Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wibble

VIP Member
I’m really intrigued by the murderous primary school teacher case - in particular, what their relationship was like and the factors that led to this.

I saw an interview with his mum, where she referred to him as a ‘cheeky boy…you know how boys are’ or something like that. Well, he was a man, not a boy. And I think ‘cheeky’ can be used as a more palatable term to describe all kinds of problematic behaviour. From that short snippet, I guessed that his mum probably coddled him, let him do as he pleased, never held him accountable for his actions and put him on a pedestal. He was probably looking for another version of his mum in his partner and was disappointed to find out that she wasn’t quite as forgiving as his mum.

The teacher’s actions clearly tormented her for her to develop mental health problems and write it all down to purge herself of it. But that doesn’t excuse her actions either.
Was she looking at pictures of him as a kid when she called him a 'cheeky boy'?

Reactions: 1

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
I think the rumoured name on X is an ex BBC sports news presenter who won strictly. But it could be anyone. Normal people were presenting MOTD so unlikely to be Linekar\Shearer\Wright.

But there are so many Sky presenters that it could be... its hard to say.

ETA its likely their child was the victim given the ages involved and the length of time of the abuse, which is very sad.
From what I've heard, it's highly likely BBC sports related.

I think they were potentially arrested last May (although seems weird to seize devices a year later) and they took out an injunction last July - that's probably available online.

wibble

VIP Member
Whaley bridge is under Derbyshire but its right in the North of the county and they've removed alot of resources further south in the county.
It seems to be the way these days.
The move toward Metropolitan mayors only speeds the process.

Violetroselily

VIP Member
I really don’t understand this. I understand paying for days your child is sick and I understand paying for a bank holiday if they are open and you’re just choosing not to use them but paying for a day they aren’t physically open has always seemed ridiculous to me.

And from talking to other parents all it seems to do is ensure Monday is a very quiet day for them with only people who absolutely need Monday, everyone else who is doing 4/3/2 days or has any flexibility (eg a day with grandparents) doesn’t want Monday because of all the days you’re paying for for fuck all.
Nursery staff still need to be paid though

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
The poor boy was Nigerian and went to a well known school n Woodford Green,it’s a beautiful Public school,that poor girl in Nottingham horror also went to that school.

Well,even if he hasn’t MH problems it will be used no doubt.He must have previous.
The police in their statement yesterday late afternoon confirmed that despite checks there were no previous records for him or being known to the police. However, she did say they were still searching.

Bonbon76

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure her wife posted on Facebook so that didn't seem to indicate she was critically ill.

wibble

VIP Member
When will Boone be told she must represent herself? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in any meetings she has with lawyers.
I do have some sympathy with her.
The case is nearly four years old, and the relationship with Torres was violent.
But I suspect her basic problem with the lawyers is that she expects them to lie for her - from what I can see the facts in the case do not match her version of events.

nothinonyou

VIP Member
I’m really intrigued by the murderous primary school teacher case - in particular, what their relationship was like and the factors that led to this.

I saw an interview with his mum, where she referred to him as a ‘cheeky boy…you know how boys are’ or something like that. Well, he was a man, not a boy. And I think ‘cheeky’ can be used as a more palatable term to describe all kinds of problematic behaviour. From that short snippet, I guessed that his mum probably coddled him, let him do as he pleased, never held him accountable for his actions and put him on a pedestal. He was probably looking for another version of his mum in his partner and was disappointed to find out that she wasn’t quite as forgiving as his mum.

The teacher’s actions clearly tormented her for her to develop mental health problems and write it all down to purge herself of it. But that doesn’t excuse her actions either.
was it an abusive relationship? I haven't read too much into it

wibble

VIP Member
There's no need to speak to someone like that. This was becoming a thought provoking, useful discussion. I don't understand why you'd get snide.
What was thought provoking about it?
That the courts are, it appears, taking into account that domestic violence isn't a issue of sex/gender.

And that what Victoria Derbyshire (for her own reasons) was choosing to highlight in the judge remarks, was seemingly the elements of coercive control, which the judge was obliged to consider when passing sentence, which meant the person in this case was sentenced for manslaughter rather than murder.

But instead we veered off into women get it far worse, and there is no justice etc.

So yes, some things are beyond the grasp of some people.

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
I have to agree I can’t see either of them being found guilty of murder. The fact the jury have been out for 2 days leads me to think they will be not guilty. I personally think he his guilty of murder and think Pereria had a lot more involvement.
Agree - and I guess we won't hear anything now until beginning of next week, unless they come back this afternoon.

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
Another dreadful sentence that absolutely should have gone to the crown court, a man lost his life for gods sake.
If you count 5 seconds it is quite a long time not looking at the road ahead and I can understand the family feeling furious.

Instafamouslike

Chatty Member