Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And now a drive-by motorbike shooting outside a restaurant in Dalston Kingsland (perennially dodgy but latterly trendy area of North London). Probably a gang hit but seems a child got in the way.

We're basically Brazil or Mexico now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I doubt there was any insurance. Bad situation, murky waters.
I've seen a few comments on line saying that the reason places like this don't have insurance is that they can't get it as none of the watches are certificated (I know very little about super expensive watches but apparently they should all have proper certification etc - proof of authenticity, ownership and so on. If a genuine watch doesn't have this... it's probably got a shady history, hence no one would insure it).

Reactions: 12
Has anyone watched Tell Them You Love Me?
Bit more about it here
I haven’t seen this but I’m horrified at what I just read. How can a non-verbal man with considerable physical and learning disabilities who is considered to have a mental capacity of a toddler give consent. I’m even more horrified to learn that she only served 22 months. That woman is an abuser who should be locked up.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I agree it is strange to be on the beach that late at night considering the crime that is going on in Bournemouth. There have been multiple sexual assaults around the beaches for a number of years. As a local I wouldn’t be on the beach at that time of night especially in the Bournemouth area. I read somewhere else that the second person was a friend/on a date and Amie had been separated from her wife sine January but obviously don’t know how true that is. The wife had been posting a lot on fb since the murder but since deleted her account I didn’t see any of the posts so don’t know what they said.

the wife/ex wife definitely wasn’t involved she went to the beach over the weekend to put rose petals in the water (this was photographed & possibly filmed). The child was Amie’s step daughter.
Exactly this - I grew up in Bournemouth (now live in Hampshire) but my mum and sister are still there. There's no way I would go to the beach late at night even Durley Chine which is the beach I would choose to go to during the day - Bournemouth beach is just not a nice place to be day or night. The place has changed so much since I left in the 90's. It used to be so safe to go to the beach as kids on the bus and no worries of anything happening to you. There's no way I would let my younger self go there now in the day on my own.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Jurors began deliberating in the Chad Daybell trial yesterday. Surely he will be found guilty on all charges so then would begin penalty phase as he faces the death penalty.

Reactions: 2
Reactions: 17
Why the feck are we paying for kids in Bulgaria at all?
Because the alternative would be cutting the budget of a government department.
It was either this, or a huge order of paper clips.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
  • Heart

Deport every single one of them and ban them from our island for life. We shouldn't be paying to look after them.
It grinds my gears when newspapers add up all the sentences and use that figure. The Mail put 25 years in their headline when the most anyone got was 8. One of them even walked out of court because they served their time on remand :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Plenty are still wrong uns rather than kids being kids who grew up.
This just tells me the ASBO's did duck all. They saw them as a badge of honour in most cases, the photos outside of court smoking etc.

Reactions: 18
I thought they were only suspicious when police were called to do a welfare check on her in a holiday let in Cumbria and found diaries with her confession? I’m guessing that’s when they searched her house and found the mattress and grave.
Yes, it was never a missing person investigation. She used his phone to message people and claimed that he had left her. She claimed they both had Covid for about ten days which was the last time anyone had contact with him. She must have used this time to move his body, bury him and clean-up the house.

She then carried on as normal but I guess the mental impact of what she had done and all the lies she was having to tell began to affect her leading to the welfare check and finding of his body. He wasn't estranged from his family or anything and he was a working builder so I suspect the questions were growing from different sources.

It still shows what, I can't think of the appropriate word, but maybe fwhat a fractured society we are. For example, she invited his mum over for tea and yet the mum clearly wasn't overly concerned that she hadn't actually spoken to him for months. There are so many cases we read of these days where someone isn't missed. The most recent and shocking being the father with his toddler son over Christmas. The there was the really sad one of the lady who died of natural causes in 2020 but even though the neighbours complained of a smell, it was over 2 years before her body was found.

It's a sad indictment on how our society is now.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It made for horrific viewing. She was v unrepentant. The brother annoyed me though, kept trying to make it a racial issue and really, it wasn’t at all.
I thought it rather was actually. White knighting - she knew better than his family.
Deeply disturbing in any event.

20 years seems very crap, she's murdered her partner and buried him under the patio. She will be in her 70s. His mothers victim statement was very powerful.
It's a minimum of 20 years.
Plus she'll be on licence after that.

Always assuming that she isn't released early on appeal when she becomes a cause celebre for some social reform group or another.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.