Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone previously asked about this one - the double murder in Newhaven of Josh & Chloe Bashford.

Trial now set for 7th October at Lewis Crown Court. Justice Jeremy Baker deals with a lot of terrorism cases.

Also found this report from earlier in the week - looks like he's definitely going for a diminished responsibility defence, as we suspected, but the CPS aren't accepting it and pushing for murder. This explains why it's taking so long.

Please remind me, is he likely to be the father/FIL? Or random?

Reactions: 3
Please remind me, is he likely to be the father/FIL? Or random?
Definitely not random. Police have confirmed he was known to them.

I think he's the father or stepfather of Chloe. He's also known as Derek Glenn and, looking at some earlier news reports, that's the surname of two of her brothers.

Reactions: 9
Did anyone watch panorama last night? It was all about probation. An interesting watch.

Yes is is horrible...
But, it's also funny when they are talking about how the second victim died...
and the medical examiner says to Susan that in all his years of experience he has never seen a suicide shoot themself 5 times in the head.
I had to laugh at the bit where they're talking about the second victim and the narrator says "Susan appears to have the unlucky habit of stumbling upon bodies being eaten by her pigs"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know someone previously asked about this one - the double murder in Newhaven of Josh & Chloe Bashford.

Trial now set for 7th October at Lewes Crown Court. Justice Jeremy Baker deals with a lot of terrorism cases.

Also found this report from earlier in the week - looks like he's definitely going for a diminished responsibility defence, as we suspected, but the CPS aren't accepting it and pushing for murder. This explains why it's taking so long.

It was me who asked, thank you.

• Heart
I had to laugh at the bit where they're talking about the second victim and the narrator says "Susan appears to have the unlucky habit of stumbling upon bodies being eaten by her pigs"
The case does highlight that pigs might not be the best way of disposing of a body - allowing for the police think Susan may have killed 17 other people.
Hyenas would be better.
And you could take a leaf from the Kenyan presidential candidate, George Wajackoyah, and tap into the apparently lucrative trade in Hyena testicles.... https://www.newsweek.com/politicians-export-hyena-testicles-pandemic-alarm-vets-1721821

Reactions: 4
Huge fire at Broadmoor. Hope it was just an accident but very worrying.
---
Knife attacker search after woman killed on beach

Bournemouth

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c888v8lgx2zo
We've always had crime in this country just like everywhere in the world but I honestly don't recongise my damp little island anymore with how things are now when you get stories like this on what feel like a daily basis. People stabbed outside of schools, on beaches, at train stations, etc... it's just getting worse and worse. It makes me feel so angry and sad and helpless. Why is nobody in authority even trying to do something!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My stepdaughter lives in Bournemouth, feels like there is a new stabbing every week recently

• Sad
Reactions: 7
See there has been an arrest in the case in Scotland where it took 6 days to establish that the cause of death was a shooting.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My stepdaughter lives in Bournemouth, feels like there is a new stabbing every week recently
One of the worst trials I've ever followed was there. Victim was Rico Dardis. He was a drug addict (as usual, his family try to portray him otherwise) from Boscombe, which is apparently really rough. But he didn't deserve what happened to him. Don't read unless you have a strong stomach.

I think most seaside towns have some major
issues with crime.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I see lawtube is all of flutter following Nick Rekeita's arrest for drug possession.

Reactions: 2
I see lawtube is all of flutter following Nick Rekeita's arrest for drug possession.
Hopefully this will get him to sort his tit out. I've never really watched him but watch a lot of other lawtubers and I think he helped out some of them early on.

Hope he and his wife get better for their kids

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.