showing it at 10pm then pushed it back to 11pm now 12...musnt be getting bad viewing figures....
The shooter is one cold motherfucker..

Reactions: 1
Is anyone watching the I, Sniper series on Channel 4 about the Washington Sniper?They started showing it at 10pm then pushed it back to 11pm now 12...musnt be getting bad viewing figures....
The entire series was made available from the first ep’s airing so the figures wouldn’t matter so much if everyone binged a few weeks back, which I did.

im watching it - I’m finding it absolutely fascinating.
Unfortunately the first episode was background/ scene setting and quite slow so a lot of viewers may have switched off. The tension ramps up quickly in episode 2 though.

Reactions: 2
im watching it - I’m finding it absolutely fascinating.
Unfortunately the first episode was background/ scene setting and quite slow so a lot of viewers may have switched off. The tension ramps up quickly in episode 2 though.
Hes very cold isn't he...the way he speaks....I don't think he was groomed as such,I think he would have gone down a bad road anyway.

The moving mugshots are awful.
i’m glad someone else said this! i haven’t watched the programme but the advert had their mugshots moving and i found it deeply unsettling. there’s something so odd about watching people i only remember from photographs move like that (if that makes any sense!)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.