Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's awful. I had no idea Bournemouth had become like that.
It’s got worse the last 3-4 years and obviously depends which part of Bournemouth. I just find it a little odd 2 women in their 30s from Poole at the beach at that time (bearing in mind that not the closes beach too them) Not blaming them at all but can’t understand why they were there and how they got stabbed. All I can think of they challenged the person for anti social behaviour and he stabbed them. Where it happened would have nearly been pitch black no where near a car park or anything. Around Bournemouth you have to walk a considerable way to get to the beaches

Reactions: 4
Seaside towns in general have some terrible poverty. There's a myth that Kent is rich but it's just not true, there are a lot of pockets which are crime ridden hell holes and which just look like you've stepped onto the set of dystopian thriller. The wealthy residences don't spend their money in these towns, they only engage in events that are for them and their mates from what I see. They also like to walk around sneering at those of us who are not as successful as they are... all of this will have an effect on downtrodden locals who can't afford to buy or even rent a property in the area they grew up in and ultimately contribute to crime. It's depressing and infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Maybe it was her wife that was the other person injured. It's horrible isn't it, that people can just be living their lives and then are suddenly no longer here.
It said in an article I read today that she recently split with her wife. Could have been a new partner she was with. Maybe it was a homophobic attack?
Awful whatever the reason was anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm pretty sure her wife posted on Facebook so that didn't seem to indicate she was critically ill.

Reactions: 1
No matter the reason for them being targeted, why are 17 year olds walking round with knives capable of killing 😔

Reactions: 19
I don't understand why the police are issuing images of the 17 year old in Bournemouth when he already in custody?

I don't understand why the police are issuing images of the 17 year old in Bournemouth when he already in custody?
I assumed to try and piece together a timeline or any behaviour from him earlier/elsewhere. Maybe he was with the women earlier on or he was seen with a knife.

Reactions: 8
Do we know why he was in Dorset if he was from Lancashire? At 17 he's murdered someone and will most likely be out by his 30s.

Reactions: 1
The 17 year old has been released without charge. I suppose that's why the police are still appealing for cctv and witnesses.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
The 17 year old has been released without charge. I suppose that's why the police are still appealing for cctv and witnesses.
The Police have also said they've eliminated him from their enquiries

• Wow
Reactions: 10

The Bournemouth stabbing victim was a mother. I wonder why this info is only just being released now? Why do the authorities drip feed like this when it would be so much more conductive to share what they know as soon as they can so witnesses are more inspired to come forward?

Reactions: 6

The Bournemouth stabbing victim was a mother. I wonder why this info is only just being released now? Why do the authorities drip feed like this when it would be so much more conductive to share what they know as soon as they can so witnesses are more inspired to come forward?
I saw her named on fb and the Mail last night, and was surprised that she was only named today on the BBC news reports

Tbf it hasn't even been 72 hours yet - on a bank holiday weekend - they need to inform family members, have someone confirm her identity etc. Plus there's a second victim who has a right to privacy, there may be sensitivities to be managed in announcing one or both names.

Reactions: 15

Probably because it’s irrelevant? It wouldn’t be less tragic if she wasn’t a mother and in this case the wife and daughter brought themselves forward. After all the Nicola Bulley stuff I wouldn’t blame families for wanting to kept entirely out of appeals/the media given how the public react to things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Fair points. I'm not normally an impatient sort, I think I'm just worn down by the sheer amount of these violent attacks. Respect for loved ones privacy is absolutely important, agreed.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Tbf it hasn't even been 72 hours yet - on a bank holiday weekend - they need to inform family members, have someone confirm her identity etc. Plus there's a second victim who has a right to privacy, there may be sensitivities to be managed in announcing one or both names.
Family members had been made aware by Saturday when the news broke according to the local paper

Reactions: 5

Vile witch. If roles were reversed a man would have gone to prison.
100% if a man acted in this way they would get a prison sentence and a lot of hounding. If a woman does it, the man looks silly for letting it happen and is ridiculed. I'm sick of women getting away with stuff like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
100% if a man acted in this way they would get a prison sentence and a lot of hounding. If a woman does it, the man looks silly for letting it happen and is ridiculed. I'm sick of women getting away with stuff like this.

The local cop shop have opened her up for "fan mail" posting her address. The last sentence is an absolute piss take. There is no comfort for him to know that despite putting him through a trial and only pleading guilty when she could see no way out did she change her plea and yet she still avoided being a play thing for Karen for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.