Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There has to be something more to it. I can't imagine someone killing themselves because they were robbed?
I agree it does seem extreme and very unusual for someone to kill themselves in those circumstances. Maybe he was already suffering from mental health issues and that tipped him over the edge?

Reactions: 7
I agree it does seem extreme and very unusual for someone to kill themselves in those circumstances. Maybe he was already suffering from mental health issues and that tipped him over the edge?
Perhaps. Or perhaps it wasn't a kosher* business and he knew he would be held responsible.

*apology if we aren't allowed to say this now.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The Bournemouth stabbings, it reads to me as her wife wasn’t the second person. I may be wrong but I think it’s a third party who hasn’t been named, and is still in hospital.

Which may be a blessing in a way for the family, as Amie and her wife have a daughter 😔

IMG_6764.jpeg
IMG_6765.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 4
@InTheDollsHouse yes that’s correct.

I still don't understand why they were on the beach at that time of night. There is a Harvester at Durley Chine but closes at 10pm. Let's hope the friend makes a full recovery and can provide a statement.

Reactions: 6
I’d guess the watch dealer was involved in organised crime & couldn’t face the consequences coming his way.

Reactions: 15
I read somewhere (but am very happy to be corrected) that seemed to allegedly allude that the watches weren't perhaps owned by the store but that they were being sold on consignment for the owners.

I guess maybe some owners of luxury watches will be coming looking for someone to reimburse them (they probably aren't that bothered who, just someone, so could see how Oliver could feel he would be a target). It has been said that during a previous, lower value raid that the watches stolen then were not insured so whether the watches that were stolen in the recent raid were insured, who knows.

Anyway, all allegedly, could be wrong, take with a pinch of salt etc, jmoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Feels a bit like the company are suggesting he was at fault through not following their ‘procedures’ but don’t say why he was alone…

IMG_6776.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 11

I still don't understand why they were on the beach at that time of night. There is a Harvester at Durley Chine but closes at 10pm. Let's hope the friend makes a full recovery and can provide a statement.
Why is it strange to you that they were on the beach late at night? It's a beautiful place to be on a nice evening.

Reactions: 12

This is potentially the reason why little information has been disclosed about the case in general…odd. Very sad that someone has lost their life though.

Pictures from Fiona Beal house....

I know that it was initially a missing persons case....
but a blood stained mattress in the basement?

I’d guess the watch dealer was involved in organised crime & couldn’t face the consequences coming his way.
There's definitely a murky angle to the whole thing and the full picture is not being given.

We do not know what the robbers said in the dealer's ear while they had him in the chokehold, nor do we know what the boss of the company said to him afterwards. I'm guessing it probably wasn't "don't worry about it mate, the insurance will take care of it, these things happen". Something weird has been going on for the guy to think that not only was his life ruined but possibly his mother's financial arrangements too.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

I agree it is strange to be on the beach that late at night considering the crime that is going on in Bournemouth. There have been multiple sexual assaults around the beaches for a number of years. As a local I wouldn’t be on the beach at that time of night especially in the Bournemouth area. I read somewhere else that the second person was a friend/on a date and Amie had been separated from her wife sine January but obviously don’t know how true that is. The wife had been posting a lot on fb since the murder but since deleted her account I didn’t see any of the posts so don’t know what they said.

the wife/ex wife definitely wasn’t involved she went to the beach over the weekend to put rose petals in the water (this was photographed & possibly filmed). The child was Amie’s step daughter.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
On the subject of terror attacks, I have a friend who worked in security forces for years. He told me there are so many would-be terrorists on their radar and planned attacks are being stopped all the time behind the scenes. Most don’t get very far towards actually doing anything but others come very close before either someone informs on them or intelligence is gathered and they are broken up. He thought I would find this reassuring, that so much is being monitored and prevented, and that the logistics involved make it hard for these people to remain undetected, but I was horrified as it wasn’t something I had really thought about. This was a good few years ago he told me this as well, before the apparent rise in lone wolf incidents.
Another terror attack foiled. It is a constant battle. I read a few years ago that there is no way to stop terrorism, only to contain it. It says in the article that these men had leave to remain in the UK, I’m not sure if they are citizens though? If that’s the case I don’t see why they aren’t removed from the country and banned from returning.

I do feel like we are on the precipice of another big attack. It’s horrible but I always feel like it’s a waiting game. The lone wolf attack earlier of the man who stabbed two other men, killing one because of the war in Gaza got hardly any mention. I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been another 9/11 scale attack in America, it feels like a lot of the attacks are happening in Europe now. I wonder if there is a reason for that or something we can learn from.

Reactions: 13
The company is called 247 Kettles Ltd (🤷‍♂️) and they appear to operate mainly from an instagram page and out of serviced offices, it's all slightly murky. £2.8m of watches were taken. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the insurance wasn't up to it, and the poor guy thought he would be held personally responsible.

We also don't know what the two thugs said to him while they were robbing him, could well have come with threats or menaces about the future.

Hopefully the police are going to take it a bit more seriously than they appear to be at the moment.
I doubt there was any insurance. Bad situation, murky waters.

Reactions: 9
Pictures from Fiona Beal house....

I know that it was initially a missing persons case....
but a blood stained mattress in the basement?
I thought they were only suspicious when police were called to do a welfare check on her in a holiday let in Cumbria and found diaries with her confession? I’m guessing that’s when they searched her house and found the mattress and grave.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.