Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find it so strange there are photos of her with the baby etc, why would you make this effort if you had no interest/hated it?
Some posed pictures to make life seem perfect to other people while the reality was she may of already been injured when they were taken 😞 It said the dad took over night feeds because the mum would lose patience with her, just so sad for that little baby ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I just find it so strange there are photos of her with the baby etc, why would you make this effort if you had no interest/hated it?
They want the attention, the likes on fb, the comments. I recently saw a post of an American couple who were posting cute photos of them and their baby, while behind closed doors abusing him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Some posed pictures to make life seem perfect to other people while the reality was she may of already been injured when they were taken 😞 It said the dad took over night feeds because the mum would lose patience with her, just so sad for that little baby ☹
true... god it is just so awful, I just cannot fathom how anyone can do this

• Sad
Reactions: 2
How can you have sympathy for someone who allowed her baby to be abused and killed? The article said she had 16 fractured ribs and would of been in considerable pain and that’s not including the 3 separate head injury’s! She was born premature and would of been tiny and totally helpless 😡
Because the mother wasn't the one to do it as far as we know, and it seems like a lot of the relationship dynamics were missing

She's a bad person but I can still sympathise with the fact that the relationship was seemingly unhealthy, so she couldn't provide the care the child needed, and she clearly wasn't ready to be a mother to some degree
Sadly not everything is black and white in these situations

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Horrible little squirt. I hope there were not other victims that were too scared to come forward, those 2 girls were very brave.

Reactions: 4
How can you have sympathy for someone who allowed her baby to be abused and killed? The article said she had 16 fractured ribs and would of been in considerable pain and that’s not including the 3 separate head injury’s! She was born premature and would of been tiny and totally helpless 😡
So, for me, I can empathise with her because she has lost her child and she must carry enormous guilt. I can think about all the different strands that could have contributed, so did she have a mental health issue, post natal depression, general depression etc, was the relationship abusive or coercive?, did she have another diagnosis the public weren't aware of or even one that was an issue but wasn't diagnosed.

I can look at her background and accept that she may have suffered trauma. That's not to suggest that all people in her situation have the same experience because you can't generalise. It's definitely wrong to suggest that just because she had been in the care system she would be an inferior parent. That's straight up tosh. However, it would also be wrong to dismiss her experiences and their potential influence.

From the little information we gave it seems she wasn't coping. I can empathise with this whilst also acknowledging her actions (or inaction) was wrong.

In a similar situation, and this will be unpopular, I can empathise with Shamima Begum having lost three of her children. It must have been beyond difficult for her. I can look at the situation rationally and know that she was 17, so still a minor, when she made that decision and that immature people make mistakes. So too, I can understand that whilst it might be kind to give people a second chance, it just isn't sensible. So despite my bleeding heart, lefty liberal tendencies, even I believe that it's the right choice not to allow her home (in part due to learning about the alleged involvement of other members of her family with nefarious business).

I think my point is that it is perfectly possible to see all sides of a situation, to empathise and try to understand, without that meaning you condone the actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So, for me, I can empathise with her because she has lost her child and she must carry enormous guilt. I can think about all the different strands that could have contributed, so did she have a mental health issue, post natal depression, general depression etc, was the relationship abusive or coercive?, did she have another diagnosis the public weren't aware of or even one that was an issue but wasn't diagnosed.

I can look at her background and accept that she may have suffered trauma. That's not to suggest that all people in her situation have the same experience because you can't generalise. It's definitely wrong to suggest that just because she had been in the care system she would be an inferior parent. That's straight up tosh. However, it would also be wrong to dismiss her experiences and their potential influence.

From the little information we gave it seems she wasn't coping. I can empathise with this whilst also acknowledging her actions (or inaction) was wrong.

In a similar situation, and this will be unpopular, I can empathise with Shamima Begum having lost three of her children. It must have been beyond difficult for her. I can look at the situation rationally and know that she was 17, so still a minor, when she made that decision and that immature people make mistakes. So too, I can understand that whilst it might be kind to give people a second chance, it just isn't sensible. So despite my bleeding heart, lefty liberal tendencies, even I believe that it's the right choice not to allow her home (in part due to learning about the alleged involvement of other members of her family with nefarious business).

I think my point is that it is perfectly possible to see all sides of a situation, to empathise and try to understand, without that meaning you condone the actions.
I understand what you are saying and it’s only right that we try to empathise with people as that is what makes us good people. It also helps in stopping these awful things from happening again. But for me when a baby or child is hurt, you often see comments saying maybe the mum had post natal depression maybe she was being abused the same is never said about the dad. She’s gone to prison so was obviously not innocent. The only victim was the baby who was left to suffer, it wasn’t a one off moment of anger which a part of me can sympathise with, it was abuse for weeks until she died and that I just can’t excuse ☹

Reactions: 2
I understand what you are saying and it’s only right that we try to empathise with people as that is what makes us good people. It also helps in stopping these awful things from happening again. But for me when a baby or child is hurt, you often see comments saying maybe the mum had post natal depression maybe she was being abused the same is never said about the dad. She’s gone to prison so was obviously not innocent. The only victim was the baby who was left to suffer, it wasn’t a one off moment of anger which a part of me can sympathise with, it was abuse for weeks until she died and that I just can’t excuse ☹
I mean if we really consider it the law isn’t always “fair” because often it takes a very narrow view of circumstances and slaps you with a guilty/not guilty. Family law apparently has a bit more discretion given to the judges but criminal/tort is very much set in precedent so her home life wouldn’t be considered in much detail, and it sounds like it was not.

If anything I’m more critical of the news smearing her with a black brush rather than setting out the full facts

On a more unrelated note, has anyone heard of Renee Bach? She established her own NGO in Uganda and was criticised for portraying herself as a doctor, leading to 150 deaths of children, at least in the filed court case. It's not really a straight up murder case but I'm listening to a podcast about it (The Missionary) and it is rather interesting, and has a bigger discussion about all these 'white saviours' in Africa and other developing countries

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
On a more unrelated note, has anyone heard of Renee Bach? She established her own NGO in Uganda and was criticised for portraying herself as a doctor, leading to 150 deaths of children, at least in the filed court case. It's not really a straight up murder case but I'm listening to a podcast about it (The Missionary) and it is rather interesting, and has a bigger discussion about all these 'white saviours' in Africa and other developing countries
Yes! Omg it's horrific.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

This was mentioned a few days ago but I'm bringing it up again. I live in Northumberland and my mind is blown by this case 🤯🤯🤯

Disgusting all of it. That woman is a disgrace the police will be having a nightmare with this. I don't feel like it's being discussed anywhere - all of SM reporting is shut down with comments closed etc.

The chronicle report the 15yr old as 'her teen lover' in one article and say the defendant attempted to murder a 'child'. So her child lover then? Call it as it is. The woman was a total hot mess serial predator. Honestly my blood is boiling 😂

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Anyone watch The Detectives on BBC2? All about organised crime in Manchester. Another level on scumbag again. Drugs seem a nasty nasty business.

Anyone watch The Detectives on BBC2? All about organised crime in Manchester. Another level on scumbag again. Drugs seem a nasty nasty business.
No but I will now, I’ve had enough of say yes to the dress 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
John warbouys the black cab driver raped over 100 women !! Holy tit it's only because there's a trailer for a program on ch5 tonight about him ..how was he getting away with those kinds of numbers without being caught

• Wow
John warbouys the black cab driver raped over 100 women !! Holy tit it's only because there's a trailer for a program on ch5 tonight about him ..how was he getting away with those kinds of numbers without being caught
so dreadful.From what I remember he’s been kept in prison.

Reactions: 1
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
This sounds horribly reminiscent of Jordan Burling who died at home in Leeds in 2016 😞

❗Graphic content❗
there was a death due due to gross neglect reported in Manchester yesterday. No firm details yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
there was a death due due to gross neglect reported in Manchester yesterday. No firm details yet.
Yeah, I saw that one too 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The Detectives Fighting Organised Crime programme omg bloody scary! Absolute savages, I had to keep looking away from the TV! I know the victims are not innocent themselves being drug dealers etc but wow, it made me feel sick that. You know they will be straight out of prison and back on the same tit, scum bags.

The one woman on the programme who thinks she got out of the cab but also she isn’t sure

what a horrible thing

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.