Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hit her first though. I’m not saying it’s right but she wasn’t to know that shove would kill her.
Young men have killed other young men with a single shove before, not knowing that their friend (and it often is horseplay between friends) had an "eggshell" skull, and that the resulting fall would cause their death.

Young men have killed other young men with a single punch, because they were just unlucky.

They usually end up in jail.

This was obviously a vulnerable elderly lady who was confused and unable to control her actions - and if Richman hadn't provoked her by clapping and commenting, then she probably wouldn't have lashed out.

She should have been jailed. I hope the CPS appeal the leniency of the sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Young men have killed other young men with a single shove before, not knowing that their friend (and it often is horseplay between friends) had an "eggshell" skull, and that the resulting fall would cause their death.

Young men have killed other young men with a single punch, because they were just unlucky.

They usually end up in jail.

This was obviously a vulnerable elderly lady who was confused and unable to control her actions - and if Richman hadn't provoked her by clapping and commenting, then she probably wouldn't have lashed out.

She should have been jailed. I hope the CPS appeal the leniency of the sentence.
I think the bank staff are as much to blame. They should have done something to diffuse the situation given they were familiar with the elderly lady and likely knew it was going to take a considerable amount of time to deal with her.

I think the difference between this and the “normal” one punch/shove cases is that the elderly lady lashed out physically first whereas most of the one punch cases that end up in jail it’s the attacker who lashed out first.

Reactions: 27
I think the bank staff are as much to blame. They should have done something to diffuse the situation given they were familiar with the elderly lady and likely knew it was going to take a considerable amount of time to deal with her.
agreed - i noticed that the judge commented that the bank manager was literally right there watching the whole thing; they could and should have done something to calm the situation down.

while i get that the girl was hit first and wasn’t to know that a push would have killed her, i think at 26 you know that shoving an elderly person hard to enough to make them fall is going to cause some damage. in addition to her standing there with her hands on her hips and then just wandering off while the poor woman was in the ground. if i was the victim’s family i would want that sentence appealed too tbh.

Reactions: 23
I agree - if someone my age hit me, I would probably hit them back, or shove them or whatever. But if it was an obviously frail elderly lady, I really don't think I would. I'd move away so she couldn't hit me again but pushing her, that would just feel wrong. I don't think the Defendant comes out of this at all well, and she really should have been given a custodial sentence.
I think the staff should also be ashamed of their part in it all, had they dealt with it differently the whole incident could potentially have been avoided.

Reactions: 23

I'm in a few crochet groups & this 'lady' was quite a regular contributor.
Madness.... I can't find much else on the case suffice to say I hope both children are well & healthy.
I also strangely can't see much talk about it on fb where I initially saw the news unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Breaking news 20 year old charged with murder and attempted murder

Oh no. His name was Nasen Saadi, from Croydon. I still feel really uncomfortable with the lack of details around this crime. Why, why were they targeted? Was it a homophobic attack? Mental illness? Terror? Was he known to them?

Reactions: 16
Oh no. His name was Nasen Saadi, from Croydon. I still feel really uncomfortable with the lack of details around this crime. Why, why were they targeted? Was it a homophobic attack? Mental illness? Terror? Was he known to them?
My guess would be homophobic attack.

Reactions: 7
If it was thought to be a terrorist attack, I genuinely think that would have been announced. We'll just have to wait now until more is released.

Reactions: 4
I still feel really uncomfortable with the lack of details around this crime. Why, why were they targeted? Was it a homophobic attack? Mental illness? Terror? Was he known to them?
I'm just going to say this again for those at the back. This is EXACTLY the way it should be - no details should be released until the first day of the trial except name, address, age and what they are charged with. This is to ensure that the defendant gets a fair trial, which they are absolutely entitled to.

We are not the USA, where it's a complete bleeping circus from day one, the indictment with all the details on gets released to the public and the media can seemingly do what they like. And thank bleeping Christ for that. By the way, if anyone is still under the very misguided belief that their system is better than ours then go away, watch six seasons of Accused: Guilty or Innocent? and then come back and have a chat with me. I promise I will fight you to the death about this.

Also, I've seen some people wanting to know who the other victim is. I'm not sure of the law on this - as in, complete anonymity like a rape victim - but I have definitely followed murder trials where an attempted murder has never been publicly named. And that's fair enough. After all, someone has attempted to kill them FFS and there could be a continuing threat to their life.

This isn't aimed at specifically at you @Justhereforthedrama - honestly, I blame the Nicola Bulley case and these bleeping ridiculous TikTok sleuths for this horrible sense of entitlement. You want to be at the heart of the action and know everything that's going on? Here's a novel idea - join the police!

All that said, and this is just me speculating without doing any of my usual social media stalking, my feeling is that a guy from Croydon in Bournemouth on a Friday night has county lines drug dealer written all over it and they were just in the wrong place, wrong time. I think they were maybe on a date and it was a totally random act. I'm probably completely wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time) but that was my gut feeling when they said where he was from. These guys flood in from London to sell drugs in these regional and seaside towns and the weekends are obviously particularly busy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
It looks like Nick Billingham fathered a child with a woman who worked at the same school as Fiona. The woman is in the press today saying that she can’t understand what drove Fiona to kill…I don’t condone the murder by any stretch but surely this woman can see how she contributed to this situation?
that could explain her 20 year sentence as it sounds like she was pushed to the brink of insanity. The 2 innocent children caught up in this are the ones who will suffer so much, especially the daughter whose Mum is now in prison for murdering her Dad. So tragic.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm just going to say this again for those at the back. This is EXACTLY the way it should be - no details should be released until the first day of the trial except name, address, age and what they are charged with. This is to ensure that the defendant gets a fair trial, which they are absolutely entitled to.

We are not the USA, where it's a complete bleeping circus from day one, the indictment with all the details on gets released to the public and the media can seemingly do what they like. And thank bleeping Christ for that. By the way, if anyone is still under the very misguided belief that their system is better than ours then go away, watch six seasons of Accused: Guilty or Innocent? and then come back and have a chat with me. I promise I will fight you to the death about this.

Also, I've seen some people wanting to know who the other victim is. I'm not sure of the law on this - as in, complete anonymity like a rape victim - but I have definitely followed murder trials where an attempted murder has never been publicly named. And that's fair enough. After all, someone has attempted to kill them FFS and there could be a continuing threat to their life.

This isn't aimed at specifically at you @Justhereforthedrama - honestly, I blame the Nicola Bulley case and these bleeping ridiculous TikTok sleuths for this horrible sense of entitlement. You want to be at the heart of the action and know everything that's going on? Here's a novel idea - join the police!

All that said, and this is just me speculating without doing any of my usual social media stalking, my feeling is that a guy from Croydon in Bournemouth on a Friday night has county lines drug dealer written all over it and they were just in the wrong place, wrong time. I think they were maybe on a date and it was a totally random act. I'm probably completely wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time) but that was my gut feeling when they said where he was from. These guys flood in from London to sell drugs in these regional and seaside towns and the weekends are obviously particularly busy.
I agree with what you said but I also understand people wanting to know more and discussing this, especially on a site like Tattle.

Reactions: 13
This is absolutely appalling comments from the judge. And it reminds me of the C4 ‘experiment’ of The Trial. Man cleared of murdering his wife. Guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 6 years. Only has to serve 2/3rds.
“There were dozens of call outs to the police, but most of these I am sure involved exaggerated or false claims by Dawn against you.”

Can’t have been that exaggerated or false given the poor woman is now dead. Killed by her husband. Nobody gets to hear her side. And it’s all her fault. This judge is an absolute disgrace.

And I’m tired of seeing comments such as ‘if it was man he would get a harsher sentence’ when women appear to get lighter sentences. No they don’t. Men get away with this tit all the bloody time. As this case shows.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I agree with what you said but I also understand people wanting to know more and discussing this, especially on a site like Tattle.
I would say that speculating on an anonymous site like Tattle is part of why we are here. What I don't agree with is criticism of the police for not providing rolling twenty four hour coverage of their investigation. And that's how it has felt to me.

Also, I can't see anything outwardly that the police have done wrong here. Originally arrested either (and this is me speculating) probably a known local troublemaker and/or someone found close to the scene acting suspiciously, then viewed CCTV in the area, realised they were barking up the wrong tree (it happens) released a photograph of the suspect, whilst finishing their questioning of the first person, and then arrested what is hopefully the correct person, all within a few days. That's pretty good going in my opinion. And just because they didn't tell you all of this doesn't mean they have been hiding anything or are useless. Like I said, it's this weird sense of entitlement that doesn't sit right with me.

As for it not being a headline story for day one, it's been big national news since it happened and has stayed there all week. That takes a lot for a murder these days. I can think of many, many families who would kill (no pun intended) for the kind of coverage and traction this one has got.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I would say that speculating on an anonymous site like Tattle is part of why we are here. What I don't agree with is criticism of the police for not providing rolling twenty four hour coverage of their investigation. And that's how it has felt to me.

Also, I can't see anything outwardly that the police have done wrong here. Originally arrested either (and this is me speculating) probably a known local troublemaker and/or someone found close to the scene acting suspiciously, then viewed CCTV in the area, realised they were barking up the wrong tree (it happens) released a photograph of the suspect, whilst finishing their questioning of the first person, and then arrested what is hopefully the correct person, all within a few days. That's pretty good going in my opinion. And just because they didn't tell you all of this doesn't mean they have been hiding anything or are useless. Like I said, it's this weird sense of entitlement that doesn't sit right with me.

As for it not being a headline story for day one, it's been big national news since it happened and has stayed there all week. That takes a lot for a murder these days. I can think of many, many families who would kill (no pun intended) for the kind of coverage and traction this one has got.
You are always the voice of reason!

Also some comments remind me that people need to understand that an arrest isn't a conviction. It's part of an investigation and innocent people are arrested all the time. You will never know that it's the 'right' person until the trial ends.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.