Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it rather was actually. White knighting - she knew better than his family.
Deeply disturbing in any event.
But why is that racial … I think she would have behaved the same if the ‘relationship’ had developed with a mentally disabled white man. For sure she wanted to be superior but I don‘t believe it was more pronounced because they were different races - more About their different social classes maybe. IMO.

Reactions: 11
A male and a female in their 30s have been arrested in connection with the watch robbery. Which is interesting because the two people that committed the actual robbery were both said to be male.

It's not the directors of 247 Kettles because they're both 26.

Reactions: 9
And now a drive-by motorbike shooting outside a restaurant in Dalston Kingsland (perennially dodgy but latterly trendy area of North London). Probably a gang hit but seems a child got in the way.

We're basically Brazil or Mexico now.
This is not the Britain that I grew up in. Yes we had crime and bad things in the 80s/90s when I was young but shootings were so incredibly rare they were truly shocking. There was Hungerford, there was Dunblane and the Cumbria shootings in 2010 but it was just not something that generally happened. Now it is becoming something you could call a common event. To the point the Dalston horror has not had nearly as much reaction to it as one would expect.

It is appalling our justice system and policing have been weakened to the point that they are. I feel very afraid of the outside world these days.
---
Fiona Beal sentenced to minimum 20 years.

Should have been at least 30, just based on how premeditated it was and her disgustingly callous behaviour after like having a drink with his poor mum knowing her son was dead and buried in the garden. I do think it would have been a longer sentence if she were a man. I think the UK justice system is far too soften on women just for being women - and I am one.

There was an awful story of a woman abusing her spouse and she got merely a suspended sentence, I was apallled.

The organization womeninprison.org greatly concerns me because while I can see where they are coming from to a point, I worry they may be a big part of why there are one too many violent, dangerous women - and women who attack other women over nothing, meaning people like me are at risk - walking the streets. That's assuming the org has as much power as I wonder about, maybe I give them too much credit.
---
This just tells me the ASBO's did duck all. They saw them as a badge of honour in most cases, the photos outside of court smoking etc.
ABSO's were completely useless.

I bleeping despise the Tories but Labour are not going to be any sort of relief if they get in, when they come up with nonsense like this.

Last edited:
Convicted felon and probably president by the autumn. Crazy
Once I would have said "only in America" but British political idiocy is about on par nowadays.
---

He's of course right. He didn't get the justice he deserved.
Her sentenced disgusted and enraged me. What an insult to her victim and the wider public who need protecting from her ilk.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t realise Fiona Beal and Nick Billingham had been together for 17 years! I don’t think 20 years is long enough due to how she planned it and disposed of him after and lied. If he “was manipulative and abusive” and she’d snapped and killed him then rung the police, that’s one thing but to ask him to have a bath, get the cable ties ready etc, it’s all so wrong, she should and could just have left. I do think it’s very strange how he was killed in the November and his mum had to be told by police in the March that he was missing…,I know Fiona had used his phone to text but wouldn’t you have spoken to your son once in 5 months? Especially over Christmas?!

Reactions: 8
It looks like Nick Billingham fathered a child with a woman who worked at the same school as Fiona. The woman is in the press today saying that she can’t understand what drove Fiona to kill…I don’t condone the murder by any stretch but surely this woman can see how she contributed to this situation?

• Sad
Reactions: 25
It looks like Nick Billingham fathered a child with a woman who worked at the same school as Fiona. The woman is in the press today saying that she can’t understand what drove Fiona to kill…I don’t condone the murder by any stretch but surely this woman can see how she contributed to this situation?
I thought the exact same thing. Wasn't even a one night thing, it was on and off since 2011! The kid is now 5.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I really don't understand how sentencing guidelines allow a 16month suspended sentence for manslaughter. Its certainly in the 'unduly lenient' category for me. If you have been found guilty of manslaughter I would argue a custodial sentence is mandatory.

Reactions: 13

I am so beyond horrified and disgusted.

How can any judge let off this MURDERING bleep!

What on earth have we come to? Society really bleeping hates the elderly doesn't it? Jesus Chrsit.
Well the old woman did hit her first.
Which isn't to say that what happened is right, but...

Reactions: 27
She hit her first though. I’m not saying it’s right but she wasn’t to know that shove would kill her.

Reactions: 19
I was actually surprised It went to trial for manslaughter in the first place, but given that she’s been convicted, I thought the sentence would be custodial -and not suspended. I’m guessing the judge, having heard all the evidence, really didn’t think it was a manslaughter case in the first place.

The elderly lady overreacted by swinging her handbag at the other woman and making insulting remarks to her. So it wasn’t completely unprovoked. I don’t know if the courts consider that to be a mitigating factor. But I wonder how much of her aggressiveness was owing to her Alzheimer’s.

The young woman hugely overreacted presumably because she lost her temper. She would’ve been well aware that she would knock the lady down and at the very least, cause her significant injury. She should also have been aware that the lady was potentially confused and suffering with dementia/Alzheimer’s. She also didn’t help the woman after her fall.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.