Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched some of it. “duck the police” 1 police officer has been arrested, the rest are working day and night to find him guilty. Things always have to be ruined don’t they.. I posted on FB the other day about it, it’s been shared over 150 times by people I don’t know so I’m getting a lot of comments from men complaining but now I see things like this it makes me wonder why I bother advocating and trying to raise awareness because now people ruining a vigil will be held against us all 🤦🏻‍♀️
All the shouting and roaring at police was AFTER a number of women were physically dragged from the vigil by policemen. They were doing nothing wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All the shouting and roaring at police was AFTER a number of women were physically dragged from the vigil by policemen. They were doing nothing wrong.
I mean they must have been doing something wrong
Of course dragging women in this situation is questionable, but it's a very normal thing in these cases sadly

Reactions: 2
I totally understand the anger and frustration. I feel like screaming with this whole situation, the stories women are sharing, remembering the times I’ve been assaulted and harassed. I want to scream duck you to every boy and man who has ever treated me like that.
But a vigil for Sarah is not the time and not the place. If she was my sister and I saw this happening in her name, I’d be heartbroken.

Reactions: 12
I think it’s a hard one. The government and the police had asked for this to be cancelled, so unfortunately even just by being there they have done something wrong. I think of Sarah every minute of the day since this has happened, and I’m sure every other woman does too, but she nor her family would’ve wanted any of this to happen. I am all for advocating for women, I’m all for raising awareness but we all know too well what happens with things like this, look at BLM, those protests started out well and ended up as riots. It’s just a shame that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Were you there? Genuine question
Of course not. But we are all giving our opinions based on what we have seen on the live stream.

And I've been to political protests as a photographer where peaceful protesters have been manhandled and placards and flags torn from their hands by police.

Edit to add, the police seem to have left the scene now or moved back and strangely enough, everything is quiet and peaceful again.

Hearing that the flowers have been trampled during the commotion :( going to go there on my walk tomorrow and take some flowers to pay my respects to Sarah

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Of course not. But we are all giving our opinions based on what we have seen on the live stream.

And I've been to political protests as a photographer where peaceful protesters have been manhandled and placards and flags torn from their hands by police.

Edit to add, the police seem to have left the scene now or moved back and strangely enough, everything is quiet and peaceful again.
I haven’t seen live streams, I’ve only seen the news which of course is reporting the worst. I don’t have first hand experience but it does always seem that when these things turn into a riot it’s because of a police presence. Some people just don’t how to act though and I’ve no doubts that some where not there for the right reasons and bottom line is they were asked not to be there in the first place.

Guys can I ask a general question please as you seem very clued in. How much evidence do police need, to firstly make an arrest on suspicion of murder and then secondly to charge a suspect with murder?

Peaceful protesters being physically dragged away by the police.
It looks like they're 'heading' the whole thing? So it's hardly a random choice
This is in no way right, but it does look like the police tried talking to them and were ignored. Protest or not, these seem to be banned or limited at the moment anyway

Reactions: 1
Guys can I ask a general question please as you seem very clued in. How much evidence do police need, to firstly make an arrest on suspicion of murder and then secondly to charge a suspect with murder?
DNA, cctv, witnesses basically any hard proof that will almost guarentee a guilty outcome

Reactions: 2
They like to know they have enough to go on to hold a charge so they work to collect as much concrete evidence as possible, one thing say DNA isn’t always enough because it may be argued in some way. They have to present everything to the CPS to make a decision on whether they can charge them or not and sometimes it’s denied for lack of evidence. I’m literally only going on what I read and seen on TV, someone with a more professional insight may be able to answer better.

In this case he was first arrested for kidnap which the cctv got him on, the murder arrest came later-perhaps when they found remains.

Reactions: 3
It looks like they're 'heading' the whole thing? So it's hardly a random choice
This is in no way right, but it does look like the police tried talking to them and were ignored. Protest or not, these seem to be banned or limited at the moment anyway

The police make choices. They could have stood back and allowed the vigil/protest to happen or they could have gone in and physically restrained people. Which decision do you think would be the wisest one in this situation for all parties?

This is the girl from the video after being pushed to the floor.

1615668924389.png

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
All just things I've picked up being a true crime nerd, but my thoughts are:

I think for arrest on suspicion it would need to be evidence linking a person to the time and place of the crime (i.e., in this case, there have been numerous reports of his car / him being spotted on CCTV near Sarah and the place she was last seen)

To be charged I would imagine there would need to be some actual physical evidence like DNA, clothing, weapons, items from the victim found in their possession and of course a body (it's a lot harder to charge & convict someone in a no body crime)

Reactions: 4
DNA, cctv, witnesses basically any hard proof that will almost guarentee a guilty outcome
They like to know they have enough to go on to hold a charge so they work to collect as much concrete evidence as possible, one thing say DNA isn’t always enough because it may be argued in some way. They have to present everything to the CPS to make a decision on whether they can charge them or not and sometimes it’s denied for lack of evidence. I’m literally only going on what I read and seen on TV, someone with a more professional insight may be able to answer better.

In this case he was first arrested for kidnap which the cctv got him on, the murder arrest came later-perhaps when they found remains.
Thank you. In Sarah's case is the CCTV footage the only evidence they have so far (that we're aware of)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.