Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not too far off though if you have no where else to go and no/little idea how you may be able to access the resources you need
Uncertainty is very scary, especially if she has had experience with it before

Duty of care or not, I have sympathy for her
Sympathy? The only person there should be sympathy for is that poor little girl.
If I got threatened to be thrown out I would pick up my baby and gather our stuff and find somewhere SAFE for us to go. I wouldn't sit there and watch and allow my baby to be killed, for anything or anyone.
Both disgusting people and deserve to be locked up. They both let her down.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I couldn’t find it on the old thread either but I think this is it

Just finishes reading it.
My goodness how complex. So is the dad her half brother, was he the father of all of them?Makes me if the boys difficulties due to incest?

Sympathy? The only person there should be sympathy for is that poor little girl.
If I got threatened to be thrown out I would pick up my baby and gather our stuff and find somewhere SAFE for us to go. I wouldn't sit there and watch and allow my baby to be killed, for anything or anyone.
Both disgusting people and deserve to be locked up. They both let her down.
I too agree. However you and I are both have self esteem and strength to walk out. Im not making excuses for the mum. I wouldn’t really call her mum, she seem too selfish- putting her safety before her daughter. But her past hasn’t given her the best outcome statistically.

Reactions: 6
Just finishes reading it.
My goodness how complex. So is the dad her half brother, was he the father of all of them?Makes me if the boys difficulties due to incest?

I too agree. However you and I are both have self esteem and strength to walk out. Im not making excuses for the mum. I wouldn’t really call her mum, she seem too selfish- putting her safety before her daughter. But her past hasn’t given her the best outcome statistically.
Yes true but I wouldn't have sympathy, I'm sure alot of people haven't had the best up bringings but are incredibly protective of their children. X

This is quite an interesting read.
The death of lucy mchugh. She was in relationship with a 27 yr old man when she was only 12. She was known to SS due to domestic violence between mum and her partners. The killer was a lodger at their house. I have no idea how her parents didnt realise she was in a relationship with him. Anyway, https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/R-v-Nicholson-sentencing-remarks.pdf.
I remember reading some of the press coverage. Like you, I can’t see how the parents didn’t suspect anything- but maybe they assumed there was no way their 12year old was having sex, much less that a 24 year old would even think about that. RIP Lucy - what an awful way to go 😢

Reactions: 3
This is quite an interesting read.
The death of lucy mchugh. She was in relationship with a 27 yr old man when she was only 12. She was known to SS due to domestic violence between mum and her partners. The killer was a lodger at their house. I have no idea how her parents didnt realise she was in a relationship with him. Anyway, https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/R-v-Nicholson-sentencing-remarks.pdf.
I remember reading about this when it was in the news. Such an awful story, she was so young to be having to deal with him and having him in the same house must have been suffocating. I can’t believe her parents didn’t pick up on anything

Blimey that's awful, she really didn't look 12/13 at all I genuinely thought she was 16/17 at first glance.

Blimey that's awful, she really didn't look 12/13 at all I genuinely thought she was 16/17 at first glance.
She does look older than 12, he would’ve known though living in her house. Though he has no excuse whatsoever.

Reactions: 6
This is a weird one,bit suspicious.👀
i looked at this when it was on this morning the other week. There was a report from a friend that she would be out with them and just up and disappear without saying goodbye or letting anyone know she was going!
This does all sound a bit suss..cant the police get a warrant?

Reactions: 4
Not a murder but a crime story - what does everyone think about the case of Joshua Boyle and Caitlan Coleman? They went hiking in Afghanistan and were kidnapped by the Taliban.

• Wow
  • Sad
There was an incident years ago where a very young girl was stabbed in a park and IIRC it was her older sister, or another young girl that had killed her. I remember lots of reports at the time but it was minimal information and I’ve heard nothing since. Does anyone remember this? The tragic case of Emily Jones reminded me of it 💔

Reactions: 2
There was an incident years ago where a very young girl was stabbed in a park and IIRC it was her older sister, or another young girl that had killed her. I remember lots of reports at the time but it was minimal information and I’ve heard nothing since. Does anyone remember this? The tragic case of Emily Jones reminded me of it 💔
I think that was Katie Rough and my understanding is that it was her sister or possibly step sister who killed her. I believe she had mental health problems. I think a lot of it was kept out of the media for obvious reasons.

I think that was Katie Rough and my understanding is that it was her sister or possibly step sister who killed her. I believe she had mental health problems. I think a lot of it was kept out of the media for obvious reasons.
Thank you, this is what I was thinking of. It looks to have been the step sister, tragic.

Reactions: 1
Gosh the Emily Jones case broke me 😢 I cant get my head around it even now a year later. That poor little girl and her parents 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I can't believe she only got 8-10 years, absolutely shocking. Poor family
I know it’s shocking. She surely can’t ever walk freely again? I wonder if anyone on this thread who is more familiar with sentencing etc could shed some light on this? She was their only child aswell, I don’t know how those poor parents are still standing. I just wouldn’t want to live if that had happened to my children 😢

• Sad
She got away with manslaughter and diminished responsibility, she had severe schizophrenia. Judge extended it from 8 to 10. I think she is in for life but 10 years in a mental health prison? I might be wrong. I doubt she will be released if they think she is a threat to the public.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.