Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like the police have messed up regarding the Bournemouth stabbing. They did not make it clear with the CCTV images they were looking for that person. Everyone thought it was images of the 17 year old in custody. It’s extremely worrying now that for days there has been a murderer on the loose and I don’t feel like the police has reassured the local public enough. On the local news tonight they said the second woman was a friend. I’m watching sky news now and they are live at the beach and even they said it’s surprising how little the police have said. I don’t think the police have a clue they haven’t been raiding houses or anything and doesn’t look like they are even close to finding the murderer.

Reactions: 13
I feel like the police have messed up regarding the Bournemouth stabbing. They did not make it clear with the CCTV images they were looking for that person. Everyone thought it was images of the 17 year old in custody. It’s extremely worrying now that for days there has been a murderer on the loose and I don’t feel like the police has reassured the local public enough. On the local news tonight they said the second woman was a friend. I’m watching sky news now and they are live at the beach and even they said it’s surprising how little the police have said. I don’t think the police have a clue they haven’t been raiding houses or anything and doesn’t look like they are even close to finding the murderer.
I think it was a random attack you know

Reactions: 5
I think it was a random attack you know
I ageee with you. My friend is a nurse in Bournemouth and she said the scale of the drug problem there is insane, and all stabbings and robberies etc that go with it.

If someone has enemies, or a bad ex or is mixed up in crimes and that leads to their death police normally find out and catch a suspect pretty quick, or it just doesn’t become so high profile in the media.

If it was someone randomly off their head on drugs or a psycho who just wanted to kill they could escape pretty quick and unseen at that time of night and be hard to track down.

those poor women, not even safe in a pair on a beach.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I can't believe there is stock of such high value in easy reach of what looks like a car boot sale table. He has been badly let down by the company to be exposed like that.
Especially as they had been robbed before at a different premise! They should have had security in the room with items that high in value.
Was he working on his own too? So many alarm bells.

Reactions: 10
I feel so sad for that young man and his family. Just absolutely devastating he must have been riddled with anxiety and worry last night… just so sad.

I’ve read that he didn’t think there was enough insurance to cover the loss so he was worried someone would come after his mums house for compensation. It’s just tragic.

• Sad
I totally agree - I feel the comms have been completely confusing.

My understanding was that 2 women stabbed, 1 17y old arrested, he was the assailant.
Then a picture released and Im thinking 'who's this?' possibly a witness?
Then the 17y old is released and they appeal for a murderer? and its the person in the picture?

What a mess.

Reactions: 7
Those watch shops are often not legit (even if they are ltd companies) and the people running them are dodgy as anything, the companies are used as a front for other types of crime. I don't think the poor guy who took his life was any part of that, but I do think he was terrified of ending up the fall guy one way or another. Very sad for him and his family.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I totally agree - I feel the comms have been completely confusing.

My understanding was that 2 women stabbed, 1 17y old arrested, he was the assailant.
Then a picture released and Im thinking 'who's this?' possibly a witness?
Then the 17y old is released and they appeal for a murderer? and its the person in the picture?

What a mess.
Thing is now how can we be sure they have the right person this time? There was an ex police officer who was involved in the Roaul moat case interviewed on sky news tonight and she said it was surprising the police didn’t hold a press conference and were pushing the CCTV images more. Obviously there has been a development tonight and the police weren’t as clueless as I thought. Dorset Police are known to be a joke around here and I hope there is an investigation into how they handled this case. If this involved a family member or friend I would be fuming at the police.

Thing is now how can we be sure they have the right person this time? There was an ex police officer who was involved in the Roaul moat case interviewed on sky news tonight and she said it was surprising the police didn’t hold a press conference and were pushing the CCTV images more. Obviously there has been a development tonight and the police weren’t as clueless as I thought. Dorset Police are known to be a joke around here and I hope there is an investigation into how they handled this case. If this involved a family member or friend I would be fuming at the police.
I wonder if the murder wasn’t on camera/there were no witnesses apart from the victims?
One of them is pretty ill so maybe she couldn’t give a statement?
I would just like to know the motive. It feels very unsafe at the minute with global events. I feel like I’m just waiting for another ‘lone wolf’ type terror attack. And these kind of things leave a worry when they aren’t explained.

Reactions: 6
It's strange that there's not a lot of media coverage when usually there's tonnes of appeals and articles in papers. I read in the paper the other day that there was meant to be a terror attack in Edinburgh involving guns but the NCA found out about it. Things like this terrify me and I know they shouldn't. Just feels the world is getting scarier and something is about to happen.

Just can't imagine losing your loved one and especially in such a random attack it seems, she was just hanging around and he decides to attack. Stranger murders seem to be increasing too.

Reactions: 4
It's strange that there's not a lot of media coverage when usually there's tonnes of appeals and articles in papers. I read in the paper the other day that there was meant to be a terror attack in Edinburgh involving guns but the NCA found out about it. Things like this terrify me and I know they shouldn't. Just feels the world is getting scarier and something is about to happen.

Just can't imagine losing your loved one and especially in such a random attack it seems, she was just hanging around and he decides to attack. Stranger murders seem to be increasing too.
On the subject of terror attacks, I have a friend who worked in security forces for years. He told me there are so many would-be terrorists on their radar and planned attacks are being stopped all the time behind the scenes. Most don’t get very far towards actually doing anything but others come very close before either someone informs on them or intelligence is gathered and they are broken up. He thought I would find this reassuring, that so much is being monitored and prevented, and that the logistics involved make it hard for these people to remain undetected, but I was horrified as it wasn’t something I had really thought about. This was a good few years ago he told me this as well, before the apparent rise in lone wolf incidents.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
On the subject of terror attacks, I have a friend who worked in security forces for years. He told me there are so many would-be terrorists on their radar and planned attacks are being stopped all the time behind the scenes. Most don’t get very far towards actually doing anything but others come very close before either someone informs on them or intelligence is gathered and they are broken up. He thought I would find this reassuring, that so much is being monitored and prevented, and that the logistics involved make it hard for these people to remain undetected, but I was horrified as it wasn’t something I had really thought about. This was a good few years ago he told me this as well, before the apparent rise in lone wolf incidents.
I'd heard this, too from a friend in the police force. It's a constant battle.

Reactions: 11
If anyone is interested in how cold cases are solved, I’ve just finished reading (well listening as it was an audiobook) ‘To hunt a killer’ by Julie Mackay. I thought it was really interesting.

If anyone is interested in how cold cases are solved, I’ve just finished reading (well listening as it was an audiobook) ‘To hunt a killer’ by Julie Mackay. I thought it was really interesting.
That book is amazing. Co-written with Robert Murphy whose new book, Decoy, has just come out. That’s another good read.

Reactions: 3
Those watch shops are often not legit (even if they are ltd companies) and the people running them are dodgy as anything, the companies are used as a front for other types of crime. I don't think the poor guy who took his life was any part of that, but I do think he was terrified of ending up the fall guy one way or another. Very sad for him and his family.
There has to be something more to it. I can't imagine someone killing themselves because they were robbed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.