Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Detectives Fighting Organised Crime programme omg bloody scary! Absolute savages, I had to keep looking away from the TV! I know the victims are not innocent themselves being drug dealers etc but wow, it made me feel sick that. You know they will be straight out of prison and back on the same tit, scum bags.
Was this the one with kidnappings last night?? It was unreal, the main criminal was just evil. How that female detective kept calm when he kept saying he was going to get her😱 also ‘blowtorched ears and ironed knees!’ WTAF

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What I found incredible was the when the very young boy said “will they kill daddy?” He followed up by saying that they had a revolver - a 6-shooter. so clearly exposed to firearms at that young age.

Paris Bostock was such a dick, walking around the custody suite , ripping his top off off and calling the detective a knob head. He maybe violent and dangerous- he’s also thick and pig ignorant.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That was terrifying what the little boy was saying. I can only imagine what kind of childhood that Paris had though with that other fella being his step father. He was so angry! Seemed like he was mostly giving it the biggun in custody but I wouldn’t have put it past him to thump one of the officers even knowing he was going to get another charge because he’s just got that short fuse that’s uncontrollable.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else been watching Footballs darkest secrets? Its on iplayer.

Reactions: 1
Yes, watched the first episode and half of the second last night. Very sad to think what the boys went through. As a mother of a football loving son, I can’t imagine how the parents feel knowing what their kids went through. You can see they’re still affected to this day. Horrific.

• Sad
Yes, watched the first episode and half of the second last night. Very sad to think what the boys went through. As a mother of a football loving son, I can’t imagine how the parents feel knowing what their kids went through. You can see they’re still affected to this day. Horrific.
I watched the first episode yesterday and was going to watch the second today but for some reason it's no longer available, only the first and third ones are on iplayer now, I'm not sure why that would be. 🤔

I watched the first episode yesterday and was going to watch the second today but for some reason it's no longer available, only the first and third ones are on iplayer now, I'm not sure why that would be. 🤔
Oh no! I’ll check it out when I get home, hopefully it’ll still be there because we were halfway through. I know episode 3 was shown on BBC1 last night after the news.

That John Warboys documentary was shocking. The scale of his crimes man. But also Julie Bindel as a talking head - unnecessary. But the other speakers were very good, and that poor victim having to hear him talk about her and imply that she was just a drunk woman and him trying to do a hard days graft. I'm sure there are many more victims out there.

Oh no! I’ll check it out when I get home, hopefully it’ll still be there because we were halfway through. I know episode 3 was shown on BBC1 last night after the news.
Are you in Northern Ireland?

I’m really confused because I watched episode 1 on sky catch up but it said bbc2 NI. I can’t watch episode 2 it shows next showing Tuesday at 9pm same on bbc site.

Attachments

Last edited:
Are you in Northern Ireland?

I’m really confused because I watched episode 1 on sky catch up but it said bbc2 NI. I can’t watch episode 2 it shows next showing Tuesday at 9pm same on bbc site.
Omg sorry I was talking about Footballs Darkest Secret 🙈😂

North West here (UK) 🙌🏾

• Haha
Yeah, I watched the first episode on Monday night then the next two the following day on iPlayer.

I was obsessed with football in my teens (through to my mid twenties until the nonsense that surrounds Beckham and his equally idiotic wife turned me right off) and I loved David White back in the day, even though I didn't support Manchester City. I actually had a poster of him on my wall - I bought Match and Shoot magazines every week, had Panini sticker albums, watched Saint & Greavsie, the lot 😂

I thought it was excellently put together. It's the type of thing the BBC (and C4) do really well.

My heart goes out to all the victims but, in particular, Ian Ackley. I get the very strong sense he is upset, disappointed and bewildered as to why his participation in the documentary in 1997 didn't create the outcry it should have. All I can say is different times - we're post Saville now so abuse victims are more likely to be listened to and believed - and a different audience. Someone talking live about child sex abuse in football on a popular BBC morning programme was always likely to get more attention than a Despatches show tucked away on C4. Also, and I hate to say it, Andy Woodward had a much more prominent football career. I thought what David White said about Ian Ackley was very touching.

I actually bought DW's book when it came out but have never read it (I do this a lot - I always have too much crime to watch instead) so I really need to dig out my Kindle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Same i only have episode 1 and 3.

I actually bought DW's book when it came out but have never read it (I do this a lot - I always have too much crime to watch instead) so I really need to dig out my Kindle.
I wouldn't mind having a read of this...do you know the name?

I was reading the case of Steven Stayner the other day. He was kidnapped and for years kept captive. When he got older his captor kept trying to kidnap other children and he kept foiling the attempts and disrupting them so they failed. He escaped when he freed another little boy who was kidnapped later on.

He was a hero but his brother turned out to be a serial kiler!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I was reading the case of Steven Stayner the other day. He was kidnapped and for years kept captive. When he got older his captor kept trying to kidnap other children and he kept foiling the attempts and disrupting them so they failed. He escaped when he freed another little boy who was kidnapped later on.

He was a hero but his brother turned out to be a serial kiler!
I have had the book for years and watched the mini series several times. Tragic case. Steven was killed in a motorcycle accident a few years after. And the little boy he rescued, who also became a police officer, died young as well. Then you have the case of Cary and the whole thing is just awful.

Reactions: 5
I have had the book for years and watched the mini series several times. Tragic case. Steven was killed in a motorcycle accident a few years after. And the little boy he rescued, who also became a police officer, died young as well. Then you have the case of Cary and the whole thing is just awful.
I read a bit about it yesterday and his life seemed so tragic. He was made fun of at school for the abuse he had suffered, and struggled to reintegrate with family life. The part that made me really choke up was that the boy he rescued was pall bearer at his funeral :(.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Still there? Don’t know if it’s because I downloaded it yesterday? Possibly forward to the end of the first episode and see if it automatically goes to the second one x

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.