Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never been able to watch those "family channels" on Youtube. What I've seen of them has always made me so extremely uncomfortable. There is something fundamentally wrong about them however "innocent" the content is. I'm not a parent but I just could not imagine broadcasting a child of mine to the entire world like that, it's so fucked up.

I'm not impressed with Franke's husband. It doesn't seem like he fought for the kids at all? At least she is in prison now. Hopefully the kids can get a better chance at life. The little boy who was able to escape and ultimately save them all is a hero.
The husband was in a difficult position.
Especially when you look at the allegations against Jodi Hillerbrand.
Had he of objected, heaven knows what he would have been accused of...

Reactions: 1
The husband was in a difficult position.
Especially when you look at the allegations against Jodi Hillerbrand.
Had he of objected, heaven knows what he would have been accused of...
True, Hillerbrand seemed to be running a cult and we know how they can isolate people and destroy families. Tom Cruise being the most famous example with $cientology.

Reactions: 5
The verbal abuse Roughley dished out to Gigi as well, what an absolute, irredeemable piece of tit. I hope some awful things happen to her in prison and that is not my usual style.
I hope she gets exactly what she deserves.

I've been thinking about it and I don't know how she didn't get longer. If I strapped a child in the way she did and placed them face down, I would expect them to not come out of it very well. Same as if I threw someone off a bridge, I'd have an inkling they may not be 100% okay. How could she have restrained Genevieve the way she did and expect her to be ok?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
True, Hillerbrand seemed to be running a cult and we know how they can isolate people and destroy families. Tom Cruise being the most famous example with $cientology.
Were Hillebrand and Franke in a romantic relationship? I couldn't figure that out. It was a strange dynamic between them.
The boy who altered the neighbour was so brave, he was brainwashed into thinking he was going to be in trouble but still got to safety and saved his siblings.
Both of them were very strange individuals, I couldn't decide of Franke showed any glimmer of remorse at all. She seemed to acknowledge it was wrong but it seemed so false in court when she made that statement.

Were Hillebrand and Franke in a romantic relationship? I couldn't figure that out. It was a strange dynamic between them.
The boy who altered the neighbour was so brave, he was brainwashed into thinking he was going to be in trouble but still got to safety and saved his siblings.
Both of them were very strange individuals, I couldn't decide of Franke showed any glimmer of remorse at all. She seemed to acknowledge it was wrong but it seemed so false in court when she made that statement.
Many people have wondered about this, me included!

They did give that vibe.
But I suspect they were just high on the power they had over other people.

Reactions: 2
Funnily enough I watched that documentary last night too. I didn't know anything about the Frankes - but it was truly horrific.
These LDS communities are so bleeping weird.

Reactions: 4
Funnily enough I watched that documentary last night too. I didn't know anything about the Frankes - but it was truly horrific.
I can't relate in any way to it at all, it really is like they're on another planet. I try to be respectful of all beliefs and cultures but it's bloody hard with some of them!

Reactions: 6
I didn't know this until recently but apparently in LDS they are not meant to drink hot drinks, so in lots of places in Utah you don't get coffee shops. However you do get loads of soda shops instead where they drink Dirty Dr Peppers (they throw milk and syrup in with Dr Pepper so it allegedly is similar to an iced coffee 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️)
I cannot eyeroll any harder at a religion that forbids hot drinks! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I didn't know this until recently but apparently in LDS they are not meant to drink hot drinks, so in lots of places in Utah you don't get coffee shops. However you do get loads of soda shops instead where they drink Dirty Dr Peppers (they throw milk and syrup in with Dr Pepper so it allegedly is similar to an iced coffee 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️)
I cannot eyeroll any harder at a religion that forbids hot drinks! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Many many years ago I worked for a professional services firm who was hired by the LDS church - when they were looking to make inroads into the UK. I was instructed by my boss to remove all the tea and coffee that the catering team had set up for meeting. We also had to take the diet cokes out as many also don't drink caffeinated sodas ... so we all sat there for 2 hours with our water! :rolleyes:
Its what Jesus would have wanted! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I watched them both this evening after this reminder.
Digital Detectives was also really good too.
I can't begin to tell you how often Mr2 asks 'what you watching, murder again?'...😆
It's just so interesting & often quite frightening!
Tell him that it's better you get your fix by just watching it . . .
---
Many many years ago I worked for a professional services firm who was hired by the LDS church - when they were looking to make inroads into the UK. I was instructed by my boss to remove all the tea and coffee that the catering team had set up for meeting. We also had to take the diet cokes out as many also don't drink caffeinated sodas ... so we all sat there for 2 hours with our water! :rolleyes:
Jesus liked a glass of wine*, but you're right that he wouldn't have touched a can of coke.

*In fact a lot of wine - those water-to-wine jars he did at the wedding held between 25and 30 gallons, and there were (IIRC) 6 of them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
They now are allowed to drink caffeinated sodas, the caffeine only counts if the drink is hot 😂😂 An official church ruling.

(some splinter groups are stricter with this the same way some still practise polygamy etc, but the main church ruled as above).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I find it maddening the number of family annihilators that turn out to be from the LDS church. Like divorce isn't allowed but so they turn to murder. Make it make sense 🫤

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I respect their right to hold beliefs but I can't respect their beliefs in sky daddies and modern day saviours.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I bloody love the variety of things I learn thanks to Tattle.

*off to pop the kettle on*
Did you also know they have tiers of heaven? Like the good Mormons go to the celestial kingdom which is 5* heaven, but if you weren’t valiant in your testimony you go to the terrestrial kingdom 3* heaven then if you didn’t hear about Jesus and the golden tablets of JoSmith you go to the 1* telestial kingdom and then there’s a perdition level which is like 5* hell and normal hell aka spirit prison.

(note they do not describe it with a hotel style star rating)

ETA: I once ended up down a ex-Mormon YouTube rabbit hole that taught me these things, it was mind blowing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Jorno/troll Liz Jones once wrote that hot drinks are a sign of weakness. Maybe she should move to Utah!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was thinking this. There should never have been a beanbag for sleeping. I wonder what happened when it all came out do you think all the parents pulled their kids out? This case is really troubling me. I can’t stop thinking about.
My friends daughter went to a nursery where a couple of children managed to escape and were found wondering up the road 😳 luckily there were spaces at another nearby nursery and my friend removed her daughter immediately. Crazily I’ve just googled it and the nursery is still open so I guess not all parents did.

I know the nursery where Gigi went closed down so I’m guessing those parents must have all withdrawn their children. I read somewhere a nursery by a different owner operates in the same building now. I understand it’s a completely different company but I still don’t think I would be able to send my child there.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.